• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Does this include the entrance/dismantling of One Man's Dream?
Because the entrance will be on the backside of the current building- does this mean we will have Toy Story land built by 10/1/2016? With the coaster finishing up in 2017 (like SDMT)?
I am assuming that TSMM will re-open with it's current entrance and eventually switch to the new entrance when TSL is complete.

atighe42

Forgive me if this has already been addressed, but how could the installation of ONE Toy Story Midway Mania track take almost 2 years to complete? Everything has already been designed. And the ride is pretty bare in terms of any show scenes or detail. It relies almost entirely on screens.

Marlins1

Forgive me if this has already been addressed, but how could the installation of ONE Toy Story Midway Mania track take almost 2 years to complete? Everything has already been designed. And the ride is pretty bare in terms of any show scenes or detail. It relies almost entirely on screens.
I had the same question when they first announced this project. I have to think that 10/2016 at least includes the new entrance configuration from the current backstage area.

doctornick

My guess is this: they planned the development to take until late 2016 because they were planning to complete some version of "Toy Story Playland" at that time and wanted to open everything at once (since it would involve a new configuration for TSMM entrance/exits). Along the way, they decided to change or delay the plans for now called Toy Story Land with a larger/more complex ride in the Slinky Dog coaster which pushed back the opening of that land to 2017 or so -- but the TSMM addition was already budgeted and established to not be done until later in 2016 and now that timeline is "set".

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised to see the new TSMM track open by (say) spring break in 2016 to increase capacity in the park if lots of other things are closing.

RAXIP

OMD and Jack are not in SS1

Soundstage 1 - TSMM track 3
Soundstage 2 & 3 - Toy Story Mania
Soundstage 4 - Capt Jack & One Man's Dream
Soundstage 5 - Playhouse Disney Live
Is Soundstage 6 the Sci-Fi Dine-In?
Soundstage 7 & 8 - Great Movie Ride
Soundstage 15 - Rock N Roller Coaster, Starring Aerosmith
Soundstages 6,7,8 & 9 - Great Movie Ride
Soundstage 10 - Hyperion Theater
Soundstage 11 - ABC Sound Studio (Sounds Dangerous)
Soundstage 12 - Star Tours
Soundstage 13 - (I'm guessing there's no 13 because it's back luck)
Soundstage 14 - Sci-Fi Dine-In
Soundstage 16 - Voyage of the Little Mermaid

roj2323

They didn't start demo until last september (that's a year).

End of permit doesnt indicate ride openings.
Well, with Disney it's normally fairly close on their projects, however yes, it could well open early 2016 if they wanted.

However, that permit date sort of makes sense as a theoretical time frame to open the track. One would think TSMM would need to go down for a bit to reconfigure the queue and since September is a dead period, that would be the only time when it would be feasible to take the most popular ride off-line in a park with only 5 rides...

TJ Vazquez

Very interesting. I would assume there would be some backend work that would need to be completed when TSL is completed. Makes sense that they use the exisiting infrastructure while still adding capacity to the attraction. Should be intersting to see how the queue will be used for 3 tracks.

phi2134

I think a great example of how Disney can manipulate the completion dates for their own benefit. Stretch out the project or get it done as fast as possible, they are in total control :)

Top Bottom