DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

Next Big Thing

End of permit doesnt indicate ride openings.
Well, with Disney it's normally fairly close on their projects, however yes, it could well open early 2016 if they wanted.

However, that permit date sort of makes sense as a theoretical time frame to open the track. One would think TSMM would need to go down for a bit to reconfigure the queue and since September is a dead period, that would be the only time when it would be feasible to take the most popular ride off-line in a park with only 5 rides...

bhg469

If this is true and it is their intent, then Bravo! About time they are attempting to address at least one issue with DHS in a reasonable time frame.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Very interesting. I would assume there would be some backend work that would need to be completed when TSL is completed. Makes sense that they use the exisiting infrastructure while still adding capacity to the attraction. Should be intersting to see how the queue will be used for 3 tracks.

phi2134

I think a great example of how Disney can manipulate the completion dates for their own benefit. Stretch out the project or get it done as fast as possible, they are in total control :)

Next Big Thing

That would be fantastic! Love the ride, hate the wait... Who am I kidding, I've never waited in that long line.
I'm not sure the wait will actually go down much.

Extra capacity doesn't always amount to lower waits. It simply means more people will be able to experience the ride per hour. With only 5 rides in the park currently operational (at least until TS Land opens) waits shouldn't change much, but even then, the focus will be on Toy Story, so we may have to wait until Star Wars before seeing the wait time drop to acceptable levels.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Forgive me if this has already been addressed, but how could the installation of ONE Toy Story Midway Mania track take almost 2 years to complete? Everything has already been designed. And the ride is pretty bare in terms of any show scenes or detail. It relies almost entirely on screens.

In most of the attractions you find the actual show scenes go in pretty quick... since many aspects are pre-built offsite. It's the heavy construction of foundations, structures, utilities, etc that always take a long time regardless if its a clone or a new build. Go look at the construction of DCA's TSMM.. you will see all the trenches and foundation work they had to do for the ride system. That all needs to be done again... but inside an existing structure. That's heavy duty stuff.

Unless they are able to build the new system within the existing building shell without any heavy construction... the pace doesn't suprise me.

djkidkaz

I'm not sure the wait will actually go down much.

Extra capacity doesn't always amount to lower waits. It simply means more people will be able to experience the ride per hour. With only 5 rides in the park currently operational (at least until TS Land opens) waits shouldn't change much, but even then, the focus will be on Toy Story, so we may have to wait until Star Wars before seeing the wait time drop to acceptable levels.

This. What I think could happen is more fast passes available for it but they would have to move it to tier 2 to make it worthwhile for most. Otherwise I have to give up my coaster fast pass which isn't going to happen. I think they should move tot to tier 1 and tsmm to tier 2.

wdizneew

I'm too lazy to go through all 113 past pages.....Does anyone have a blueprint of how the third track will be implemented? is it going to be attached to the existing track or be a separate track?

To me, if the 3rd track is separate, then they standby line would probably turn left of Mr Potato Head to ride while FP+ goes right like how the queue is already configured. If the 3rd track is to be attached to the existing one, then they'd need reconfigure the queue line to start from backstage since the loading dock for the existing TSMM is in the front of the building...if that makes any sense.... I'm so very confused

msteel

I'm too lazy to go through all 113 past pages.....Does anyone have a blueprint of how the third track will be implemented? is it going to be attached to the existing track or be a separate track?

To me, if the 3rd track is separate, then they standby line would probably turn left of Mr Potato Head to ride while FP+ goes right like how the queue is already configured. If the 3rd track is to be attached to the existing one, then they'd need reconfigure the queue line to start from backstage since the loading dock for the existing TSMM is in the front of the building...if that makes any sense.... I'm so very confused
There have been pictures but as far as I know they are all speculative and not based on actual plans.

YodaMan

Honestly, I'm not totally sure Disney knows either. With the late 2016 opening date that was originally announced, I imagine Disney was trying to open the third track with the back entrance from Toy Story Land, which they would have wanted open by that time as well. But with all the closures and park numbers dropping, they're probably trying to open the third track as soon as possible, which means opening it with an entrance on the Mickey Ave side. Hopefully they have something figured out...

BigThunderMatt

One track dedicated solely to standby while the other two are for fastpass isn't going to address the issue which was the constantly long standby waits and sell-out of FP+. It's still likely going to be a merge process where after a certain point there is only one line, however, with three tracks, FastPass can be cleared out quicker and more people from Standby can merge in at once.

doctornick

One track dedicated solely to standby while the other two are for fastpass isn't going to address the issue which was the constantly long standby waits and sell-out of FP+. It's still likely going to be a merge process where after a certain point there is only one line, however, with three tracks, FastPass can be cleared out quicker and more people from Standby can merge in at once.

If one track is used exclusively for standby, it will help the standby line in the sense that it will be constantly moving. There will still be significant wait time given the demand for the ride, but more capacity will available for the people in the standby line (100% of one track is more standby capacity than 20% of each of two tracks).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom