DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

Vegas Disney Fan

and taxes purposes perhaps?
I don't know about taxes, I know we do it so the big bosses and stock holders can get an easy overview of costs and revenue. If the money isn't accounted for it makes some departments look like they are making a fortune and other departments look like they are losing a fortune, by "charging" other departments for internal work done it's gives a truer picture of profitability by department. It's a massive pain in the butt to track but makes sense for those looking at the big financial picture.

flyerjab

They are being expedited, not rushed. Which is...preferable. No dilly-dallying but no half-arsing.

I am certain it has been mentioned already, but why the sudden change in the approach to construction? What has so drastically altered what seemed their current mantra for building slowly and over multiple fiscal years? Does some of it have to do with what UNI is/will be doing? Or has some self-examination occurred?

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
I am certain it has been mentioned already, but why the sudden change in the approach to construction? What has so drastically altered what seemed their current mantra for building slowly and over multiple fiscal years? Does some of it have to do with what UNI is/will be doing? Or has some self-examination occurred?
OPS was not thrilled with the pace and length of the mass destruction of the park according to some sources....

*1023*

ToTBellHop

Introspection. Both the company at large and local management have come to the conclusion that DHS cannot wait 6 years for two new lands and longer for a third, so now we will get three lands in five years. No sacrifice in quality, just a vast reduction in the stagger between projects. This is why they are rushing things like the new villain stage show. Come 2016, guests will need SOMETHING to stay entertained away from the sea on construction walls.

matt9112

The famed high-quality rush-job.

there's really no excuse minus incompetence and waste, they have all the money they could possibly need as the largest entertainment company on the globe. they also have direct control over the municipal authority at WDW so all the codes and regulations are on there own playbook. and on top of that they have some of the best talent in the industry. there is no reason they cant build greatness very quickly.

bhg469

there's really no excuse minus incompetence and waste, they have all the money they could possibly need as the largest entertainment company on the globe. they also have direct control over the municipal authority at WDW so all the codes and regulations are on there own playbook. and on top of that they have some of the best talent in the industry. there is no reason they cant build greatness very quickly.
This is absolutely correct. The slow pace at which they build is absolutely a choice. New fantasy land was built at a snails pace and it doesn't contain any features that couldn't be built in half the time.

ToTBellHop

That depends on how you define quickly. Some want SWL by next Christmas and that just isn't reasonable. I agree they build more slowly than they could, of course. Take RoL for example. That could be showing nightly by now if they wanted.

Goofyernmost

This is absolutely correct. The slow pace at which they build is absolutely a choice. New fantasy land was built at a snails pace and it doesn't contain any features that couldn't be built in half the time.
Everyone seems to forget that it was built right in the middle of a park that operated at least 14/7/365+. The uproar of equipment, especially large construction equipment, operating during show time would have resulted in a small revolution. So yes, it did go slow, but, that was because the "fans" (and I use that word loosely) forced it to be that way. Get a grip. It is obvious that most of you do not have a clue about what is involved with constructing something as complex as a themed park ride (in this case area) and act as if it's just the same as a tool shed out in your backyard. That probably took all summer as well. The same thing applies to how long it took to tear down the BAH. It's a lot more complicated then our pencil pushing minds can imagine or acknowledge.

bhg469

That depends on how you define quickly. Some want SWL by next Christmas and that just isn't reasonable. I agree they build more slowly than they could, of course. Take RoL for example. That could be showing nightly by now if they wanted.
I don't see any reason that 30 months would be unreasonable for a very good star wars expansion. That won't happen but it could definitely be done.

bhg469

Everyone seems to forget that it was built right in the middle of a park that operated at least 14/7/365+. The uproar of equipment, especially large construction equipment, operating during show time would have resulted in a small revolution. So yes, it did go slow, but, that was because the "fans" (and I use that word loosely) forced it to be that way. Get a grip. It is obvious that most of you do not have a clue about what is involved with constructing something as complex as a themed park ride (in this case area) and act as if it's just the same as a tool shed out in your backyard. That probably took all summer as well. The same thing applies to how long it took to tear down the BAH. It's a lot more complicated then our pencil pushing minds can imagine or acknowledge.
If only there was another theme park in Orlando that not only achieved this, but also built a solid d ticket smack dab, in the middle of the park in a year.

You sir, are a hoot.

Goofyernmost

If only there was another theme park in Orlando that not only achieved this, but also built a solid d ticket smack dab, in the middle of the park in a year.

You sir, are a hoot.
Which one would that be sir? I'm serious. I don't know of any in the middle of the park, but, I might have forgotten something. Everything, other then the less then spectacular building housing Transformers, is on the peripheral of the parks. Not to mention that the standard of concern over fan reaction at Uni is much less then at Disney. Just think about how ape-crap everyone goes over the crane behind the Castle in spite of the demand for the Dream lights. At Disney it's all expected to be done by magic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom