DHS ReDo (August 2014)

SpaceMountain77

Does anyone else find DHS to be an incredibly frustrating park? With Broadway, film, radio and television, how is this park's potential not maximized?

(1) It is truly odd to me that nothing is filmed at DHS. They used to film the All-New Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Win, Lose or Draw at DHS. They cannot develop one or two television sitcoms or game shows for ABC, ABC Family or Disney Channel?

(2) Where is Radio Disney?

(3) Does DHS know that Disney owns ABC? Aside from promos and posters at ABC Commissary, where are the attractions and experiences based on successful television shows?

I could easily go on as this is something that I think about often.

Spinners? Seriously?

RSoxNo1

He is INCREDIBLY full of himself. The only thing worse than listening to him is reading his idea of folksy writing. Gah. And NO WAY the Great Movie Ride is getting replaced. The Chinese Theater is an icon in DHS. That claim alone proves he's bogus. As I'm sure the REAL insiders here like Lee and Whylightbulb can and perhaps will confirm.
I know I've been branded as a Jim Hill apologist, but how does he come off as full of himself? He's one of the most self deprecating people I know.

Sped2424

Jim Hill has been compared to a stopped clock. Both are right twice a day.

I think at one time, many years ago, Jim Hill may well have had sources for legitimate rumors. But all of this reads like a collection of rumors from this very discussion board, with one or two made-up details (the Great Movie Ride) added to make it sound good.
well he did say that frozen is headed to philarmagic, not long after that a refurb date was given in september and he was the first to crack that. Again nothing could happen but tons of people are speculating. Like I said I think he hears thing, but instead of thinking about what should be shared or what shouldn't he lets it all fly. Which is bad cause as proven plans change frequently.

RSoxNo1

well he did say that frozen is headed to philarmagic, not long after that a refurb date was given in september and he was the first to crack that. Again nothing could happen but tons of people are speculating. Like I said I think he hears thing, but instead of thinking about what should be shared or what shouldn't he lets it all fly. Which is bad cause as proven plans change frequently.
He also said that he didn't think the Frozen (and other) additions to PhilharMagic are coming with this refurb.

Captain Chaos

Did I mistake what he said about Star Wars? Didn't he make it sound like it would simply be a street in DHS, lined with shops and dining? With a spinner, of course the Cantina, and ending with Star Tours? That sounds pretty weak. If this is how WDI wants to prove they can top Diagon Alley, well it is already a fail.

But, of course, this being Jim Hill and all, I'll believe it when I see it. I want to have a little more faith in WDI regarding Star Wars than this.

SpaceMountain77

Did I mistake what he said about Star Wars? Didn't he make it sound like it would simply be a street in DHS, lined with shops and dining? With a spinner, of course the Cantina, and ending with Star Tours? That sounds pretty weak. If this is how WDI wants to prove they can top Diagon Alley, well it is already a fail.

But, of course, this being Jim Hill and all, I'll believe it when I see it. I want to have a little more faith in WDI regarding Star Wars than this.

Yes, I listend to the full 72 minutes and Star Wars Land seems to be a street with shopping and dining that can accommodate crowds of 10-people deep, a spinner, Star Tours, and an academy experience in Sounds Dangerous.

RSoxNo1

He has previously discussed a speeder bike attraction. @lentesta can attest to this, but it's easy to get Jim side tracked. That seems to have been what happened when discussing Star Wars. They're spending $700 million, I would expect a 3rd Star Wars attraction on top of the spinner and Star Tours.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom