DHS Permits

S 2

That would make sense.
This may be the ultimate test. I can't wait to see how we go from muppets New York to Star Wars... a part of me hopes they do eventually decide to just make it a dead end and have us enter around star tours somehow once the new parking entrance and lot is complete. It would be cool to curve around into this new land, or like some have said, make star tours simulate a flight into the land ... i know I know: "there is no evidence of plans for this at this time"... can't wait for this to unfold over the next few years!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
This may be the ultimate test. I can't wait to see how we go from muppets New York to Star Wars... a part of me hopes they do eventually decide to just make it a dead end and have us enter around star tours somehow once the new parking entrance and lot is complete. It would be cool to curve around into this new land, or like some have said, make star tours simulate a flight into the land ... i know I know: "there is no evidence of plans for this at this time"... can't wait for this to unfold over the next few years!

Even if you move the entrance to Star Tours, which personally I don't think will happen, you would still have the issue of transitioning from a non-Star Wars area to a Star Wars area.

Siren

I really hope that Disney decides to keep Star Tours after Star Wars Land opens -- especially, since it's being updated with new experiences. It just feels like classic Star Wars. And yes, I would love for Star Tours to be the gateway to Star Wars Land or at least connected in some way. Star Wars Land should flow into the other lands like MK -- that would ease congestion. I think.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I think the plan is once SWL opens Star Tours will go down for a full retheme, unless plans have changed in the meantime

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think the plan is once SWL opens Star Tours will go down for a full retheme, unless plans have changed in the meantime

Unless there's a really hot new property that WDW is desperate to shoehorn in somewhere regardless of surrounding theme, I'm betting that Disney's normal inertia will keep both Star Tours and Launch Bay as they are until it's time to reclaim where they stand as part of a new "Land." After all, three years from now, we expect SW to continue to be a hot property of which a large number of people can not get enough of. Let Star Tours be their totally out of continuity kid-friendly ride and Launch Bay their SW museum. Neither would work well within the immersive SW Land.

Goofyernmost

I would suspect that it is done the same way that you used to be able to walk down the Streets of America look to your right and see San Francisco and then look straight ahead and see New York City. Willful suspension of disbelief. It's how we are able to use our imagination. Once the Muppet area is behind your visual ability, it ceases to exit and we are in another world.

S 2

I would suspect that it is done the same way that you used to be able to walk down the Streets of America look to your right and see San Francisco and then look straight ahead and see New York City. Willful suspension of disbelief. It's how we are able to use our imagination. Once the Muppet area is behind your visual ability, it ceases to exit and we are in another world.

I see the point you are trying to make, and you're right, but there's a bigger leap in theme from two American streets in a section called "Streets of America" than going from NYC to Tattooine (I know it's not Tatooine, just making a point).... I know Disney can do it, just saying... Or, maybe Muppets Courtyard could be the portal!
Muppets-from-Space.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
An interesting modification to the original drainage permit for the DHS projects has been filed with the South Florida Water Management District.

The dotted yellow lines in the first image show the new work areas in this permit. The top one circled if blue will be covered in gravel and become a new laydown yard for construction staging. The one circled in blue at the bottom will also be covered in gravel so will probably be a new construction entrance. The two small areas by CBR are just small changes for runoff control.

The other two areas are more interesting. The both involve the modification of existing bodies of water and the construction of new buildings. The second and third images show the details of these, the red one is first, followed by the green one.
Permit1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

capture3.jpg

anchorman314

Does "building" actually mean a structure with 4 walls and a roof? Or could it be an open-air structure of some sort? Just spit-balling here, but perhaps they're going to build another or a replacement boat dock?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
How big is the area close to the park?

It's about 18,000 sq/ft.

Does "building" actually mean a structure with 4 walls and a roof? Or could it be an open-air structure of some sort? Just spit-balling here, but perhaps they're going to build another or a replacement boat dock?

I think a open-air structure is a possibility. I doubt it's a dock because they would show it going into the water. A section of the pond is actually being filled in next to the structure so it will be further away from the water.

any chance the most recent permit corresponds with the rumored CBR project?

I can't think of any connection.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here is a drawing should the rough size and placement.
upload_2017-2-13_12-38-32.png

It's interesting that it does encroach into the path to the bus stops. The line with the blue arrow is the curb where the buses stop which would indicate to me that there is going to be some re-configuration of that bus drop offs. Considering the location I would think this structure has something to do with transportation.

upload_2017-2-13_12-39-49.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom