DHS Permit

bjm72385

No, those lines show the borders of drainage basins which are different area of storm water control.
I also noticed that under where it says L402-12 it says 24.91 AC. Could that mean that the area inside that border is 24.91 acres? If so, then once you take off the top area where Echo Lake is (assuming it is still not included), and possibly add in the top part of the front half of CM parking lot, then perhaps we can get an idea of the SWL area. And maybe it's just me but the area doesn't seem to be as big as I thought it would be if that's the case.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I also noticed that under where it says L402-12 it says 24.91 AC. Could that mean that the area inside that border is 24.91 acres? If so, then once you take off the top area where Echo Lake is (assuming it is still not included), and possibly add in the top part of the front half of CM parking lot, then perhaps we can get an idea of the SWL area. And maybe it's just me but the area doesn't seem to be as big as I thought it would be if that's the case.

I did a quick measurement on Google Earth, and verified that those numbers are acres.

Unplugged

Last I was told as recent as last month was two low level garages.

Thanks for the insight! This tells me that the "new" parking designated in yellow may be temporary while they build new garages over existing park lot space. First build & open garage #1, then start on the second. Leaving either the "new yellow parking" or removing it for more park space later. Lot's of options at this point.

I can't wait to see some of the other permits that will finally start to expose part of their strategy.

Master Gracey 5

Remind me, how big is the expansion supposed to be to Disneyland with Star Wars? Was it much more than 24 acres or less?

Ignohippo

Thanks for the insight! This tells me that the "new" parking designated in yellow may be temporary while they build new garages over existing park lot space. First build & open garage #1, then start on the second. Leaving either the "new yellow parking" or removing it for more park space later. Lot's of options at this point.

I can't wait to see some of the other permits that will finally start to expose part of their strategy.

I think you are right on. I believe the yellow area is for future expansion. Unless something has changed, that area is absolutely not part of this phase of the plans, so using to for parking for the next few years (while construction of the garages takes place) makes sense.

Mike C

14 Acres for Star Wars land was the number going around, for comparison Harry Potter/Hogsmede is 20 acres. (including the DC and Train Station buildings)

edit: Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade flip flop.

Last edited:

dstrawn9889

now temper your timeline expectations, this permit is just showing the stormwater and runoff plans. it is for Fl to show responsible runoff practices, and what areas are permeable and what it stright runoff. they are going to have to complete the new runoff pond before making anything non-permeable(paving and the like) and before destruction of current wetlands and any changes to existing basins. these dates have NOTHING to do with actual construction timelines of attractions.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
14 Acres for Star Wars land was the number going around, for comparison Diagon Alley is 20 acres. (including the Gringotts and Train Station buildings)

Diagon Alley is only 7 acres.

Capture.JPG

Victor Kelly

This appears to be the first major permit related to the work at DHS. The main part of this permit is the construction of a new drainage pond on the other side of World Drive. You can also see the reconfiguration of the Osceola and Victory way interchange, although that work is not part of the permit. I am still going over the documents to see what else we can learn from them. At the bottom of the image you can also see where a new construction access road will be put in.

View attachment 116360

That new Victory Way Interchange looks like it will be a new entrance into the Studios. Would be nice if they expand park boundaries, and put in a garage for parking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom