DHS Parking lot remodel and expansion

Lensman

So everyone will go happy and smiling into their flaming crocodile filled death 😉
Only alligators in Florida, except for the occasional very rare sighting of the threatened American Crocodile. I've never seen one myself, but they have them in the Everglades. Wikipedia says that there have been a couple of sighting as far north as the Tampa area, though.

Not even close. It's going to be the new funeral home branch of Disney Parks and Resorts. The exit body chute will slide from the unload of the Gondolas directly into this building for fast, efficient, and expensive corpse processing after riding the gondolas.
Reminds me of one town I lived in where the funeral home was right across the street from the hospital in town. The entrance awnings even lined up so it was a bit shocking.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but it sounds liked the BVD entrance will officially switch to "buses only" no later than November 1.
Does anyone have recent overhead photo's of the access road to the new toll area? I'm trying to remember what state of construction the road is in, but, it seems like it was pretty close to paving possibilities, so that date seems doable.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Does anyone have recent overhead photo's of the access road to the new toll area? I'm trying to remember what state of construction the road is in, but, it seems like it was pretty close to paving possibilities, so that date seems doable.

This is from August 17, paving was pretty much done at that point.

Capture.JPG

Goofyernmost

Looks like both bridges are in place and all that is really left to do is perhaps the top coat for paving and the toll area. November 1st should be doable. Course they do have to get the road signs and directional signs in place as well. Still that should be on track. Thanks @danlb_2000. Lots of sod to put down, but, that can be done quickly. Did the paving go all the way back to the new entrance?

Rteetz

Looks like both bridges are in place and all that is really left to do is perhaps the top coat for paving and the toll area. November 1st should be doable. Course they do have to get the road signs and directional signs in place as well. Still that should be on track. Thanks @danlb_2000. Lots of sod to put down, but, that can be done quickly. Did the paving go all the way back to the new entrance?
Signage is relatively easy. Sod/landscaping could even be done after the road opens if need be.

Goofyernmost

Signage is relatively easy. Sod/landscaping could even be done after the road opens if need be.
I suppose but, the directions to DHS have to be altered from every possible direction. So wherever the signs to DHS are currently have to either be altered or removed and new ones put where they never were before (i.e. Entrance areas or along the way). Seems like a fairly good sized job to me. WDW has a lot of roads. Sod could indeed be done after, but, I would be disappointed if they did it like that. Course, I've been disappointed before by Disney, so I guess it's probably more than possible.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The exit bridge looks ready to use (from a quick look) but the entrance bridge surface doesn’t look finished.

The bigger issue is the junction at Osceola. Nowhere near ready.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The exit bridge looks ready to use (from a quick look) but the entrance bridge surface doesn’t look finished.

The bigger issue is the junction at Osceola. Nowhere near ready.

The original documents I saw said that the new entrance would open in two phases. Based on recent aerials of the Osceola interchange that appears to still be the plan since some ramps are much further along then others.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom