DHS Parking lot remodel and expansion

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Don't you tell me which zone is for loading, and which zone is for stopping! ;)

Albert AWOL has you covered:
The docking zone is for loading and unloading only.
The loading zone, is for docking purposes only.
The unloading zone is for purposes unlike those of the loading and docking zones.

I am excited for this project always thought the old bus covers where really lacking compared to the other three parks. Glad to see they are fixing this, even if the resort buses fo uncovered for a short time.

The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in a red zone.
1533152776334.png

Goofyernmost

But what if they’re afraid of heights, claustrophobic, and need straws?
Or are not overwhelmingly happy about the idea of bursting into flames due to heat or lightning, or being dropped into a gator filled pond when the cable breaks. This will not have a happy ending in any sense of the word. Of course, that does narrow the field a little because even buses run into things and have been known to catch on fire. Monorails have been known to be flammable as well as being stopped 50 feet in the air just after leaving the Contemporary (that first step from the door is a killer) and least we not forget about boats hitting some of those famous Florida Icebergs. You will not feel like king of the world in any of those things.

Perhaps we should do a written demand that Disney build a walking path from the resorts to the parks. Then all we would have to be concerned about snakes, gators and other possibly hungry wild life. The key to ones safety is simple for those things though... just always walk the path with someone that you can out run.

Jambo Joe

I know we are all thinking of the Airplane quote.

Male announcer: The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.

Female announcer: The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.

Male announcer: The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the white zone.

Female announcer: No, the white zone is for loading of passengers and there is no stopping in a RED zone.

Male announcer: The red zone has always been for loading and unloading of passengers. There's never stopping in a white zone.

Female announcer: Don't you tell me which zone is for loading, and which zone is for stopping!

Male announcer: Listen Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh@@ again.

Male announcer: There's just no stopping in a white zone.

Last edited:

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, August 14, 2018. A decorative circular feature is being added to the end of the Hollywood Studios bus shelter terminal under construction.

IMG_0645.JPG

The old Disney resort bus terminal shelters at Hollywood Studios had their shelter numbers and resort signs removed. These are the bus terminals that parallel the new Skyliner station.

IMG_0646.JPG

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Know it has to happen, know it is temporary however this is going to be brutal. It was brutal for over a year when the park to park transportation buses were in a make shift area without any shade shelter or shelter from sudden storms. Magnifying this by so many more bus stops surrounded by asphalt which becomes an oven unto itself. And it’s not as if Disney is noted for keeping buses on schedule. Hard pressed to think of any park or DS where guests can’t seek shelter.

I am Timmy

So which resort is now the farthest from the park? I love me some walkin'! No seriously, farthest bus stop? Please not POP, please not POP.

Goofyernmost

So which resort is now the farthest from the park? I love me some walkin'! No seriously, farthest bus stop? Please not POP, please not POP.
It’s pop.
I may have missed something, but, if we are talking about the distance from DHS, why does it matter. There will be no continuous use bus stop for DHS from or to POP. It will be Gondola time for that resort. If we are talking about something different, I apologize. Looks like the closest place to DHS entrance/exit is the Gondola Station.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom