• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

DHS Parking lot remodel and expansion

nbar

Will the side entrance (across from Speedway) to the parking lot remain open for buses? Or will that shut down as well, only to leave the new entry was as the only option?

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Where the heck is the SW hotel going? It is going next to SW:GE right?
No insider has told us yet where it's going. On the map below (based on Disney's own Comprehensive Plan [see here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/maps-of-the-reedy-creek-2010-2020-plan.935133/#post-7935696 ] ) the white areas are already designated as build spaces and the orange is "suitable" for development. Additionally there is a lot of suitable building space west of World Drive and south of Osceola Pkwy.

upload_2017-11-2_14-27-10.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Where the heck is the SW hotel going? It is going next to SW:GE right?
We don't know for sure, but I would guess it would go somewhere around here:

upload_2017-11-2_13-42-39.png
No insider has told us yet where it's going. On the map below (based on Disney's own Comprehensive Plan [see here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/maps-of-the-reedy-creek-2010-2020-plan.935133/#post-7935696 ] ) the white areas are already designated as build spaces and the orange is "suitable" for development. Additionally there is a lot of suitable building space west of World Drive and south of Osceola Pkwy.

View attachment 241331
A lot of the land between DHS and Victory is considered un-suitable, but it was recently removed from the conservation easement which indicates to me they have plans for it.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
We don't know for sure, but I would guess it would go somewhere around here:

View attachment 241323

A lot of the land between DHS and Victory is considered un-suitable, but it was recently removed from the conservation easement which indicates to me they have plans for it.
Don't suppose you know of any map that shows what 'conservation/wetlands' was moved to 'suitable' in that latest land swap?

TiggerDad

A recent water management permits shows some details of the parking lot expansion.

View attachment 241322
Looks like the realignment of the bus drop off area near the gondola station will put a big dent in the parking lot. Near box C-321 in the picture above.
I'm guessing the lots at bottom that are on a different orientation are cast parking, although the middle piece looks like it could be broken off and used as swing space if they needed more guest parking.

P_Radden

Premium Member

View attachment 241331
That area in white will be taken up mostly with the new interchange:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Don't suppose you know of any map that shows what 'conservation/wetlands' was moved to 'suitable' in that latest land swap?
There is a map somewhere but it's basically everything between World Drive, Buena Vista, Victory and Osceola. The land hasn't been moved to suitable, it's still considered un-suitable for construction, but it is no longer conservation land.