DHS Parking lot remodel and expansion

peter11435

Some here don't know that. I was speaking rhetorically and not specifically to you.

Everyone here knows that.

That’s why we’ve been watching them build Star Wars land for years.

But that doesn’t mean they won’t sacrifice success tomorrow for a quick buck today.

Last edited:

Rteetz

From Bioreconstruct

A215CF31-4B80-4102-B7A4-1A1371D86F09.jpeg
A00F33DD-6AA3-4C2A-9298-7752838E09C9.jpeg

YodaMan

It appears the tram will circle within the defined space, so unlikely it’s for queue purposes. The shape makes me believe it will continue all the way across the plaza eventually.

That was my thinking as well. I assume the current security stands will push forward as well and line up with the ones being built and form a perimeter around the entrance so there’s plenty of bag-check stations for when Star Wars Land opens.

Timothy_Q

It's interesting how they really did all the necessary infrastructure changes outside the gates of DHS, in preparation for SW, but they didn't really do much inside the gates.

Parking expansion, new toll plaza, new bus stops, Skyliner, new security checkpoint

At least the park is ready for future expansions

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
It's interesting how they really did all the necessary infrastructure changes outside the gates of DHS, in preparation for SW, but they didn't really do much inside the gates.

Parking expansion, new toll plaza, new bus stops, Skyliner, new security checkpoint

At least the park is ready for future expansions
They’re in a catch-22 now, as any big capacity rides could also be a “draw” for higher attendance. MMRR will “add” capacity (debateable i know) in the place of an attraction that had lost appeal to many guests ( I still liked it, but I know it’s not for everyone). I’d like to think they have an amazing crowd control plan in place to prevent ridiculous lines but let’s face it even if they did, “people attract people” and in a weird way, they want the bragging rights of stating the lines for SW far surpassed HP lines. Good news for the WDW crowd is at least DL will take bigger initial impact of the crowds from die-hard fans. Although we all know it’s going to be crazy even with two of these lands.

deWild

They really gridlocked the footprint of DHS by building the bus loop and security where they're currently being built.

I don’t understand why they felt it necessary to stick with the current park layout when they damn well know how much of a crowd they’ll draw with SWL. The streets in DHS will be claustrophobic, more so than they already are, and they chose not to leave room to expand the park’s footprint? I imagine there are a few ways to circumvent this, but for the time being it seems the park won’t receive, and this is just my opinion, the DCA treatment it kinda needs.

CLEtoWDW

It still makes me mad that they ruined the walkway from the EPCOT area resorts to HS. That detour is absurd and makes the walk easily 10 minutes longer than it used to be. Poor planning Disney.

peter11435

It still makes me mad that they ruined the walkway from the EPCOT area resorts to HS. That detour is absurd and makes the walk easily 10 minutes longer than it used to be. Poor planning Disney.
There is no longer any detour. It is back to essentially the original route.

Even when it was using the detour 10 minutes is a little extreme. The entire walk from Boardwalk to DHS barely takes 15. The detour didn’t add more than a couple minutes.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
When were you there last? If you look at the pictures above, they have reopened the original walkway.

Indeed the lakeside walkway was reopened weeks ago. I was there today and it's open. There is no more detour anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom