DHS Parking lot remodel and expansion

TP2000

It's an OCD trap design element. They wait until there's a sufficient crowd before the call in the scoops.

It's symmetrical when you see it from ground level, but from an aerial view it does look odd. Until you realize the roof structures align with their counterparts on the opposite sides of their bus loops.

From the ground, and as you interact with it as a pedestrian, it will seem totally normal and matchy-matchy (technical design term).

kthomas105

In a semi-related post is the parking garage next to Toy Story land still used? The top deck always seems empty in arial shots, which is common for most garages, but alas raised the question in my mind.

Timothy_Q

In a semi-related post is the parking garage next to Toy Story land still used? The top deck always seems empty in arial shots, which is common for most garages, but alas raised the question in my mind.
And also, who's parking there now that DHS has a huge cast parking lot behind SW?

jt04

If they are intending to do that, it kind of makes the amount of cast parking they built seem redundant unless they raze the parking structure.

Anything is possible but utilizing all the spaces in the garage opens up more spaces in the flat parking lot for the general public. They will need all of them they can get.

If they really need space they might be thinking of razing that fancy office building behind the Launch Bay building. That would definitely open some room for expansion.

Next Big Thing

I just find it weird that DHS is the smallest park with what seems to be the biggest amount of cast parking
Magic Kingdom would like to have a word with you:
iZGCm9d.jpg

Now, I agree with what you're getting at though. The area of DHS where that garage sits, that entire animation building and the whole courtyard is just prime for park expansion. Move the offices elsewhere and find somewhere else to park. This is a theme park with limited space, we don't need a garage taking up valuable land.

jt04

I’m refering to you not understanding the point about the companies quarterly mindset. Obviously the company has plans and embarks on projects that are years down the road.

Some here don't know that. I was speaking rhetorically and not specifically to you.

In any case, the news makes me more optimistic for the 4 WDW parks than I have ever been. So that means very optimistic.

I see now why WDW 74 left these boards. Everything he said has been shown to be 100% wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom