DHS New "Flex" Theater

DisDan

What you guys are not privy too is this bombshell....you ready for it....

Disney is planning IP mergers in the not too distant future. Are you all ready for Captain America and the Avengers aboard the Millenium falcon as they chase Thanos flying a Tie Fighter towards Asgard..... Be ready for this....

Bocabear

What about the idea of re-theming RNRC to GOTG? That could potentially be very good.
Wow that would thematically make even less sense than Rock N Roller Coaster. I think another poster already said it, but they REALLY have to stop re-purposing things and open some additional attractions... this park has less attractions than the Animal Kingdom...and only 5 attractions on the roster. The last thing they needed to build was another theater...

lifeguard1020

I dont understand people suggesting that an attraction be moved from one place to another...
It's not reasonable/practical at all. From what I can recall, it has only happened once, ever, in a Disney Park...
And that was just recently with FotL...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I dont understand people suggesting that an attraction be moved from one place to another...
It's not reasonable/practical at all. From what I can recall, it has only happened once, ever, in a Disney Park...

Those suggestions are mostly armchair imagineering. It's fun to play with ideas like that, but most people know it won't actually happen.

doctornick

It's happened, but not commonly. More recently, Dumbo changed locations at the MK. Astro Orbitor at DL switched locations in that park as well in the past. But those are small flat rides where it is practical and easier.

The one really significant move, however, was Carousel of Progress that was moved from the World's Fair in NYC to DL and then later moved to MK. So, it can happen. (Also, IASW moved from the World's Fair to DL, so that's another big journey that a ride had.)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's happened, but not commonly. More recently, Dumbo changed locations at the MK. Astro Orbitor at DL switched locations in that park as well in the past. But those are small flat rides where it is practical and easier.

The one really significant move, however, was Carousel of Progress that was moved from the World's Fair in NYC to DL and then later moved to MK. So, it can happen. (Also, IASW moved from the World's Fair to DL, so that's another big journey that a ride had.)
There's move, and there's just move props and key items and a build a new building for them.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour

Aren't they in the process of, or recently moved IASW in Tokyo?

*1023*

Disneyhead'71

Never mind. Already covered.

Anyway, what are the chances of this Flex Stage becoming the defacto replacement for the bigger events that now take place at Center Stage. And Center Stage becoming something more low key with telescopic lights around the perimeter.

Fireworks over ToT would be cool.

Kman101

Yeah, when I throw out there "move Small World" "move Carousel" I know it won't happen. Just wishful thinking. Maybe if the old guard were running the parks it would be slightly more possible ... and ugh, walked by the Tomorrowland Speedway today and it stinks. I wish they'd upgrade it. It just looks terrible.

Wikkler

Wow that would thematically make even less sense than Rock N Roller Coaster. I think another poster already said it, but they REALLY have to stop re-purposing things and open some additional attractions... this park has less attractions than the Animal Kingdom...and only 5 attractions on the roster. The last thing they needed to build was another theater...
5 rides ≠ 5 attractions.

Rteetz

Any construction updates?
Micechat had a photo today

image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom