DHS New Fireworks Launch Area

ChristianG

Strange placement for a launch site for fireworks over the theater. It's also strangely shaped (although, that's just my opinion I know nothing about the requirements for a launch pad. I just know that MK's is square-shaped)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here is a more detailed plan. It looks like both storage and launchers.
Capture.JPG

doctornick

From Hollwood Blvd, wouldn't this launch site put the fireworks kind of in between the theater and the Brown Derby? From the Crosswords of the World you probably wouldn't get a good view due to buildings on Hollywood Blvd, but most of the street would probably offer decent views, plus you'd have the entire "hub" space available, I would think.

Of course, the cynical prospective is that a great view to that launch site would be offered from the current Echo Lake location, so maybe they do plan to pave that over for some sort of FP+ viewing area or other poor idea.

KYWDW

Strange placement for a launch site for fireworks over the theater. It's also strangely shaped (although, that's just my opinion I know nothing about the requirements for a launch pad. I just know that MK's is square-shaped)
The shape is normal. Front smaller lower firing shells in front with larger shells staggered deep. Placement/angle is very odd unless they lined it up with the backside of tsmm being the direct line of sight. But not sure then what the focal point would become.

Tom

Beta Return
The shape is very odd too. Doesn't really seem to support the intended direction. Will be interesting to see how this play out.

I wonder if they will use the extreme ends of the area for fireworks storage sheds. I know they currently store all of them up by the MK, at that compound, but with a properly protected building, fallout isn't a concern.

Tom

Beta Return
Here is a more detailed plan. It looks like both storage and launchers. View attachment 121500

I wonder if they will use the extreme ends of the area for fireworks storage sheds. I know they currently store all of them up by the MK, at that compound, but with a properly protected building, fallout isn't a concern.

For the record, I was typing my post (above) before your posts appeared confirming shell storage. I'll go ahead and pat myself on the back :p

10" shells. Gonna make a big boom.

toolsnspools

I see 8 small firework storage sheds down the right of the blueprint. Makes a ton of sense, considering they would otherwise have to transport from behind MK every day. I'm surprised at how close they are to World Drive though. I wonder if there will be a berm.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I see 8 small firework storage sheds down the right of the blueprint. Makes a ton of sense, considering they would otherwise have to transport from behind MK every day. I'm surprised at how close they are to World Drive though. I wonder if there will be a berm.

I don't think those are all sheds. Here are large versions of the plan where the labels are clearer. I assume the pads are the launch areas.

Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG
Capture3.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 272
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 266
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 269

toolsnspools

I don't think those are all sheds. Here are large versions of the plan where the labels are clearer. I assume the pads are the launch areas.

View attachment 121507 View attachment 121508 View attachment 121509
Right you are. Thanks for posting the larger copies. That is a lot of launch sites.... The storage they have listed must not be for fireworks, or is only for a small supply then.

EDIT: The fireworks storage would be the block building between Pad D and Pad E. I would guess the block building could hold a few days worth of fireworks. The smaller shed back beside the larger launch pads is likely for something else.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

If they razed and raised the Indy site the view would be over the theater and have almost built-in egress to the entrance for exiting crowds after the show......... Maybe just maybe

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom