DHS New Attraction coming this summer! - The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow

jt04

Does this mean they will finally remove Jack Sparrow from the MK? :hurl:

Just the opposite I suspect. I think the classic PotC ride is about to be all about the Sparrow version of Pirates. They need this open to close PotC and refurb it. Just a hunch. And I think it could be awesome. Better than the HM upgrade.

jjharvpro

Was pleasantly surprised to hear this news today! It's not everyday we get something new at DHS! While the descriptions are vague, this really does sound promising. The Imagineer spokesperson Jason in the article said that it was a sensory experience and that they're really pushing for story and to envelop the Guests with interactivity. This seems to me more than just a crappy Narnia-esque walk through or M & G.

jt04

Everyone should put on their hard hats cause the pendulum I told you all about a couple years ago is zooming this way.

The DLR got its love and now it appears to be WDW's turn.

:sohappy:

Figments Friend

Yo Ho!!! or...Ho Hum!?!? Vague description so cant really tell yet. It could either be really detailed and well done for the space its in, or simply be wall to wall screens.

I would be willing to wager a Pod Racer on it being *wall to wall screens*....

;)

Love your Orange Bird avatar, by the way.

:wave:

That's odd...

Why is it odd? Disney had been preparing to do the attration by this summer but it probably got delayed. They put it in the pamphlet to announce it to the passholders but when it wasnt ready they pulled it from the official one but accidentaly put the draft one online.

invader

Why is it odd? Disney had been preparing to do the attration by this summer but it probably got delayed. They put it in the pamphlet to announce it to the passholders but when it wasnt ready they pulled it from the official one but accidentaly put the draft one online.

Or they threw it in there on purpose to get some discussion started...

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
My expectations are....Planning for the worst....Pleasantly suprised by anything else :lookaroun

I agree. It didn't even get a mention in the disneyparks blog. They probly don't want people to start hyping this up and expecting more than it will be. Remember how excited everyone was for the "BIG" New Years eve announcement? Speculation for that was all over the place, and look what it turned out to be. At least the space is getting put to use.

yeti

Everyone should put on their hard hats cause the pendulum I told you all about a couple years ago is zooming this way.

The DLR got its love and now it appears to be WDW's turn.

:sohappy:

:rolleyes:

This walk through...just the tip of the iceberg, folks!

If this is the kind of thing people get this excited about....no pendulum.

asianway

It takes them a year and a half to repurpose a gift shop and M&G tent nowadays.

This sort of scary innovation will take three years, minimum.

jt04

:rolleyes:

This walk through...just the tip of the iceberg, folks!

If this is the kind of thing people get this excited about....no pendulum.

If it is the beginning of the rolling out of bigger plans then it is worth getting excited about. Time will tell. I have begun to think the "potter swatter" has been happening right before our eyes but perhaps we are all too close to see it.

It takes them a year and a half to repurpose a gift shop and M&G tent nowadays.

This sort of scary innovation will take three years, minimum.

The Great Destini says, "Try Again". :lookaroun

Skipper Dan

Just the opposite I suspect. I think the classic PotC ride is about to be all about the Sparrow version of Pirates. They need this open to close PotC and refurb it. Just a hunch. And I think it could be awesome. Better than the HM upgrade.

Where are these 'hunches' coming from? This is the first I'm hearing of it... and I'm hearing it a lot. What's up? :veryconfu

Does this mean they will finally remove Jack Sparrow from the MK? :hurl:

As soon as they remove Indiana Jones from Disneyland. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom