DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

clemmo

Well I can at least say that indiana jones 5 will have some sort of connection with disney hollywood studios new future. Including incredibles 2. Just having Star Wars and Toy Story land do you really think that'll be enough to bring in a good number of people? I MO I think a 3rd land is necessary.
A third land is necessary but do you honestly think we'll get it? I mean DCA could've used more than just carsland and a patchwork update of paradise pier in their remodel but they never got the new hollywood land that was rumored. I worry that like what happened there, disney will see how will DHS attendance is doing with SWL and TSL and call it a day. It'll be an interesting D23 next year for sure

clemmo

There's a lot that's needed. If it'll happen is another story. Original DHS plans (12 months back) had 4 new areas.

Anything further Indy related depends on the success of the forthcoming film.
Any update on whether they're leaning on a whole new land for phase 3 or patchwork. I get that it probably changes every week. It'll be pretty sad if we go from 4 new areas to one really nice new land and one land that looks about as well themed dinoland.

rreading

We've already seen that in 2010 when Hosgmeade paid for itself in three months.

Avland instead is an opportunity to see a budget destroyed and the detremental knock on effect in other parks.

A budget that in the first place should have been more than enough.

I haven't been (kids still too young) but wasn't Hogsmeade essentially one e ticket and some recycled roller coasters with a pretty well themed iteration of a beloved subject?

Avatar as a movie was loved; I wouldn't call the subject matter beloved. But it seems that Disney is putting more into this project. One hopes that it feels substantial. But apart from improving guest satisfaction who visit AK, I would imagine that there aren't going to be crowds pouring in to see this (at least at first- if it's amazing, then word of mouth may change things).

And I understand that the project is expensive. Hopefully it will be quality as well. Because that makes a big impression.

FWIW, I would guess that the impact HP made was also accentuated by Universal's need for a home run.

Mike S

That's not really the problem. This has been AK's problem since it opened, long before everyone had smartphones.

The problem is, there aren't enough rides and experiences to make it a full-fledged theme park, but also the animal interaction is really very minimal at AK. Most regional zoos do it better, closer, and much more variety. Sure, the theming around the animals that AK does have is spectacular, but the types/quantity/quality of the animals exhibited is easily trumped by zoos that people live a few hours at most from. The general viewing of the animals is much better as well.

AK tries to be two things at once, and doesn't do either of them very well, which is why it ultimately failed to expand the audience to WDW as it was intended to do.
image.jpeg

I keep hearing that tower of terror is going to be torn down at dhs to be transformed into guardians of the galaxy. I got the news from Walt Disney news...I'm not sure how accurate their news source is related to all things disney. I need to make a quick trip to Disney if I keep hearing about this...and someone said a launched captain America coaster too? Again getting this all from Walt disney news today site. I want TOT to be part of the news disney hollywood studios when it's all ready I guess that'll be 2021-2022? Guess by that year we will know a new name.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I keep hearing that tower of terror is going to be torn down at dhs to be transformed into guardians of the galaxy. I got the news from Walt Disney news...I'm not sure how accurate their news source is related to all things disney. I need to make a quick trip to Disney if I keep hearing about this...and someone said a launched captain America coaster too? Again getting this all from Walt disney news today site. I want TOT to be part of the news disney hollywood studios when it's all ready I guess that'll be 2021-2022? Guess by that year we will know a new name.
??

Stay here for your news.

??

Stay here for your news.
OK ok I just got really nervous when I heard the news about tower of terror. I did hear the news about the other version at DL DCA. But TOT attraction is more iconic at dhs than at DCA no offense I haven't been on tower of terror attraction so I don't want it to go anywhere anytime soon at least in Orlando. I mean to be changed to GOTG. I'm hearing 50% that it'll be changed to GOTG at DHS hoping the percentage will go lower.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
OK ok I just got really nervous when I heard the news about tower of terror. I did hear the news about the other version at DL DCA. But TOT attraction is more iconic at dhs than at DCA no offense I haven't been on tower of terror attraction so I don't want it to go anywhere anytime soon at least in Orlando. I mean to be changed to GOTG. I'm hearing 50% that it'll be changed to GOTG at DHS hoping the percentage will go lower.
There's a thread for it, but there was a plan for the WDW version too. Hopefully it won't happen.
Launched coaster is for DCA. Maybe.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

The rumor was never that it would be torn down, only re-themed to GOTG.

SCOTLORR

Wasn't sure where to post this but its pretty general, so this thread seems best. What is the latest on phase 3? At this point in time, is a full fledged land expected, or are they leaning more towards overall improvements to the park? I have a bad feeling its the latter... :(

Pam Hates Penguins

Phicinfan

Wasn't sure where to post this but its pretty general, so this thread seems best. What is the latest on phase 3? At this point in time, is a full fledged land expected, or are they leaning more towards overall improvements to the park? I have a bad feeling its the latter... :(
Per most rumors, that will depend on costs for Shanghai, and TSL and SWL is my guess. One is already way over budget as is supposedly Avatarland, so if the other two go way over.....I doubt we see a whole new land.

I do think though, that some other additions will come post SWL and TSL, if nothing else a reconfigured Star tours and some additional little adds ....I hope.

Pam Hates Penguins

If what everybody says is correct, the SOA area, LMA area, Catastrophe Canyon area, Backlot Tour loading place/ Earful Tower area will be used for future expansions, it will all be about 32 acres in total.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom