DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Phicinfan

If what everybody says is correct, the SOA area, LMA area, Catastrophe Canyon area, Backlot Tour loading place/ Earful Tower area will be used for future expansions, it will all be about 32 acres in total.
SOA and LMA are being used for SWL, as is part of Cast. Canyon. So with TSL and SWL butting up against each other, I believe teh only expansion would be in Animation area or Echo Lake area.

Brian Swan

If that's the case than it's a huge problem. I've said from the outset that I'm nervous about the attractions here. With that said though I have a lot more confidence in Joe Rohde than I do Chris Beatty. New Fantasyland is the ultimate in style over substance. One of the attractions in New Fantasyland features an elaborate queue and then kids performing a World Showcase Players level show. Literally an E-ticket queue and an A-ticket attraction.

Getting a glimpse at the Na'vi animatronics gives me quite a bit of hope. However, I'm concerned that if those animatronics are on the boat ride that all of the facial movements won't be visible to guests. It's very rare that guests get that close to an animatronic to appreciate that level of detail so it could be where the money was "wasted".
This, I think, was one of the problems with the Yeti in EE. At the time, it was the most advance AA yet built. I remember watch the "making of" documentaries and I couldn't wait to see it in person. I have seen it in "A" mode a number of times, but the problem is that the train goes by it so quickly, most of the subtleties of the AA were lost. Was it startling, yes. Was it WAY cool, yes. But a much less sophisticated AA would have had the same effect. I always thought that a much better use of it would have been in the track-switching room where the train actually stopped and you could appreciate it just before going down the drop.The Na'vi River ride will be much slower, so I am hoping that we will be able to better appreciate the new advances in AA technology.

Mike S

Give AK a jungle book dark ride and a larger people eater and it would be all set. Maybe rip out C&H and put a proper dino ride there. I think AK just needs two rides to really flesh it out.
A Pirates like Jungle Book ride in Asia and a Dinoland revamp to include Ice Age Mammals and turning it into more of a "Lost World" type theme would work really well imo.

MagicHappens1971

Is Disney going to be treating the DHS makeover like DCA's makeover? Total rebranding, new name (sorta, they just dropped the apostrophe), new entrance and a new feel? It doesn't seem like they're planning it as DCA's makeover since they're taking their sweet time to get things started.

HMF

Is Disney going to be treating the DHS makeover like DCA's makeover? Total rebranding, new name (sorta, they just dropped the apostrophe), new entrance and a new feel? It doesn't seem like they're planning it as DCA's makeover since they're taking their sweet time to get things started.
Yes except the Entrance is the one part that is actually staying the same.

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
The problem is that people are still going to DHS.

Brian Swan

Not an insider, but I've been following along here for quite some time, and I have heard nothing about a re-do of the front of the park - at least any time in the near future. For now it's just the two new "lands" in the back with some "could-be/maybe" discussions of future "phases" that might include parts of Echo Lake and the area around Animation Courtyard.

deere839

Construction and Deconstruction photos from yesterday
One of the 2 towers in front of the great movie ride
rxuU2bM.jpg

Demo of theSan Frisco Facade
7qCtcgu.jpg

G00fyDad

I had to have missed something. What is that tower for? (Yes. I probably will feel like an idiot after it is explained to me. :) )

Goofyernmost

I had to have missed something. What is that tower for? (Yes. I probably will feel like an idiot after it is explained to me. :) )
No, right now I'm having a problem identifying it myself. I think the picture needs to be more wide spread to get the perspective of it. I'm at a loss. I'm trying to think of any tower that is in front of GMR.

G00fyDad

No, right now I'm having a problem identifying it myself. I think the picture needs to be more wide spread to get the perspective of it. I'm at a loss. I'm trying to think of any tower that is in front of GMR.

It doesn't look like it is directly in front of the GMR. More off to the side slightly toward Gertie.

I believe it's for the new Star Wars fireworks show.

To what end?

deere839

Its for The shows so they can coranade the shows/Projections they currently have tents for the day time show so they can get everything just right like sound and when they come out stuff like that

Goofyernmost

Its for The shows so they can coranade the shows/Projections they currently have tents for the day time show so they can get everything just right like sound and when they come out stuff like that
It's not so much about what it's for as much as it about the fact that I cannot picture exactly where it is in relation to everything else. How long has it been there?

G00fyDad

Its on both sides and a little closer to the middle

Awesome. :( I was hoping to finally get my own "perfect" shot of the theater from partially down the street on our next trip. Guess that is in the toilet now. "Hey look. Two huge concrete towers! What's that behind them? Oh, yeah, I think that's the Great Movie Ride." :banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom