DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Mike S

From Micechat...

"...the actual construction phase of Star Wars Land will begin, and that program has been code named “Atlantis” by WDI. (Greek scholars will appreciate the Imagineers coded references here.)

When the construction phase of Atlantis begins later in 2016, the biggest warehouse, or “show building” in Disneyspeak, will be found in the northwest corner of the new land and will eventually block the views of Mickey & Friends. That building will be the home to the Stormtrooper chase and escape ride, code named “Alcatraz” at WDI, that will feature autonomous trackless vehicles and nearly every other techno marvel WDI can throw at it.(emphasis added) The second largest building will be on the northern perimeter and will contain the Millennium Falcon flight attraction, which is code named “Big Bird”. These massive show buildings should begin to be framed in by early 2017, with a projected opening date that’s now pegged for Spring, 2019."

I like the bolded, italicized line. :) Also, does anyone know if the rumored DL spring 2019 opening is the expected date for WDW? Can we assume that they will aim to open them at the same time, or is that not part of the plan (as was the case with TSMM and Little Mermaid attractions at DCA and MK)
Bring on the Stormtroopers :)

Lee

Adventurer
From Micechat...

"...the actual construction phase of Star Wars Land will begin, and that program has been code named “Atlantis” by WDI. (Greek scholars will appreciate the Imagineers coded references here.)

When the construction phase of Atlantis begins later in 2016, the biggest warehouse, or “show building” in Disneyspeak, will be found in the northwest corner of the new land and will eventually block the views of Mickey & Friends. That building will be the home to the Stormtrooper chase and escape ride, code named “Alcatraz” at WDI, that will feature autonomous trackless vehicles and nearly every other techno marvel WDI can throw at it.(emphasis added) The second largest building will be on the northern perimeter and will contain the Millennium Falcon flight attraction, which is code named “Big Bird”. These massive show buildings should begin to be framed in by early 2017, with a projected opening date that’s now pegged for Spring, 2019."

I like the bolded, italicized line. :) Also, does anyone know if the rumored DL spring 2019 opening is the expected date for WDW? Can we assume that they will aim to open them at the same time, or is that not part of the plan (as was the case with TSMM and Little Mermaid attractions at DCA and MK)
Interesting...I believe the WDW versions have different project names.

RSoxNo1

Message for RSoxNo1....your website under the Disney Hollywood studios tumors does not list a newer Indiana jones attraction replacing the epic stunt spectacular if it leaves...does this mean Star Wars land will take over Indy; and this is the last we will see from Dr. Henry Jones? I see on the actual DHS permits when the park will start doing its major changes does mark an area in green that the Indy stunt spectacular will go, along with LMA...I didn't however see the muppets show in any color.,so is that safe? Lol just think of Indy's gone for good the only actual presence we will see if from TGMR.
There has been far from conclusive evidence that A. Indy is going away and B. That Indy Jones Adventure is coming to DHS. I suspect the former is true, but I doubt the latter is.

HauntedMansionFLA

From Micechat, re DL SW Land...

Hopefully we will start to see this type of information for the DHS project.l it sounds like what will be built at WDW. Two giant show building for the 2 new attractions. Pretty sure the show building will be as big as the one over at Avatar Land.

dgp602

From Micechat, re DL SW Land...

2019??? 3 years?? That is horrible...sorry, but it is.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

DisneyGentleman

Disney doesn't own Jim Henson Productions. Just The Muppets.
All it takes is one watch of the new series to realize the Muppets are a defunct property. Yes, many of us long for the good old days when the Muppets were at the top of their game. But the Muppets property is about as compelling as a Glen Campbell Comedy Hour Land.

twebber55

All it takes is one watch of the new series to realize the Muppets are a defunct property. Yes, many of us long for the good old days when the Muppets were at the top of their game. But the Muppets property is about as compelling as a Glen Campbell Comedy Hour Land.
im asking because i have no idea but how are the Muppets tv ratings?

boufa

Not looking too good. Check here.

They got 3 extra episodes added to the order for the spring, and they are fixing the production leadership team. Apparently there has been a lot of infighting about the tone and the direction of the show, and Disney leadership had to step in and straighten it out. I think it is cheap for them to produce, and they will get renewed for a second season. Disney has more than ratings riding on the success.

Much like they did on Agents of SHIELD, where the ratings, at the time, didn't justify a second season. In this case they did recover to be a successful show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom