DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Smiddimizer

I can understand the "single camera" parody appeal they're working at, but at this point it would be a more compelling show if they brought the backstage shenanigans to a minimum, and made the Late Night with Piggy the core of the show. That would be a perfect way of capturing the variety show quality of the original, spiced up for today's audience.

And make it accessible to youngins while still incorporating adult humor, that's the beauty of the muppets that I don't think we've seen since Jim Henson died. They've been too juvenile up until this point, and now it's the other way around. It's not that the new show is crude or anything, I just think kids watching it would be lost. The Muppets managed to enrapture millenials, I'm hopeful they can stay relevant for another generation.

dgp602

I would argue quality of the final product is far more important than arguing over whether an extra 7 months of construction for a major project is warranted.
Yup..no argument from me on that point. It just seems like such a long stretch of time. Nothing to do now but sit back and watch the progress I guess..!

JoeCamel

We will be getting two new lands at WDW by then. Exciting times!

And if they had planned for expansion and to service growth they would have things rolling out every year, not 5 year gaps between major openings. It is good for now and into the near future but has the mindset of stock buybacks over investment in infrastructure to service the paying/supporting customer really changed?

ToTBellHop

And if they had planned for expansion and to service growth they would have things rolling out every year, not 5 year gaps between major openings. It is good for now and into the near future but has the mindset of stock buybacks over investment in infrastructure to service the paying/supporting customer really changed?
I prefer to focus on where we are now and where we will be in five years than to focus on past mistakes. One can only complain about so much. Surely the spending coming is unprecedented and won't be replicated again.

Next Big Thing

Much like they did on Agents of SHIELD, where the ratings, at the time, didn't justify a second season. In this case they did recover to be a successful show.
Agent's of Shield's ratings have always justified renewal. When you look at Live + 7 ratings, it is one of the highest rated shows among the key 18-34 demo.

doctornick

Agent's of Shield's ratings have always justified renewal. When you look at Live + 7 ratings, it is one of the highest rated shows among the key 18-34 demo.

Yeah. It got massive ratings for its premiere and steeply drooped off over the first season which has lead many people to label it as a failure or something that has only gotten renewed in order to push the Marvel brand. But the ratings for AoS have been decent enough to warrant the show being renewed on its own merits. Not that it's a huge hit or anything but a lot of programs stick around with merely "decent" ratings.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
From Micechat, re DL SW Land...

"...the actual construction phase of Star Wars Land will begin, and that program has been code named “Atlantis” by WDI. (Greek scholars will appreciate the Imagineers coded references here.)

When the construction phase of Atlantis begins later in 2016, the biggest warehouse, or “show building” in Disneyspeak, will be found in the northwest corner of the new land and will eventually block the views of Mickey & Friends. That building will be the home to the Stormtrooper chase and escape ride, code named “Alcatraz” at WDI, that will feature autonomous trackless vehicles and nearly every other techno marvel WDI can throw at it.(emphasis added) The second largest building will be on the northern perimeter and will contain the Millennium Falcon flight attraction, which is code named “Big Bird”. These massive show buildings should begin to be framed in by early 2017, with a projected opening date that’s now pegged for Spring, 2019."

I like the bolded, italicized line. :) Also, does anyone know if the rumored DL spring 2019 opening is the expected date for WDW? Can we assume that they will aim to open them at the same time, or is that not part of the plan (as was the case with TSMM and Little Mermaid attractions at DCA and MK)
The code names for the WDW projects are PLYWOOD CARDSTOCK and TEMPRA

HauntedMansionFLA

The code names for the WDW projects are PLYWOOD CARDSTOCK and TEMPRA
Real estate will go quickly with two giant show buildings to house the new attractions.here is a picture over at the Avatar project with one show building and ten acres.
image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom