DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
And any parking garage, if they need one, would need to start soon. They'll need it up and running before they can extend SW into the parking lot (if that's the plan).

Exactly.

Plus 14 acres is bound to fit more than 2 attractions and a restaurant.

Not sure where that assumption is being made.... then again I suppose its what people hear rather than what is said.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Didn't the blog mention the 3rd track for TSMM would be opening late 2016? Any way if they break ground in September 2015 TSL would be done by late 2016? or at least part of it?

I doubt it. I think he new track will open with the existing entrance, and then it will be re-configured closer to when TSL opens.

ToTBellHop

I doubt it. I think he new track will open with the existing entrance, and then it will be re-configured closer to when TSL opens.
They can easily rig up a temp entrance into the new ride for Stand-by for now and then rework the queue line closer to completion of the new land. It's not exactly hard to redesign a queue if they plan ahead. How many different iterations of the Test Track queue did we see throughout the 2000s? I can think of at least 3.

The current TSMM queue already abuts the new track's building, so it shouldn't be a problem. It will require some sort of short-term closure, though. Those poor guest relations CMs...

Magenta Panther

BORING. My kids could care a less about these "attractions".

Who cares if they are not Disney related as long as the kids have fun and remember these experiences when they are older. And who says Disney has nothing to do with Star Wars?

Yes, heaven forbid your kids be taught about Walt Disney. What a boring life he led. :rolleyes: Accomplishment, innovation, imagination means nothing to you, and you're not about to bore your kids teaching them about those things. Gotcha. And oh wow, what a great picture. Dressing Disney characters up in Star Wars outfits. Frankly, I'm really not sure which character I feel sorrier for - Darth Vader or Goofy. :p

Sam Magic

Jedi Training Academy moving into Sounds Dangerous? If you go to 10:21 in this video you will see that there is some sort of show in Sounds Dangerous

Jedi training is where it's always been. Nothing has changed...they just cut parts of the park out of the map.

Sam Magic

IDK. I would think all that would take more than a year to finish. We'll have to see what @danlb_2000 finds in the permits.
If they can get Toy Story Land up and running by early 2017 or late 2016...I'll be very happy.

Not sure if anyone noticed this, but the entrance of TSL will be where One Mans Dream is located and you can access it from the parks new 'hub'. I'm thinking the same thing will happen for Star Wars.

Also...expanding into the parking lot would mean that land would be more than 14 acres...this is why I think what we found out tomorrow was either Disneyland specic, Disney doesn't know how to do math, or we 're not expanding into parking lots in this phase.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Jedi training is where it's always been. Nothing has changed...they just cut parts of the park out of the map.

This picture from the video shows a sign on the Sounds Dangerous building with what appears to be am image of Kylo Ren from Episode 7 with his light saber. Can't read to much into this, but it is interesting.

Capture.JPG

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
If they can get Toy Story Land up and running by early 2017 or late 2016...I'll be very happy.

Not sure if anyone noticed this, but the entrance of TSL will be where One Mans Dream is located and you can access it from the parks new 'hub'. I'm thinking the same thing will happen for Star Wars.

Also...expanding into the parking lot would mean that land would be more than 14 acres...this is why I think what we found out tomorrow was either Disneyland specic, Disney doesn't know how to do math, or we 're not expanding into parking lots in this phase.

Maybe. Maybe not. I just wonder if the Emperor spread out the construction of the Death Star over many Fiscal Years to appease the MBA guilds?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

14 acres extending into the parking lot....

capture-jpg.106043

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom