DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Skibum1970

How is this NOT an actual expansion? Last I checked I couldn't go behind Toy Story Mania. Sure it's using Backlot tour space but still, to me that's expansion and I have no problem with Mickey Avenue going away.

Only mystery is Star Wars and it's location. Expanded behind the current ride? Built next to it on either side? If built next to, then no, that's not a true expansion.

I'm hopeful Cars Land gets announced in 2017. They still need a Rat ride or Monsters coaster on top of that though. IMO.

They're giving this park what it needs (or hopefully will) and people still aren't happy. I'm not 100% yet until I see other details and we get a dark ride (or three) but it's a great start. What's the *real* issue here?

Completely agree. DHS was in fairly bad shape and these are good steps towards remediating that problem. Tow new rides in a dedicated Star Wars land with immersive theming (assuming Star Tours is left alone) and two new rides in Toy Story Playland. Yeah, a new Indy ride, Door Coaster, and five more e-tickets would have been great but that wasn't going to happen. I would hope that, if this brings the crowds that it should, Disney management will continue to add onto this park.

Cousin Huet

I like the plans that are announced but it feels incomplete with the information we have on DHS being renamed and branded. I feel like they most likely held some stuff back to tie into that news. I still see something else new going into where LMA is now as I think SWW will be more towards the front and Toy Story we know it doesn't go back that far.

I still see some reimagining of the area near DisJr and DCA like upgrades to the entrance as well. We will see how it plays out but I don't think they played their whole hand yet with this even if that means the other stuff is part of a phase roll out.

ToTBellHop

I am confident more will come. Star Wars has been worked on (in the announced form) for a year. Of course they have concept art. Toy Story Land is relatively simple, so they were able to put together a few drawings for this. It is my strong belief that they have a final land for the back of the park, likely another Pixar property, but we know we aren't getting Radiator Springs Racers, so it's a new E ticket that is still being developed. So we wait a bit longer.

CinematicFusion

The park will have lost 8 attractions. Maybe more.

And it's getting 4. 2 of those are for kiddies.

Add Rat and the Door Coaster and another SW D+ and they'd be getting there.

It doesn't quite add up yet.

What attractions are they losing? Is the muppet movie going down?
Would seem strange since they are giving the muppets a go on television.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
What attractions are they losing? Is the muppet movie going down?
Would seem strange since they are giving the muppets a go on television.
LMA backlot tour backstage pass mermaid OMD animation sounds dangerous backlot theatre shows

Factor in superstar theatre if you like for nine.

Assuming MV3D stays.

Sorry for the brief post I'm stood in a field.

Lynn Stephens

I am confident more will come. Star Wars has been worked on (in the announced form) for a year. Of course they have concept art. Toy Story Land is relatively simple, so they were able to put together a few drawings for this. It is my strong belief that they have a final land for the back of the park, likely another Pixar property, but we know we aren't getting Radiator Springs Racers, so it's a new E ticket that is still being developed. So we wait a bit longer.
Frozen Land has to go somewhere...abusing Maelstrom isn't the presence it should have. Knock out LMA and build Arendale just like TDS. New lands for all demographics = park capacity.

schuelma

LMA backlot tour backstage pass mermaid OMD animation sounds dangerous backlot theatre shows

Factor in superstar theatre if you like for nine.

Assuming MV3D stays.

Sorry for the brief post I'm stood in a field.

Yeah..unless the grand plan is to just not utilize a lot of space, I have to imagine there is at least 1 more expansion/"land" on the way as well as other improvements.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom