DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Rutt

Would they really open TSL and Pandora the same year?

Im thinking TSL would euther be rushed for 2016 or done really well for 2018

Sam Magic

Labeled Land Map, based on the confirmed announcement and land sizes and of course concept art/location rumors:

2621u7d.jpg

SirLink

Why not open two lands the same year? More reason for people to come and would help pull more people in to both parks so the resort as a whole is not too packed.

This is Disney though ... open one Year 20XX and open the second Year 20XX, allows them to spread CapEx of one project over another year, plus allows marketing to create two separate campaigns so people come back for two years back to back rather than come once and done.

Sam Magic

This is Disney though ... open one Year 20XX and open the second Year 20XX, allows them to spread CapEx of one project over another year, plus allows marketing to create two separate campaigns so people come back for two years back to back rather than come once and done.
So then TSL in early 2018? Pandora mid 2017?

TeriofTerror

So.....Why no Name Change Announcement????
Because they haven't come up with a decent one, yet? ;)
And Frozen, an original Disney adaptation that was a world-wide phenomenon, gets shoehorned into a tiny ride at Epcot. And Toy Story gets a piddly mini-land for the Romper Room crowd.
I don't know that it's fair to refer to 11 acres as a "mini-land". And I kind of like the idea of keeping the Romper Room crowd focused on that part of the park and out of Star Wars Land, in a very "Stay off my lawn!" kind of way. :)

SirLink

So then TSL in early 2018? Pandora mid 2017?

I'm expecting at that the fact they will have closed 8 attractions and replaced only 4 when all is said and done. That TSL is completed in 2019 and Star Wars completed 2021. With infrastructure projects starting in 2016 and completed by 2017.

Sam Magic

I'm expecting at that the fact they will have closed 8 attractions and replaced only 4 when all is said and done. That TSL is completed in 2019 and Star Wars completed 2021. With infrastructure projects starting in 2016 and completed by 2017.
But Toy Story is not going to take that long...and they are not going to want that park to be so empty for that long.

SirLink

But Toy Story is not going to take that long...and they are not going to want that park to be so empty for that long.

Hahahaha why do think they announced yet another yearly special event for DHS its going to be empty and void of stuff to do ... they'll want to get infrastructure out of the way first, they have to build a new costuming centre on property and new prop shop, parking garage and get those kinks worked out first, then demo, then build ...

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
As we have no clue where SW or Pixar are going to expand to atm no idea if that whole area is staying or going.

SirLink

Any word on if and/ or when they'll shutter Muppet-Vision? I want to prepare myself for the inevitable celebratory rant from a certain someone....

It wouldn't surprise me if the muppet show does well on its revival that Disney won't shoehorn yet another seasonal event into DHS...

danv3

2000's Disney- Oh, no. We'll never get DHS fixed now.

1970's Disney Exec- So certain are you. Always with you it cannot be done. Hear you nothing that I say?

2000's Disney- Master, expanding Fantasyland is one thing. This is totally different.

1970's Disney- No! No different! Only different in your mind. You must unlearn what you have learned.

2000's Disney- All right, I'll give it a try.

1970's Disney- No! Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

2000's Disney- I can't. It's too expensive!

1970's Disney- Budget size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my wealth, do you? Hm? Mmmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Fanbase. And a powerful ally it is. Expansion creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we... not this crude stock price. You must feel the Fanbase around you. Here, between you... me... the tree... the rockwork... everywhere! Yes, even between this budget and that concept art!

2000's Disney- You want the impossible.

1970's Disney- *sighs, raises hand, builds EPCOT Center in 3 years*

2000's Disney- I don't... I don't believe it.

1970's Disney- That is why you fail.

Sorry, couldn't resist (actually am excited for the Star Wars stuff).

Kudos! :D

Matt_Black

It wouldn't surprise me if the muppet show does well on its revival that Disney won't shoehorn yet another seasonal event into DHS...

Speaking of, does anyone know what the reception has been to the Disney Jr. bits? I caught two, one with Bobo and one with Pepe, and they were both very amusing.

Kman101

How is this NOT an actual expansion? Last I checked I couldn't go behind Toy Story Mania. Sure it's using Backlot tour space but still, to me that's expansion and I have no problem with Mickey Avenue going away.

Only mystery is Star Wars and it's location. Expanded behind the current ride? Built next to it on either side? If built next to, then no, that's not a true expansion.

I'm hopeful Cars Land gets announced in 2017. They still need a Rat ride or Monsters coaster on top of that though. IMO.

They're giving this park what it needs (or hopefully will) and people still aren't happy. I'm not 100% yet until I see other details and we get a dark ride (or three) but it's a great start. What's the *real* issue here?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom