DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

JordanNite

Let's face it guys ... quit the trolling. There are no insiders. There is nothing new coming DHS.

There is almost a sad naivity and child like innocence on some posters to want to believe something big is coming. Not facing the reality of the situation, unable to grasp that the parks Walt once built are being ruined and left to rot.

You can go all the way back to 2012 when there were rumours Star Wars land was coming to Disney, and nothing. More recently these rumours have been fuelled by the diabolical state DHS has been left in. We've had rumours of an imminement announcement for over a year now, and then all the rumours and 'in the knows' were adamanant Disney were going to spring something big at D23 . Now those same people are saying perhaps around December.

It seems impossible to actually think that YES Disney are cutting back over in Orlando - they are taking attractions away, cutting costs - asset stripping. For alot of people (myself included) that is hard to fathem. We've had attractions that have been closed for over a year now and no building works in their place. Ask yourself why were those attractions just not left open if no construction was imminent? Ask yourself why Captain EO is being bought back to fill the park up? It's all do with corporate profit.

Ask yourself when they have the biggest product in probably it's history with Frozen - they chose to do a cheap relay of an atrocious Malestrom attraction. That spells the whole ambition of the current CEO. An attraction that will get money, but ultimately will leave a sour taste is most of us knowing they should have done a whole lot more.

We will get Avatar Land, although how big and immersive it finally becomes remains to be seen - but you sure as hell know with this CEO cut backs will come somewhere down the line. And that's it.

All those dreaming of Star Wars Land, Pixar Land - yes they may eventually come, but not within the next decade - and definately not with this CEO BOB IGER. The man is not interested in theme parks - he is interested in corporate profit.

All those who want to continue to dream go head, all those who want to keep being Disney rewarded mums keep it going - but at the end of the day the proof is in the pudding - and i see no construction anywhere.

Last edited:

StageFrenzy

None whatsoever.

What is out there on various websites is either speculation or the old plans that were shot down by the board.

I don't expect details until after the movie comes out.

This design process seems way more secretive than in past projects and I'm fine with that. Just one extra Christmas present.
I think we will get details before the movie is released, but it really depends on how many people get involved and how happy they are. You might want to show ignored posts in this thread for a giggle.

bakntime

There is nothing new coming DHS.
at the end of the day the proof is in the pudding - and i see no construction anywhere.

So, in summary, your entire argument is this: "Despite the fact that multiple reputable sources have confirmed that the board of directors have approved billions of dollars for DHS, I don't see construction yet, therefore it didn't happen, and it's not going to."

We've had attractions that have been closed for over a year now and no building works in their place.

Attractions? As in ... more than one? "For over a year"? That's funny, because I'm trying to think and I can't come up with a single significant attraction (let alone more than one) at all of WDW that's been closed for "a year" without a replacement. Just can't think of it. The closest thing I have is the Backlot Tour, which closed at the end of September 2014, which, for the mathematically challenged, is 10 months ago. Would you care to list the significant attractions that have been closed for a year?

Meanwhile, the Fantasyland expansion finished just over a year ago, Avatar and Rivers of Light are deep within construction (projects which will extend park hours at AK into the evening/nighttime), Frozen at Epcot (regardless of the "fan community" reaction to the project) is under construction, Toy Story is getting a 3rd track, and Soarin is getting a 3rd theater (along with new projection technology). There's more being added/constructed right now than there is getting shut down (of which there are two things at DHS: Animation and Backlot Tour).

I grant that an argument can be made that WDW has lacked any significant/innovative e-tickets in recent history (for example: Soarin, Expedition Everest, Toy Story Mania, New Fantasyland, etc failed to produce a blockbuster type e-ticket ... fair enough). But that argument is not "proof" that WDW isn't going ahead with the upcoming billion dollar expansion at DHS, along with a separate project for MK (Frontierland/whatever).

"I don't care that the forecast says sunny for tomorrow. It's been cloudy every day for over a week, I don't see the sun yet, therefore I have concluded tomorrow will be cloudy."

WDW95

Does anyone else think Streets of America should stay? Regardless of the space constraints, looking at the street on its own, it is a nice place and has great theming. If they add shops and attractions, it could be a pretty cool place and not cheap like other parts of the studios. Or is it better to get rid of the old and start fresh?

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Does anyone else think Streets of America should stay? Regardless of the space constraints, looking at the street on its own, it is a nice place and has great theming. If they add shops and attractions, it could be a pretty cool place and not cheap like other parts of the studios. Or is it better to get rid of the old and start fresh?

Well, I haven't heard any real credible details on whats going to happen. Everyone currently working on the projects seem to be under an NDA and everyone else seems to be keeping their mouth shut.

So we dont know. And it could go either way. Wish i could give you something definitive.

MoxHair

Dump it and send it to the landfill. It's a complete dead area that would be better used as something else. Even adding shops to it wouldn't really make the land viable, and if you're going to add an attraction it would make more sense to retheme and repurpose the land to something that matches the new direction of the park.

WDW95

I really wonder how they'll market this park.

Could it be like Epcot with 2 halves? Front half old hollywood, back half the "worlds" of your favorite hollywood stories brought to life? I feel liked they'd need at least 4 or 5 locations to make it seem logical. So far Star Wars and Toy Story seem a go. What could the other 3 be without being too much pixar?

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
I really wonder how they'll market this park.

Could it be like Epcot with 2 halves? Front half old hollywood, back half the "worlds" of your favorite hollywood stories brought to life? I feel liked they'd need at least 4 or 5 locations to make it seem logical. So far Star Wars and Toy Story seem a go. What could the other 3 be without being too much pixar?

We just dont know. As our resident pillowpants (boy band troll) is fond of pointing out, there's been no formal announcement. There;s been a few things that are a maybe, like a GOTG attraction. And that won't be decided until the next film comes out in 2017. We've heard rumors of a muppets area without anything to back it up.

I know what I personally want, but i realize what is good for the company and the park as a whole may not coincide with my wishes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom