DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

stretchsje

That $1.5-1.7 billion discrepancy in rumored DHS budgets we discussed earlier... that wouldn't be in part because the $3.5 billion includes a chunk for Anaheim, would it? They promised the city on Anaheim $1.5 billion, remember.

doctornick

That $1.5-1.7 billion discrepancy in rumored DHS budgets we discussed earlier... that wouldn't be in part because the $3.5 billion includes a chunk for Anaheim, would it? They promised the city on Anaheim $1.5 billion, remember.

Insiders have indicated they are seperate budgets and the $3.5B was specifically for WDW.

(And just for the record, the breakdown again is: $350M MK, $350M Epcot, $2.8B DHS with a chunk of that going towards infrastructure.)

Steel City Magic

Eh. I actually hope if that's true, that it doesn't come to Florida. I would want to see something new and original come to DHA, not another clone. Why even come to Star Wars Land at DHA in the first place if the headliner attraction is the exact same thing you'd get in Anaheim?
imagine if you will for a minute, if each park had an omnimover or dark ride, exactly the same-ish... but each ride at each park was a different planet from star wars... dca got hoth, dhs got tatooine, tokyo got naboo etc... same ride in theory, cloned but different scenes in different parks... I'd love it!
PS they'd make a killing if the entire land was interactive w/ lightsabers ala hp land w/ the wands... sorry, just some off the top of my head thoughts... visions of sugar plums and whatnot

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

Original Poster

Hell no. 74 said that was totally separate.

And see what I mean about mixing Disneyland and WDW? People get confused.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Just curious if in all of these rumors for DHS...any talk of bringing a parade permanently back to the park? That park seriously needs it and would really benefit from having one year round again not just the SWW motorcade or the Frozen processional thing...

I havent asked. One would hope.....

planodisney

I'm sorry guys but do you really think they are going to spend almost 3 billion on 1 existing park?
In 2001 the OLC spent 2.6 billion on TDS. I realize that was over 10 years ago, but you could argue that Disney could build the greatest Disney park in America for around 3 billion.
Pandora, which looks to be one of the most detailed and highly themed lands in the history of theme parks is reported to be costing somewhere between 400-500 million dollars. Carsland, maybe the most expensive land in the history of themeparks cost 600 million.
So if Disney built a new park, they could build 3 lands equal to Carsland and 2 areas equal to Pandora for the budget being thrown around just for DHS.
Sorry guys, but that just isn't realistic, even if that includes infrastructure.

Herbie

From what I've seen on Instagram, there's a poster - like cover over the window looking into Walt ' s office in One Mans Dream, and apparently they're moving it to the Disney Family Museum..?

ToTBellHop

I'm sorry guys but do you really think they are going to spend almost 3 billion on 1 existing park?
In 2001 the OLC spent 2.6 billion on TDS. I realize that was over 10 years ago, but you could argue that Disney could build the greatest Disney park in America for around 3 billion.
Pandora, which looks to be one of the most detailed and highly themed lands in the history of theme parks is reported to be costing somewhere between 400-500 million dollars. Carsland, maybe the most expensive land in the history of themeparks cost 600 million.
So if Disney built a new park, they could build 3 lands equal to Carsland and 2 areas equal to Pandora for the budget being thrown around just for DHS.
Sorry guys, but that just isn't realistic, even if that includes infrastructure.
And yet that is the approved budget.

You know, there is so much obsession here on that $2.8 bn number around here. A number nine of us can fathom or really understand the value of. We done know precisely what Disney has approved for the park. It's not as though they threw a dart at a dart board and arrived at that number. Do you honestly think the BoD would approve such a number without understanding why it's so high.

FWIW, if DL, which just got a massive update, can get $1.5 bn over the next five years, it's not unreasonable for the much larger WDW to get $3.5 bn, especially when major infrastructure upgrades are involved.

Kamikaze

Half of it goes to infrastructure
- moving entrance/exit road
- possibly parking garage
- having to move the canal

So now you're at $1.4bn.
Now lets say its a 5 year project. That breaks it down to under $300m a year. If they stretch it further then it spreads even more. Really not unrealistic. Remember: NGE cost $1bn itself.

Lynn Stephens

If they can do an animatronic Sunny Eclipse at a quick service stop then imagine how AWESOME a Mos Eisley dining experience would be with an animatronic Figran D'an and crew playing...(just not the same song on infinite loop.) This is something I would really enjoy in a Star Wars expansion done right!

doctornick

Just curious if in all of these rumors for DHS...any talk of bringing a parade permanently back to the park? That park seriously needs it and would really benefit from having one year round again not just the SWW motorcade or the Frozen processional thing...

I would like to see a parade brought back. I think it makes sense to have both some daytime and evening large scale entertainment for each park.

stretchsje

I also think a parade is a good idea. An import of the Pixar parade from California Adventure? I'd love to see a Star Wars themed parade, but I won't hold my breath.

Ausdaddy

In this article, it appears that Paris is getting a new villain next year for their Jedi Training Academy (Kylo, I'm sure). I would assume that would happen at DHS as well as part of this. Possibly get their Episode VII set and new effects as discussed in the Hollywood Adventure thread. This article has been out there for a week, so apologies if discussed. I did search.

"I think we will have a new version next year, maybe with a new villain. So it will keep evolving, depending on what happens in the new movies." -Christophe Leclerq, Show Director

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
I have no insider info so this is pure speculation of what I think we see at D23. We will get a DHS "announcement" I belive it will be very vague, but they have to announce something. Why? Because if what insiders are saying is true they are going to be dismantling entire sections of the park and closing half of the existing attractions. They will want to get ahead of the bad pr this will generate and show that it is part of a bigger plan. I belive they will STRONGLY hiNT of star wars to the point it is basically confirmed but no out right confirmation, maby an even more vague hint in concept art. Toy story/carsland/pixarland will probably be confirmed but no details. DL will be the big star wars announcement with marvel being sprinkled in as well. I don't think we will see big ride announcements again major hints no substance, but we will finally be told that is what they are doing innovation out west, star wars and marvel interactive meet and greet areas... so in short alot of lip no substance enough for them to cover their bases and feed the frenzy of fans and media. Hope I'm wrong but all the stuff I read keeps sounding like this so that's my $.02

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom