DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Lynn Stephens

I am nervous that it wont be up to expectations that we all have as Disney fans. I am fearful that we get get more spinners and shopping than good D and E ticket rides.
We are all hoping that this is the time that WDI will blow us away with what we all want. Thankfully Uni put on a lot of pressure and raised consumer expectations with Potter. This will/should/must be that reaction from Disney to show why they are Disney.

stretchsje

Latest rumors from Jim Hill (I think the episode was misnamed, so this link may not continue to work): https://disneydish.bandcamp.com/track/disney-springs-rumors-and-shanghai-disney-update
  • At the end of Hollywood Blvd, there will be grand entrances for Star Wars to the left, Pixar to the right to each deeply themed area... thus forcing a rethink of animation courtyard and the current Pixar Place (which is too narrow).
  • Disney Jr. entrance will probably be switched to Sunset Blvd, thus keeping it out of the Pixar area.
  • Radiator Springs definitely coming as the major draw at the rear of the Pixar area where the Backlot tour is now. (Jim Hill has said on previous podcasts that it will be a different, indoor version due to Florida's rain.)
  • DHS redo is $1.2-$1.4 billion "depending who you talk to." (My thought: this might be excluding infrastructure, hence why insiders here have so heavily stressed the $2.8 billion rumor includes infrastructure. Could there really be nearly $1.5 billion in infrastructure though?!)
  • Construction done in five phases in about as many years, but we're already in phase one.
  • Disney will try to keep staff levels the same until "full build-out"
  • Indy ride from Disneyland NOT coming, but don't discount something new from Indiana Jones since Disney acquired the rights.
  • The infrastructure improvements are so vast that they're having to redo the drainage plan for the park. (Example: permit for south of S Studio Dr.)
Great episode to listen to, as usual.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom