DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
They haven't even started construction yet.

This will be a 1000 page thread.

No, but they've been putting pieces into play so that they're ready.

Alas, you're right. This entire thing could go to hell tomorrow due to "unforseen global events."

I'll feel better when dirt moves but I'm pretty optimistic that things will happen sooner rather than later,.

Bairstow

No, but they've been putting pieces into play so that they're ready.

Alas, you're right. This entire thing could go to hell tomorrow due to "unforseen global events."

I'll feel better when dirt moves but I'm pretty optimistic that things will happen sooner rather than later,.

Are you more confident or less confident after this week's shareholder report?

matt9112

I loved the Grand Californian when we stayed there - I think it is head and shoulders above most of the WDW lodges. Ironically while it seems the cash price is pretty high, the point requirement is pretty reasonable compared to WDW DVCs. We stayed in a beautifully appointed 2 BR unit for 52 points; the cash price for a basic hotel room there was approx $1,000 for the same night!

Yup stupid people rent hotel rooms too.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I agree. Only problem is in a few years this tech will be commonplace in all probability and new visitors will be puzzled as to why Disney made it into a boat ride.

The future is here. We need a reimagined Future World.
Good point. I really enjoy the ride too however I can see them updating the films and some of the narration but overall very relaxing informative ride that I hope stays.

Lynn Stephens

I think 'Chinese Recession' I believe Disney is on the hook to support the park financially just like DLP.

Based upon the initial woes of DLP, I understand why you think that. Here are some numbers (from Wikipedia) that might dissuade you.

For a base I am using the ticket prices for HKDL - $499 HKD adult ($65 USD), $355 HKD child ($45 USD)
Shanghai Population – 24,256,800 million (2014)
Shanghai Disneyland Resort Cost - $4.4 billion
Estimated Year One Visitors - 20 million
Estimated Gate from Visitors - $1.16 billion
(I am not even going to estimate souvenirs, food, hotels...just call it wash with operations cost)

Even with the Chinese Recession, China has a culture and passion for theme parks. Due to anticipation and culture I think SDR will break attendance numbers for a first year park and within 5 years be the most attended park in the world. Within 5 years SDR will be profitable. Remember, China has the worlds fastest growing middle class and is a nation of over 1 billion people.

Kamikaze

Am I the only one who is kind of nervous about Star Wars Land?

Nervous about them cheaping out on it and not doing it correctly? Absolutely.
Nervous about it being popular? Not at all. Even if its crappy, I see huge crowds flocking to it.

Still kind of shocking to me they even proposed that.

Nothing TDO does shocks me.
Well, thats not 100% true. If they suddenly started spending giant piles of money, I would be shocked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom