DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

DinoInstitute

Carsland never had "similar offerings" to what TSL is going to have. Carsland was great expansion based on a lackluster IP. TSL is a lackluster expansion based on a great IP.
Well, to be fair, it does have a similar offering in the alien ride which is literally the same ride system :p

(Not to take away from your overall point though which is true. TS just doesn't lend itself well to a land)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Well, to be fair, it does have a similar offering in the alien ride which is literally the same ride system :p

(Not to take away from your overall point though which is true. TS just doesn't lend itself well to a land)

Yes, but that is just one attraction. If TSL was offering something of the scale of RSR I think people would be thinking different about it.

jt04

Nothing at all intriguing about it, we have know that a storm water retention pond is going there for months now.

If it is only a retention pond than it is intriguing it got finished just before Hurricane Matthew. I personally think it is more. But that is just my opinion. After all the Bellagio Fountains are a retention pond too. :cat:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If it is only a retention pond than it is intriguing it got finished just before Hurricane Matthew. I personally think it is more. But that is just my opinion. After all the Bellagio Fountains are a retention pond too. :cat:

The pond is no where near finished, and opinions don't enter into this. We have seen the permit documentation, we know what is going there.

DinoInstitute

Yes, but that is just one attraction. If TSL was offering something of the scale of RSR I think people would be thinking different about it.
I know it's just one, but it very well could have been a lot better/more similar of a land before Slinky got cut. People were a lot higher on the land with the grand Slinky, once it got cut was when it became a lot more disappointing.

But with it getting cut, the land revealed its true problem. Even with a RSR caliber attraction, it still wouldn't be the same quality of a land as CL just simply because the two environments can't even compare.

(Also, side note, this kind of made me think of a neat attraction idea, like a version of RSR in TSL but with RC racer. Also with original Slinky theming. That would be cool :D)

Goofyernmost

That is what people said about similar offerings at Carsland until they saw the final result.
Sorry, not sure what part of what I said you are trying to belittle. Care to be more specific? The only thing I can guess is the part where I stated that eventually, like everything else, the genre will die off or at least become way less popular over time. Do you know why there is a Frontierland in Disney? Because when Disneyland was being planned and built, westerns were the thing that everyone was watching. Almost every TV program was a western or in one way of the other related to the wild west. Do you think for a second if it were all starting today do you imagine a Frontierland being a part of the parks. Other then that, I'm at a lost to understand what you are trying to say with your post.

Mike S

How the hell does that site have such a following? They've proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they're either stupid or liars.
History is full of people that are both stupid and liars that somehow gain a following.

Sad but true.
Not sure what part you didn't understand.
You have to forgive him, he doesn't speak intelligent conversation.

AEfx

Hey, hey.... the rule is no talking about politics on this board. (rim-shot)

I know you were joking, but in all seriousness, the reason I think they line is a bit blurred at this specific moment, at least when it comes to American politics, is that the same comments can be interpreted to apply about both "sides" at the same time. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom