DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Mike S

True. Regardless, I am a fan of USF Potter offerings and I cannot wait to see Diagon. That said, I am even more intrigued to see Pandora and eventually Star Wars and other non Toy Story IP slated for DHS.
this is exactly how i feel. i will see DA for the first time in three weeks but i must admit im more excited about Pandora and Star Wars
You'll both love it. Be sure to set aside time just to explore it. Almost an E Ticket in itself.

Goofyernmost

I would be happy with 2 Everest (fully functional). We could have dueling Yeti's?
Gosh, how I wish everyone could just lose the obsession with that damn Yeti. It was a really good idea, but, a flaw in engineering stopped it's fame. The intention was there and obviously since EE is still one of the most popular rides at WDW the Yeti was just an extra. Would have been nice if it worked but it didn't... let's move on. They may or may not make an attempt to fix it, but, I sincerely doubt it since it turned out to not be all that important to the ride.

AEfx

Still, with potential projects coming to all 4 parks, I think you may like the potential pace.

No, that's precisely what we are talking about.

Avatar has been in gestation for years and is still at least year or two away. The carnie rides at TSL are a couple years away. And Star Wars? To put it in perspective, we'll be in the middle of next US Presidential campaign before we ever walk into Star Wars Land on this coast.

It's sad that what is effectively a ride overlay with Frozen is going to be the one "new" ride of note at WDW in a five year period.

But if you are the type that can't wait to spend a day in Disney Springs just walking around and enjoying the "story" - I can understand why you might not think the pace as egregious as it is.

WildcatDen

Gosh, how I wish everyone could just lose the obsession with that damn Yeti. It was a really good idea, but, a flaw in engineering stopped it's fame. The intention was there and obviously since EE is still one of the most popular rides at WDW the Yeti was just an extra. Would have been nice if it worked but it didn't... let's move on. They may or may not make an attempt to fix it, but, I sincerely doubt it since it turned out to not be all that important to the ride.
I like the ride I Regardless, I was just commenting on our mansion friends quotes. I do have reason to believe a Yet I repair may be done prior to the WDW 50th.

WildcatDen

But if you are the type that can't wait to spend a day in Disney Springs just walking around and enjoying the "story" - I can understand why you might not think the pace as egregious as it is.
So the "type of person" who enjoys theme is some kind of lesser person in your world? How much it must suck to be right all the time, eh? I do look forward to visiting DS next trip to eat at some restaurants a bit more exclusive to the area. I believe someone already debunked the build time exaggeration. Still, those are not the projects of which I speak. Think beyond SWL.

TalkingHead

With an attitude like that you could work for WDI.

On the other hand, in a park with three rides, EE is bound to be popular.

J. D.

Did you ever see the yeti when it was functional?

Goofyernmost

Did you ever see the yeti when it was functional?
The thing is that it doesn't matter if I did or not. Unless someone has seen one of those Modern Marvel TV shows have no idea what the thing is supposed to do. Even when it did work you went by it so fast that it really didn't register. Yes, I saw it, or I should say, almost saw it, when it was working. I'm not defending Disney, but, lets deal with realities here. It didn't work, for whatever reason, pointing fingers is not going to change that. We are not engineers and have no idea exactly what went wrong, but, it did. Crying over spilled milk will not make it work. It was a huge mistake and it just plain doesn't work. I can get upset with Disney, but, that isn't going to change anything. It's broke, they aren't fixing it... let's get over it. There are bigger fish to fry. In the meantime, it's still a fun ride and the strobe light has fooled many people into believing that it actually is moving anyway.

Just as a note... it does no one any good to defend or not, it is a private company they can do whatever they want. My being upset does nothing to help the cause and my not being concerned does nothing to make them not fix it. Their decision.

Ripken10

The thing is that it doesn't matter if I did or not. Unless someone has seen one of those Modern Marvel TV shows have no idea what the thing is supposed to do. Even when it did work you went by it so fast that it really didn't register. Yes, I saw it, or I should say, almost saw it, when it was working. I'm not defending Disney, but, lets deal with realities here. It didn't work, for whatever reason, pointing fingers is not going to change that. We are not engineers and have no idea exactly what went wrong, but, it did. Crying over spilled milk will not make it work. It was a huge mistake and it just plain doesn't work. I can get upset with Disney, but, that isn't going to change anything. It's broke, they aren't fixing it... let's get over it. There are bigger fish to fry. In the meantime, it's still a fun ride and the strobe light has fooled many people into believing that it actually is moving anyway.

Just as a note... it does no one any good to defend or not, it is a private company they can do whatever they want. My being upset does nothing to help the cause and my not being concerned does nothing to make them not fix it. Their decision.
Most of the Disney Park visitors really could care less about the Yeti. it is just all the obsessed people on here that do. I don't see Disney fixing it, no reason to. Every person I ask that visits Disney doesn't even know their is something wrong with the Yeti. It is what it is, move on. Unfortunately, they won't move on, cause they LOVE having things to complain about more than they love Disney.

G00fyDad

Most of the Disney Park visitors really could care less about the Yeti. it is just all the obsessed people on here that do. I don't see Disney fixing it, no reason to. Every person I ask that visits Disney doesn't even know their is something wrong with the Yeti. It is what it is, move on. Unfortunately, they won't move on, cause they LOVE having things to complain about more than they love Disney.

Thank you for setting people straight. How dare they talk about issues in a Disney park on a Disney forum? I mean really. They have some nerve. After all, these aren't issues you care about.
meh.ro8909.jpg

twebber55

i would say 99% dont even know what its supposed to do
me personally i could care less
i dont feel any less fullfilled

G00fyDad

I think that a lot more people know what it is supposed to do than that. However, I also think that the vast majority are "fine" with it in its current state. Most of us here and many other Disney fans are not okay with the Yeti broken, but as long as the masses are not bothered by a busted Yeti then Disney has very little incentive to fix it. It is a very, very low priority for them. (Although I do think many Imagineers cringe when that Discovery channel Animal Kingdom show comes on.)

Goofyernmost

I think that a lot more people know what it is supposed to do than that. However, I also think that the vast majority are "fine" with it in its current state. Most of us here and many other Disney fans are not okay with the Yeti broken, but as long as the masses are not bothered by a busted Yeti then Disney has very little incentive to fix it. It is a very, very low priority for them. (Although I do think many Imagineers cringe when that Discovery channel Animal Kingdom show comes on.)
I agree with the last statement. Every time that show comes on Joe Rohde tugs his earlobe down another half inch. Before long it's going to rest on the top of his shoe.:jawdrop:
Just a personal observation here. I am not against body jewelry to any large degree, but, I have an awful hard time taking him seriously with that fish stringer hanging from his ear.:in pain: All I can think of is "Oh, shiny"! And he's only about 50 years late for Woodstock. ;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That's the mentality of the management. No wonder they get away with it.

Read the quote in my signature and who said it.

nor'easter

This is the saddest post I've seen here in years. Newish user, but unfortunately reflective of the mommy-blogger, Disney-can-do-no-wrong mentality that has made Disney lazy. Perhaps the poster "lives" at Celebration Place...that would at least be a bit less troubling.

doctornick

I've never experienced a working Yeti, but Everest is nonetheless one of my favorite Disney rides ever. I'm sure it would be better with a working Yeti, but i'm not worked up about it. In my ideal world, yes, I'd like Disney to fix it, but it's way down on the list of things I'm concerned about.

That said, I don't have a problem with folks who complain about the situation and it's certainly ridiculous that Disney hasn't fixed it after all these years. I just think that it is an over the top amount of hand wringing at times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom