DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

baymenxpac

good heavens, if you're going to have silly opinions, at least use proper grammar.

"i could care less" means that that you care, and could in fact care less than you do

"i couldn't care less" means there is no way for you to care less, thus making you indifferent.

i will never get over people willing to drop thousands of dollars year after year after year on an inferior product. you guys get that any money disney saves, they don't give to you, right? like, if it took even a million dollars to fix the main effect on an attraction, if they don't do it, you don't get a cut.

there is just no way people who think like this ever went to disney before the mid-2000s. if you remember a time when disney was willing to put forth a product that wowed every single member of a family (not just six year olds meeting cartoon characters for the first time), there's a reason stuff like this drives you mad.

twebber55

good heavens, if you're going to have silly opinions, at least use proper grammar.

"i could care less" means that that you care, and could in fact care less than you do

"i couldn't care less" means there is no way for you to care less, thus making you indifferent.

i will never get over people willing to drop thousands of dollars year after year after year on an inferior product. you guys get that any money disney saves, they don't give to you, right? like, if it took even a million dollars to fix the main effect on an attraction, if they don't do it, you don't get a cut.

there is just no way people who think like this ever went to disney before the mid-2000s. if you remember a time when disney was willing to put forth a product that wowed every single member of a family (not just six year olds meeting cartoon characters for the first time), there's a reason stuff like this drives you mad.
i guess my teachers didnt learn me good!
i for one am somewhat incredulous to some of the things complained about on this board simply because people are incorrigible about the yeti
is that better

EDIT: i agree people should speak with their wallet which is why i dont get people who B**** and moan constantly but still go three times a year
for me and my family we re going to Universal this year

baymenxpac

i guess my teachers didnt learn me good!
i for one am somewhat incredulous to some of the things complained about on this board simply because people are incorrigible about the yeti
is that better

EDIT: i agree people should speak with their wallet which is why i dont get people who B**** and moan constantly but still go three times a year
for me and my family we re going to Universal this year

i learns the english! lol it's one of my many pet peeves (don't even get me started on the use of EST during daylight saving time).

but yeah, i definitely know where you're coming from. but to some, the yeti has become a symbol of the larger issue. personally, i'm more livid about the decay of epcot, the add-on events, and the nickle-and-diming techniques with air conditioning and lack of proper maintenance (to name a few) than i am about the condition of the yeti. but the yeti is such a lightning rod because it's just so indicative of the prevailing attitude at the resort: we don't have to fix it, because you'll never know any better. guess what, disney? many of us know much, much better.

i haven't been in almost three years because my family's last trip was littered with disappointment. and it'll be another few years before i go again.

twebber55

i learns the english! lol it's one of my many pet peeves (don't even get me started on the use of EST during daylight saving time).

but yeah, i definitely know where you're coming from. but to some, the yeti has become a symbol of the larger issue. personally, i'm more livid about the decay of epcot, the add-on events, and the nickle-and-diming techniques with air conditioning and lack of proper maintenance (to name a few) than i am about the condition of the yeti. but the yeti is such a lightning rod because it's just so indicative of the prevailing attitude at the resort: we don't have to fix it, because you'll never know any better. guess what, disney? many of us know much, much better.

i haven't been in almost three years because my family's last trip was littered with disappointment. and it'll be another few years before i go again.
the nickel and diming is what bothers me the most
thats why im taking my wallet to Universal this year

AEfx

So the "type of person" who enjoys theme is some kind of lesser person in your world?

Yes, that's exactly what I said.../roll eyes

We all love theme to one extent or another - it's great icing. But when folks try to poo-poo the lack of cake when all they can talk about is the icing, and try to justify it - then yes, I think you are too easily amused.

WildcatDen

I think you are too easily amused.
True. I do frequent this site to get a laugh or two. . .

If all you want is cake, then there are much better options. Ohio has all the cake you could want between Cedar Point and King's Island, they just skip over the icing. To quote Tracy Jones, "it is what it is. . ."

brb1006

The Villians Unleashed event at HS sounded like such a great and fun idea but the execution was disappointing. Especially the amount of rare Villain characters such as Stromboli,Gantu and Doctor Hamsterviel you don't see very often.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

The Villians Unleashed event at HD sounded like such a great and fun idea but the execution was disappointing. Especially the amount of rare Villain characters such as Stromboli,Gantu and Doctor Hamsterviel you don't see very often.
I guess they didn't realize how popular the event would be by a long shot. It does make the argument that aVillains themed land would be very popular and a welcome change. Perhaps it will be part of the master plan for the park" or it could be a half and half area along with the heroes?????? Wishful thinking :)

doctornick

I guess they didn't realize how popular the event would be by a long shot. It does make the argument that aVillains themed land would be very popular and a welcome change. Perhaps it will be part of the master plan for the park" or it could be a half and half area along with the heroes?????? Wishful thinking :)

Heck, at a bare minimum, create a special villain M&G location. Every 3 months change to a different rare villain. Simple, easy to do and would be very popular among those people who flooded the Villains event but would spread out everyone over a long period so no congestion issues.

Herbie

I never experienced it, unfortunately, but I love the idea/gimmick. It should've been a month-long celebration instead of a one-night-only event both years.

dreamscometrue

I will be crucified for saying this, but in a way, I feel the same about NFL, Main Street USA, and most of DAK. To me, the lands are another attraction, hence my excitement for Pandora, SWL, and future projects.
^^This!
Be brave man! I enjoy going to NFL early in the am and stopping by Gaston's, just sitting, and looking around. I don't mind telling people that I very much enjoy NFL, the Tangled area, and spending a full day taking in the sights and sounds of DAK (even before any of the new additions). Couldn't care at all about what anyone thinks about that. I like what I like, and would never apologize for it. :)

Slowjack

^^This!
Be brave man! I enjoy going to NFL early in the am and stopping by Gaston's, just sitting, and looking around. I don't mind telling people that I very much enjoy NFL, the Tangled area, and spending a full day taking in the sights and sounds of DAK (even before any of the new additions). Couldn't care at all about what anyone thinks about that. I like what I like, and would never apologize for it. :)
No reason why you should! The great thing about WDW, when it is running on all cylinders, is that different people can visit, have great times, and largely do different things.

brb1006

Heck, at a bare minimum, create a special villain M&G location. Every 3 months change to a different rare villain. Simple, easy to do and would be very popular among those people who flooded the Villains event but would spread out everyone over a long period so no congestion issues.
Don't forget the Oogie Boogie show.

brb1006

I never experienced it, unfortunately, but I love the idea/gimmick. It should've been a month-long celebration instead of a one-night-only event both years.
That would have been the closest a Disney resort outside of MK would have gotten for it's own Halloween event instead of being a one night thing.

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
Can anyone clear up the rumor that apparently prior to the Enchanted Forest NFL, there was a planned Fantasyland expansion when they closed 20,000 Leagues that would have had a Villain themed area. I've heard about a log flume themed to Night on Bald Mountain... Is there any concept art or anything in regards to this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom