DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
How do you know that China will nationalizes Disney's Share (has not happened in Hong Kong)? How do you spread the $3.5 billion over ten years that have not happen yet (no other money is going to be added in the next ten years)? You once again are changing the facts to fit your narrow view that you are right on everything. Some people look at the glass half full, some look at the glass half empty; you look at the glass and you do not see any thing at all that you do not want to.

This is something China will do when the US displeases it somehow, It will nationalize something closely associated with the US in China to show the US who holds the whip. A mainland Disney park which few relatively speaking chinese will ever visit but will have enormous propaganda value, Unlike say Starbucks where the Chinese addiction to their coffee drinks would probably start a revolution.

DisneyRoy

A permit was filed today for work on one of the backstage warehouse. This might be to accommodate things moving for TSL. I have marked in read the building I believe this permit is for.

Back Stage Warehouse Rehab, 300 Showbiz Blvd - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction

View attachment 122658

And so it begins....another project we're going to have to rely on aerials for to see. Much like Pandora. Annoying, but still fun to imagine what it's really going to look like when complete!

Next Big Thing

A permit was filed today for work on one of the backstage warehouse. This might be to accommodate things moving for TSL. I have marked in read the building I believe this permit is for.

Back Stage Warehouse Rehab, 300 Showbiz Blvd - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction

View attachment 122658
It's possible they could be using that building as a main storage site for the project, as it seems to be a bit north of where the land is expected to go.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
And so it begins....another project we're going to have to rely on aerials for to see. Much like Pandora. Annoying, but still fun to imagine what it's really going to look like when complete!

The work is being done by Buena Vista Construction so it's likely just interior work, so nothing to see in aerials.

It's possible they could be using that building as a main storage site for the project, as it seems to be a bit north of where the land is expected to go.

My guess, and this is only a guess, is that they are using this building to accommodate something that's going to get displaced by construction of TSL or SWL. Of course it could also be totally unrelated.

Mike C

Ok, the one thing I know so far today is that the line to get into DHS is about 10 fold larger than the line to get into Epcot. I am currently in a sea of people at the bag check line. Is the Stat Wars additions here really making that big of a difference. I was thinking that the reports about lot closures here were exaggerated but now I am thinking differently.

View attachment 122654

This is 99% for the lights (the last chance ever! effect), Launch Bay was mostly empty in the evening.

Katie G

View attachment 122658

I've been to that building... its offices and conference rooms. Unlikely a construction staging place unless they are also moving all of those people.

SirLink

I can understand the "single camera" parody appeal they're working at, but at this point it would be a more compelling show if they brought the backstage shenanigans to a minimum, and made the Late Night with Piggy the core of the show. That would be a perfect way of capturing the variety show quality of the original, spiced up for today's audience.

And make it accessible to youngins while still incorporating adult humor, that's the beauty of the muppets that I don't think we've seen since Jim Henson died. They've been too juvenile up until this point, and now it's the other way around. It's not that the new show is crude or anything, I just think kids watching it would be lost. The Muppets managed to enrapture millenials, I'm hopeful they can stay relevant for another generation.

Have you ever seen 30 Rock it is basically 30 Rock....plus one has to remember that all Muppets related projects are related to how it does internationally. Internationally Muppets has always been stronger than in the US...

Disneyhead'71

Have you ever seen 30 Rock it is basically 30 Rock....plus one has to remember that all Muppets related projects are related to how it does internationally. Internationally Muppets has always been stronger than in the US...
America has always been a little too conservative for Henson's Muppets. America's panties have been in a bunch since England told the Puritans to GFO.

njDizFan

In a slightly related note on the Muppets. I was shocked when I saw that HBO now has the rights to Sesame Street. They will start airing January 2016.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I've been to that building... its offices and conference rooms. Unlikely a construction staging place unless they are also moving all of those people.

I agree, this is probably just re-location of backstage things. Since the construction entrance is going to come in behind Cat Canyon I assume the staging area for TSL will be back there somewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom