DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Garfield

He is right, its October 4th. Yahoo is wrong

Further verification the new year starts October 4th is from the 2014 WDC year end report on page 45:

IMPACT OF FISCAL REPORTING CALENDAR

"The Company’s fiscal year ends on the Saturday closest to September 30 and consists of fifty-two weeks with the
exception that approximately every six years, we have a fifty-three week year. Fiscal 2015 is a fifty-three week year beginning on September 28, 2014 and ending on October 3, 2015."

Link to report I found it in: http://cdn.media.ir.thewaltdisneycompany.com/2014/annual/10k-wrap-2014.pdf

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Wouldn't there have been permits by now?

No, it's not usual for permits (notices of commencement) to show up the day work starts, if not a few days later. The permits that we generally get well ahead of time are the ones for the South Florida Water Management District and it's possible we won't even see these if the projects are staying within the current limits of the park.

spaceghost

I'll admit that I don't know the exact Disney financial calendar, but normally financial calendars are based on the day of the week, rather than the date its self. I would bet the new fiscal year starts Oct 4th or 5th. That keeps the weekends lined up with weekends, etc. year to year. So the wrecking ball (with Miley riding on it) would start swinging Monday. :D

If that's the case, I'm there. (I'm a simple, simple man.)

HauntedMansionFLA

It looks like Disney will be using Star Wars, much like Frozen, to keep DHS afloat for the near future. Will they bring Frozen back in the mix when The second Frozen movie comes out?

HauntedMansionFLA

Of course they will. They're going to milk that cow until it starts spewing out dust just like they did/are with the first one. :banghead:
I know, I love Star Wars but they are into hyperdrive to get their four billion dollars back. I just want the movies to be top quality and well written. I'm pleased they are using three different directors for the three movies. That's how the original trilogy was done and turned out good.
That goes the same with the Star Wars Land - 14 acres is a lot to work with and I'm glad they are working the original movies with the newest movies. TRY (lol) to make everyone happy. Just top quality.

DisneyManOne

Of course they will. They're going to milk that cow until it starts spewing out dust just like they did/are with the first one. :banghead:

And if we keep Iger and all the other suits in their current positions long enough, this could happen in the near future...
12020024_10153532477787254_5254490183911018162_n.jpg

(picture courtesy of @Endor Sightseer)

Of course, this picture is mocking Disney's obsession with Frozen, but given what Iger and his mooks have been doing regarding the hype and merchandising Frozen brought in its wake, it may happen sometime soon...

...anyone else feeling paranoid right now?

P.S. Also note how Disney is marked with the (R) sign. That would be definitive proof that Iger's gone off the deep end.

G00fyDad

I know, I love Star Wars but they are into hyperdrive to get their four billion dollars back. I just want the movies to be top quality and well written. I'm pleased they are using three different directors for the three movies. That's how the original trilogy was done and turned out good.
That goes the same with the Star Wars Land - 14 acres is a lot to work with and I'm glad they are working the original movies with the newest movies. TRY (lol) to make everyone happy. Just top quality.

I was actually referring to Frozen 2. I know I am biased here, but I really hope they do milk SW for all it is worth. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom