DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

boufa

I may be wrong, but I think the fiscal year actually ended this past Saturday. The second and third quarters ended on the last Saturdays of March and June, so I assume we are already in the new fiscal year.
I cracked out the google search and you are correct... The fiscal year ended last weekend the 26th of Sept. With the new year beginning Sept 27th.. so happy new year!

Of course that means we haven't seen any changes, so Disney is already behind schedule... (sarcasm!)

Crazydisneyfanluke

I cracked out the google search and you are correct... The fiscal year ended last weekend the 26th of Sept. With the new year beginning Sept 27th.. so happy new year!

Of course that means we haven't seen any changes, so Disney is already behind schedule... (sarcasm!)
The fiscal year depends on the company. Some start the 1st of Jan or Aug 19th.
Edit: I googled Disney's and it is Sept 27th according to Yahoo finance

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Way too lazy to catch up on this thread so sorry if this has already been mentioned...

Expect perimeter firework testing soon at DHS for a new show for season of the force.
PLEASE Correct me if I'm wrong but, this is new? Perimeters??? Or does this mean something different at DHS and DHS has always had it.

boufa

After a 10 year hiatus, the At-At outside Star Tours is now spewing water again when there are no Jedi shows and obviously all day once the show goes dark for rehab. Just throwing this in this thread as its DHS related.

How does this not irritate everyone here. I see all these little detail issues that people complain about on these forums, tiny little details that ruin an effect, or immersion, etc... but At-Ats should not shoot water. Its a cheesy gimmick, and Disney is better than that.

Lynn Stephens

How does this not irritate everyone here. I see all these little detail issues that people complain about on these forums, tiny little details that ruin an effect, or immersion, etc... but At-Ats should not shoot water. Its a cheesy gimmick, and Disney is better than that.
Agreed! I want my blaster cannons shooting lasers or nothing!

ToTBellHop

Eh, it's fine for the movie-set theme. The AT-AT won't be there once Star Wars Land opens (and it wouldn't make any sense to be there).

dizneycrazy09

Been a while since I posted, but I'm just wondering if anyone has updates in terms of a timeline for the start of actual construction? Things seem to be relatively fluid, and I'm curious as to when/if anything has been nailed down in terms of start times. I'm guessing after the new year heavy construction will really pick up. Am I far off?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Been a while since I posted, but I'm just wondering if anyone has updates in terms of a timeline for the start of actual construction? Things seem to be relatively fluid, and I'm curious as to when/if anything has been nailed down in terms of start times. I'm guessing after the new year heavy construction will really pick up. Am I far off?

Current rumors is that TSL will likely start very soon. Disney has said that SWL will start next year.

Brad Bishop

I'm wondering the same thing. Lots of stuff has closed. Where are the walls for construction? Where's the construction?

French Quarter

I heard from a bus driver that Phase 5 will begin with the installation of an oversized hat right smack dab in the middle of the park. So excited!

After a 10 year hiatus, the At-At outside Star Tours is now spewing water again when there are no Jedi shows and obviously all day once the show goes dark for rehab. Just throwing this in this thread as its DHS related.

Well there you go. That's practically a brand new show. Take that, all you haters out there, saying that there's nothing to see or do right now at DHS. Spitting AT-ATs? I could watch that for hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom