DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
So we know UNI is apparently upgrading the Incredible Hulk coaster, BUT....is there any possibility that the reason a SOA/LMA/Phase 3 replacement has not been announced is because they are making an attempt to get out of the Marvel theme park agreement, and at this point its too up in the air? Because I would think Marvel would be their first choice for SOA, to save on SOME construction. LMA could be an Avengers show? I suppose I'm just arm chairing now...
I am pretty confident saying that there is no way Universal is "giving up" on Marvel at any point.

DisDan

Marvel is NOT leaving Uni. Can we please end this discussion right now. It has been brought up and debunked over and over again and at this point if you don't know all the facts in the matter, know this, Marvel (Specifically Avengers Universe) will never see ANY attractions in WDW.

Last edited:

space42

Both of the new SW attractions will impress. Although, one is "Screenz!". The other will be very old scool meets new school. No matter the elaborate back story for Slinky, when standing back taking in a wide view, it will look more like Cheetah Hunt than Big Thunder. The unannounced mystery project that I believe is going in SoA will have an E Ticket and eye candy, I'm sure.

There will be plenty for both lovers and h8ers to wallow in.

What I'd really like to know is this. When it's all said and done, will we be be seeing a net increase in attraction count for MGM? Seems that for every addition so far there is a subtraction (or rumored subtraction).

ToTBellHop

What I'd really like to know is this. When it's all said and done, will we be be seeing a net increase in attraction count for MGM? Seems that for every addition so far there is a subtraction (or rumored subtraction).
In my mind, the better metric is "will it be a better park with more to keep me entertained?" Yes. Every attraction being removed is either ancient or crappy. Some are both.

space42

In my mind, the better metric is "will it be a better park with more to keep me entertained?" Yes. Every attraction being removed is either ancient or crappy. Some are both.

I agree with that - however, this park has always been light on attractions. Seems like this would be a good opportunity to correct that.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
So has there been any rumor to what will happen to Disney Junior? Is it gonna survive? I haven't seen any layover but will the entire animation area (VOTLM, etc) be demolished?

ctrlaltdel

So for Phase 3 (sorry if someone answered this already, I may have missed it), if it is indeed Cars Land, is it going to be a carbon (or near carbon copy) to the Cars Land out at DCA? Or will they change it up a little bit?

ToTBellHop

I agree with that - however, this park has always been light on attractions. Seems like this would be a good opportunity to correct that.
It will be an outstanding theme park by 2020 with tons of fresh attractions.
  1. Great Movie Ride
  2. RnRC
  3. Tower of Terror
  4. Fantasmic and new daytime show down there
  5. New show replacing BatB
  6. Disney Junior
  7. Replacement for Star Wars Launch Bay
  8. New show replacing Mermaid
  9. Expanded Midway Mania
  10. Slink Dog
  11. Alien version of Mater
  12. Luigi's from DCA likely
  13. E ticket Cars darkride likely
  14. Star Wars E Ticket 1
  15. Star Wars E Ticket 2
  16. Star Tours
  17. I presume Frozen stays and
  18. Jedi Training Academy moves to Sounds Dangerous
  19. new dining galore
  20. new shops galore
  21. new streetmosphere in a park that already has strong streetmosphere
  22. Shows at Center Stage

And possibly more in the early 2020s.

An excellent theme park.

WildcatDen

Last I heard...

Toy Story won't open before late 2017. SW is slated to open (possibly in phases) in 2019-2020. Phase 3 would come shortly after.
Would love to see some of this fast tracked for a mid to early 2017 open. If not, for our May trip, would probably add another Universal day and swap out DHS. . . Then again, I cannot see needing more than 2 days at UNI

Magenta Panther

And yet somehow, there really ought to be an attraction celebrating Disney animation. Since, you know, that's what Disney is known for, and it's the primary reason any of the parks exist. And a nod to the founder might be apropos as well. Just saying.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So we know UNI is apparently upgrading the Incredible Hulk coaster, BUT....is there any possibility that the reason a Phase 3 SOA/LMA replacement has not been announced is because they are making an attempt to get out of the Marvel theme park agreement, and at this point its too up in the air? Because I would think Marvel would be their first choice for SOA, to save on SOME construction. Maybe LMA could be an Avengers show? I suppose I'm just arm chairing now...but just trying to come up with realistic re-theming possibilities. If they're really going to bulldoze everything they're supposedly closing, they'd be rebuilding 75% of the park which just seems unrealistic.

There was a quote from a recent interview with a Universal Executive that made if very clear that Marvel isn't leaving Universal.

TeriofTerror

So, a certain other website is claiming that Star Wars Weekends have seen their final appearance, and Disney characters will no longer appear dressed in Star Wars costumes. Can anyone verify these claims? Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom