DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Goofyernmost

Wouldn't take much to remove it. It's not like it's a real, functioning water tower. You could almost consider it a prop!
Do you have even the slightest idea how much engineering and enforcing it took to build that thing, water or not? We didn't think there was much to removing the hat either, but, just by watching the way it was taken apart was quite eye opening.

When should we know about cars? Monsters inc? Fate of the LIGHTS MOTORS ACTION SHOW-their are strong rumors of it leaving, and Indy? Why is disney taking its sweet time to announce this? Before WDW anniversary like I said which will be in 2021...we should hear at least something about phase 3 I assume.

doctornick

When should we know about cars? Monsters inc? Fate of the LIGHTS MOTORS ACTION SHOW-their are strong rumors of it leaving, and Indy? Why is disney taking its sweet time to announce this? Before WDW anniversary like I said which will be in 2021...we should hear at least something about phase 3 I assume.

I'm guessing that we'll hear about other Pixar properties officially at D23 2017 and having them open in the 2018-19 timeframe. We'll probably hear about them unofficially before then when some info leaks out and/or LMA closes or other backstage work (e.g. Catastrophe Canyon area) begins.

Disneyhead'71

I'm guessing that we'll hear about other Pixar properties officially at D23 2017 and having them open in the 2018-19 timeframe. We'll probably hear about them unofficially before then when some info leaks out and/or LMA closes or other backstage work (e.g. Catastrophe Canyon area) begins.
Phase 3 will be under construction before the 2017 D23, but it's a safe bet that that is where it will be announced with concept art.

Of course, we here at WDWMAGIC will know a lot about it prior to the announcement.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Do you have even the slightest idea how much engineering and enforcing it took to build that thing, water or not? We didn't think there was much to removing the hat either, but, just by watching the way it was taken apart was quite eye opening.

Well, when it has to withstand a Cat 4 hurricane, these things are a bit beefy. (Love the RCID building codes)

BrianLo

What's announced so far isn't the end. Park Phases 3 and 4 are not green lit and are dependent on several factors. Please don't ask what and where.

I'll ask the when again - Is 'phase three' actually aiming to still be before phase two (Star Wars)?

From a capacity/infrastructure perspective the remaining backlot/LMA could in theory start construction before Toy Story opens... unlike Star Wars which is stuck waiting for garages, amongst sheer park capacity concerns.

ToTBellHop

I'll ask the when again - Is 'phase three' actually aiming to still be before phase two (Star Wars)?

From a capacity/infrastructure perspective the remaining backlot/LMA could in theory start construction before Toy Story opens... unlike Star Wars which is stuck waiting for garages, amongst sheer park capacity concerns.
Phase 3 before phase 2?

dreamscometrue

I've read quite a few posts on the past several pages, and after all the reading, I think I have the order sorted out now...Phase 1, followed by 2, then on to 3, and finally 4, if it happens. Okay, I'll have to remember that somehow. 1, 2, 3, 4; 1, 2, 3, 4; 1, 2, 3, 4. Who would have guessed? If I just keep reciting it, I think I'll get the order straight. ;)

doctornick

3 after 2. Playland is 1. SW is 2.

Infrastructure is separate.

Thank you (and @Lee and a number of others) for the information you can share.

From what we have seen, this is my best guess as to the plans as they now stand....

Phase 1 is Toy Story Land plus potentially some other small stuff (Villains show in the BatB theater, replacement for VOTLM). Sounds like this may be (relatively) "fast tracked" to be finished first, perhaps in the 2017 timeframe

Infrastructure (parking decks) will probably worked on to be completed in the 2017-18 timeframe

Phase 2 is Star Wars, with maybe a somewhat accelerated schedule than previously, completed in the 2019-20 timeframe.

Phase 3 is additional Pixar stuff, likely replacing LMA/Catastrophe Canyon and maybe part of the SoA. Strong rumors about Cars being part of that, maybe some other Pixar stuff. Probably completed in the 2021 timeframe. It seems the exact roster of this development is not finalized, but funding is there.

Phase 1-3 (and infrastructure) were the components of the $2.8B approval going towards DHS. Phase 3 info probably won't be officially announced until D23 2017 (which will probably have more specifics on Star Wars at that point).

Phase 4 is blue sky stuff being developed, not currently funded/approved. So... let's not get our hopes up.

I guess if there is some "other" IP being added (e.g. GotG, more Muppets, other Disney animated films, Indiana Jones) that it would be part of Phase 3 or hoped for in Phase 4.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Thank you (and @Lee and a number of others) for the information you can share.

From what we have seen, this is my best guess as to the plans as they now stand....

Phase 1 is Toy Story Land plus potentially some other small stuff (Villains show in the BatB theater, replacement for VOTLM). Sounds like this may be (relatively) "fast tracked" to be finished first, perhaps in the 2017 timeframe

Infrastructure (parking decks) will probably worked on to be completed in the 2017-18 timeframe

Phase 2 is Star Wars, with maybe a somewhat accelerated schedule than previously, completed in the 2019-20 timeframe.

Phase 3 is additional Pixar stuff, likely replacing LMA/Catastrophe Canyon and maybe part of the SoA. Strong rumors about Cars being part of that, maybe some other Pixar stuff. Probably completed in the 2021 timeframe. It seems the exact roster of this development is not finalized, but funding is there.

Phase 1-3 (and infrastructure) were the components of the $2.8B approval going towards DHS. Phase 3 info probably won't be officially announced until D23 2017 (which will probably have more specifics on Star Wars at that point).

Phase 4 is blue sky stuff being developed, not currently funded/approved. So... let's not get our hopes up.

I guess if there is some "other" IP being added (e.g. GotG, more Muppets, other Disney animated films, Indiana Jones) that it would be part of Phase 3 or hoped for in Phase 4.

Yeah GotG won't be revisited until 2017, when the next film comes out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom