DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

doctornick

I'll confirm them. Both of them.

Speaking of confirming things.... do either you or @Lee have any sense about what is happening to the VOTLM space? There continues to be significant debate as to whether that space will demolished entirely to be used for a path for TSL, continue as is or be replaced by a new attraction.

Magenta Panther

well i actually have a rumor for you...you may not believe me one bit. But disney shanghai is opening next year and they are rumored to get the indiana jones show from DHS. Yes I'm not making this up it's a rumor though for sure. plus photo dave you never told us if tower of terror is coming down....lights! motors! action! extreme stunt show, the fate of the beauty and the beast show, what's safe and what's not safe...you never posted that on your DHS changes makover. No Monsters INC either?

There can't be any truth to any rumor about the Tower coming down. It's immensely successful, so much so that there's a version of it in a lot of other parks, and it had to have been expensive to build. Quit being silly.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Speaking of confirming things.... do either you or @Lee have any sense about what is happening to the VOTLM space? There continues to be significant debate as to whether that space will demolished entirely to be used for a path for TSL, continue as is or be replaced by a new attraction.
Two thoughts. Depends who you ask. One is demolition. Other is a new IP. I'm leaning to the second.

doctornick

Your lean is correct as of right now. And there is NO chance Tower is going anywhere. Kill that rumor right now.

Can we clarify: are we talking about the water tower (Earffel Tower) or Tower of Terror?

Obviously, there is zero chance of Tower of Terror going anywhere. So, I'm assuming that you are saying that the Earffel Tower is expected to remain for the reasonable future. Correct?

ULPO46

Can we clarify: are we talking about the water tower (Earffel Tower) or Tower of Terror?

Obviously, there is zero chance of Tower of Terror going anywhere. So, I'm assuming that you are saying that the Earffel Tower is expected to remain for the reasonable future. Correct?
As unlikely as it may seem, earful tower might come down if the theming just doesnt look right. GMR can't be used as the symbol of the park due to licensing agreements with GCT. But i do see tower of terror becoming the future symbol for the park wheter or not temporary or permanent remains a mystery. But lets face it the water tower has no place anymore and now you can barely see it so yes, we can see it go away in the near future.

ULPO46

Thy Earful Tower of Disney Water

Attachments

• disney.jpg
    disney.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 310

articos

Ah...thanks for clarifying @doctornick. I thought the question was about ToT...I'm catching up and didn't read back enough. But I still expect the Earffel to stay for the reasonable future, yes. Unless it's in the way of something, there's no reason to (spend money to) remove it.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'd expect to see

Cast parking move elsewhere

Guests use cast and guest parking

Garage one built

Guests use garage one and guest / cast parking

Garage two built

New cast parking built

Guests use both garages

Original Cast parking amalgamated into park and infrastructure as SW work begins

What's announced so far isn't the end. Park Phases 3 and 4 are not green lit and are dependent on several factors. Please don't ask what and where.

msteel

I'd expect to see

Cast parking move elsewhere

Guests use cast and guest parking

Garage one built

Guests use garage one and guest / cast parking

Garage two built

New cast parking built

Guests use both garages

Original Cast parking amalgamated into park and infrastructure as SW work begins

What's announced so far isn't the end. Park Phases 3 and 4 are not green lit and are dependent on several factors. Please don't ask what and where.

So if phase 3 and 4 are not greenlit then they are not part of the currently approved budget either? Wow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom