DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

wannabeBelle

I'm crossing my fingers that it will stay gone until Star Wars Weekends 2016. And hopefully it will only have a short run thereafter, what with all the Frozen being moved to Epcot Center with the new ride.
It's a horrible tradeoff, but at least it will improve DHS slightly....at the expense of World Showcase. (in all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if the powers that be shuttered the Kringla Bakeri in favor of "Olaf's Chocolate Shop" or some dumb crap. They could take a lesson from Harambe Village Market and offer white chocolate "Olaf Poop".)

Wouldn't be surprised if they put a giant Christmas Tree there for the holidays though.
They usually put up the stage for New Year's Eve as well, although given the fact that this year for the 4th of July, Mulch did not play their usual holiday sets, but were recorded so the DJ could play them at the push of a button, I am not holding out a lot of hope! Marie

Bocabear

I'm crossing my fingers that it will stay gone until Star Wars Weekends 2016. And hopefully it will only have a short run thereafter, what with all the Frozen being moved to Epcot Center with the new ride.
It's a horrible tradeoff, but at least it will improve DHS slightly....at the expense of World Showcase. (in all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if the powers that be shuttered the Kringla Bakeri in favor of "Olaf's Chocolate Shop" or some dumb crap. They could take a lesson from Harambe Village Market and offer white chocolate "Olaf Poop".)

Wouldn't be surprised if they put a giant Christmas Tree there for the holidays though.
Before the hat, they always had a giant Christmas tree in front of the theater... It looked lovely there...rather than outside the gates by the buses.. it also looked a lot larger in front of the theater...better scaling, better backdrop.

ToTBellHop

Before the hat, they always had a giant Christmas tree in front of the theater... It looked lovely there...rather than outside the gates by the buses.. it also looked a lot larger in front of the theater...better scaling, better backdrop.
Agreed. It's so odd outside of the park. Makes more sense there at DAK as a tree in front of a bigger, more impressive tree would be dumb.

Ignohippo

Why would Disney Junior need a redo? They show mickey mouse club house, Jake and the Neverland pirates, Doc Mc Stuffins, and Princess Sophia. Their 4 biggest shows. MY son loved it last September.

I think I addressed that adequately up above, but I'll repeat myself.

It could seriously use an upgrade in special effects. Video screens to take the story form one place to the next, video screens on the sides, and potential small stages on the sides to continue the story and bring the action closer to the kids on the sides and in the back.

While it has been kept current with new Disney Jr. shows, the tech has stayed practically exactly the same since the day it opened.

Eoghann

I think I addressed that adequately up above, but I'll repeat myself.

It could seriously use an upgrade in special effects. Video screens to take the story form one place to the next, video screens on the sides, and potential small stages on the sides to continue the story and bring the action closer to the kids on the sides and in the back.

While it has been kept current with new Disney Jr. shows, the tech has stayed practically exactly the same since the day it opened.

While the tech is not what you'd call sophisticated it is effective and keeps the target audience engaged (if perhaps not the accompanying adults). Perhaps more importantly consider all the other things at DHS in need of attention. Seems to me that a massive overhauls of this particular attraction would have to be very low on the priority list.

G00fyDad

Tower is the park icon for the short term future. Unknown what they will do after all this is done.

I think Matt912 is talking about ToT. Right now the water tower is the short term icon. Of course I have seen both used, but they seem to be leaning more toward the water tower right now.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Interpret this as you will, but it looks like the 4-day VotLM refurb set to happen next week has been canceled
I was just there last week. The rain was missing completely, the bubbles were almost indiscernible, and sadly, Ariel was very weak in the vocal department!

Like I used to say about Sounds Dangerous - it was a padded seat in an air conditioned room. Not much more.

While I was glad to experience it for potentially one last time, I won't miss it that much if it is replaced with something new and entertaining.

Disneyhead'71

I was just there last week. The rain was missing completely, the bubbles were almost indiscernible, and sadly, Ariel was very weak in the vocal department!

Like I used to say about Sounds Dangerous - it was a padded seat in an air conditioned room. Not much more.

While I was glad to experience it for potentially one last time, I won't miss it that much if it is replaced with something new and entertaining.
How about a walk way?

TP2000

That's what I used to say about all the theater shows at DHS, before I started skipping them entirely.

Tired and dusty old shows from the 1990's, just taking up space but mercifully air conditioned as their big draw.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom