DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
just the first of many changes that will be coming to the old backlot tour. All of that will be gone and replaced with something. Half the old area will become the new TSL. The other half will be converted to something else in the near future. Little by little props are being sold to private investors and other companies. The Jet is remaining for now but will be moved off property sometime in the future.

Yes.

The area of the "backlot" tour for TSL is substantial but over half of the backlot area and the nearby area will be the "unannounced".

*1023*

ULPO46

It was a little surprising that after almost a year all the big props are still there.
My thing is the attraction closed and its been closed for over a year now. The trams are still there and the majority of props are still there. Although as shown the petro tanks are gone. So what does this all mean? Will the ride ever come back, highly unlikely. But will the props remain there for now, oretty much until they decide to start getting rid of them. How ever i feel that someday this section of the park will be turned into the offices that are in animation courtyard ince they dont want to probably remove the water tower or out a land around the tiwer because it would hurt the themeing unless said land represented the magic of movie making.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
My thing is the attraction closed and its been closed for over a year now. The trams are still there and the majority of props are still there. Although as shown the petro tanks are gone. So what does this all mean? Will the ride ever come back, highly unlikely. But will the props remain there for now, oretty much until they decide to start getting rid of them. How ever i feel that someday this section of the park will be turned into the offices that are in animation courtyard ince they dont want to probably remove the water tower or out a land around the tiwer because it would hurt the themeing unless said land represented the magic of movie making.

The trams are gone.

Ignohippo

According to @peter11435 TSL will not go down as far as the Animation Courtyard...

That's not the info I have. As I understand it, TLM and the shops next to it are toast. Toy Story Playland will not take over the Animation Courtyard, but it will spill into it.

Seems to me to be a huge loss to lose that theater (although I don't care much for what's in it) but that's the info I was given.

Ignohippo

It's not a permanent attraction.

It's a sort of "Welcome/Preview Center" for Star Wars.

After Star Wars actually opens, it will no longer be necessary.

What is making this so difficult to understand?

Lord knows, the Disney Jr. puppet show is in desperate need of a re-do. Even the kids seem bored to death with it these days. It was fine for my first son (who's 10 now), but my 3 year old was bored to death, as were most kids the last time I saw it. It needs an entirely new concept at this point.

Obviously that whole courtyard will need a huge makeover once Launch Bay closes. Hopefully, it'll get two - one before Toy Story Playland opens and one when Launch Bay closes. Some really amazing things could be done with that space.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Lord knows, the Disney Jr. puppet show is in desperate need of a re-do. Even the kids seem bored to death with it these days. It was fine for my first son (who's 10 now), but my 3 year old was bored to death, as were most kids the last time I saw it. It needs an entirely new concept at this point.

My kid (2 1/2) just saw this show last month at DL and loved it (danced the entire time). Not sure what type of re-do is needed other than continue to incorporate the newer shows.

Ignohippo

My kid (2 1/2) just saw this show last month at DL and loved it (danced the entire time). Not sure what type of re-do is needed other than continue to incorporate the newer shows.

I can't speak to the one at Disneyland. It just seemed incredibly outdated to me. If they continue with the puppet show concept, it could really use some video boards and upgraded special effects.

I'm a traditionalist, and I hate that everything these days always has to be in your face and flashy all of the time, but in this case, I think those kinds of things are desperately needed.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I can't speak to the one at Disneyland. It just seemed incredibly outdated to me. If they continue with the puppet show concept, it could really use some video boards and upgraded special effects.

I'm a traditionalist, and I hate that everything these days always has to be in your face and flashy all of the time, but in this case, I think those kinds of things are desperately needed.

I would be on board with those types of changes for sure, just not an entirely new concept. Those characters are very popular and this show is the best place to see them (other than a couple M&G's with scary giant sized versions. :p)

Ignohippo

I would be on board with those types of changes for sure, just not an entirely new concept. Those characters are very popular and this show is the best place to see them (other than a couple M&G's with scary giant sized versions. :p)

I never thought of that the big characters are scary for young ones, so that's a very good point.

They could also use a couple of small side stages so that some characters could pop up there from time to time to shake things up a bit and to be closer to some of the kids on the sides and in the back.

I'm sure it could be worked out so that the performers could have access to the side stages from the front without being seen (since the exits are in the front of the theater).

FettFan

The Spires are back on the Great Movie Ride:
11924267_10152974490552035_4871837697534130761_n.jpg

Source:http://www./

doctornick

That's not the info I have. As I understand it, TLM and the shops next to it are toast. Toy Story Playland will not take over the Animation Courtyard, but it will spill into it.

Seems to me to be a huge loss to lose that theater (although I don't care much for what's in it) but that's the info I was given.

Appreciate the info, but I feel like the Mermaid building will remain (or be replaced by a new building unrelated to TSL). If they tear down all of Jack Sparrow/OMD/Mermaid plus have the existing breezeway for the entrance to TSL that would be a pretty massive walkway and doesn't seem consistent with the concept art for TSL. Granted, concept art is not meant to be a blueprint, but there's a lot of pretty specific details in the art that suggest fairly advanced plans.

Furthermore, if Mermaid is removed and not replaced, it would put that side of Animation Courtyard (or whatever that area becomes) facing the back of some sort of show building from TSL (the building behind the "hotel"). That would be pretty odd and, for the time being, Animation Courtyard (Disney Jr and the new stuff in the old Animation Bldg) will continue to be a guest area.

My guess is that Mermaid goes away but is replaced by something new (either a new show or maybe a ride) separate from TSL. Some of the confusion or different messages could be that the building is being torn down, but will be replaced by something new.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom