DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

IMFearless

I hate to say it but I think more Pixar in DHS with the TSPL already operating may be a mistake down the line.

I think more balance may be needed. If we end up with SW, TSL, Hollywood area, and eventually another Pixar based realm it could make the park less interesting than if they brought in something less similar.

I realise a lot depends on the individual attraction choice, and I have no problem with Pixar based attractions per se, I just wonder if having 40% - 50% of the redeveloped park themed on Pixar is making the focus to narrow for the long term.

dizneycrazy09

I hate to say it but I think more Pixar in DHS with the TSPL already operating may be a mistake down the line.

I think more balance may be needed. If we end up with SW, TSL, Hollywood area, and eventually another Pixar based realm it could make the park less interesting than if they brought in something less similar.

I realise a lot depends on the individual attraction choice, and I have no problem with Pixar based attractions per se, I just wonder if having 40% - 50% of the redeveloped park themed on Pixar is making the focus to narrow for the long term.

Throw in a few unbranded Marvel attractions, and they can rename the park Disney's Intellectual Property Adeventure.

Disneyhead'71

I think Incredibles should go next to TSL, GotG between Incredibles and Star Wars. That way it goes Toys>Superheroes>Superhero/Space Cowboys>Space Cowboys.

TSL would work better as a hub for all these IPs. Al's toy barn could just be sponsored by Toys R Us.

Kman101

I agree that the park is short on rides, that's why you ADD rides in addition to the wide variety of shows, exhibits and smaller attractions in the park already. Can you imagine how awesome DHS would with four new rides in ADDITION to One Man's Dream, the Magic of Disney Animation, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Lights Motors Action, and Indiana Jones? It would make DHS impossible to do in one day, which I feel should be the goal of every park, that there's so much to do that you can't get it all done in one day.

Agreed with you completely but let's not forget how dated and tired some of those were. People were crying for them to be removed so when they finally are it's like the end of the world and people are now lamenting the loss. I get it, I liked them too but it's time to move on.

None of that was directed towards you, of course, LOL, I just quoted you.

But I agree. I'd have preferred them keeping some things or heck even some of the buildings (VOTLM/OMD/Sparrow) that are rumored to be demoed. Why lose all of that?

It's why I antsy for a full announcement of a DHS makeover (I'm aware I likely will have to wait a few years for that) because some of these decisions just don't make sense. Like, DCA saved what worked for them, why do we lose so much in FL?

Disneyhead'71

Agreed with you completely but let's not forget how dated and tired some of those were. People were crying for them to be removed so when they finally are it's like the end of the world and people are now lamenting the loss. I get it, I liked them too but it's time to move on.

None of that was directed towards you, of course, LOL, I just quoted you.

But I agree. I'd have preferred them keeping some things or heck even some of the buildings (VOTLM/OMD/Sparrow) that are rumored to be demoed. Why lose all of that?

It's why I antsy for a full announcement of a DHS makeover (I'm aware I likely will have to wait a few years for that) because some of these decisions just don't make sense. Like, DCA saved what worked for them, why do we lose so much in FL?
Because the layout and traffic flow is incomprehensible. They are fixing that.

Mike S

I think Incredibles should go next to TSL, GotG between Incredibles and Star Wars. That way it goes Toys>Superheroes>Superhero/Space Cowboys>Space Cowboys.

TSL would work better as a hub for all these IPs. Al's toy barn could just be sponsored by Toys R Us.
Toss Big Hero 6 in there and we'll have the closest thing to "Marvel Land" WDW would ever get. Without actually using the Marvel name in the park, of course.

ToTBellHop

Toss Big Hero 6 in there and we'll have the closest thing to "Marvel Land" WDW would ever get. Without actually using the Marvel name in the park, of course.
That is a further off pipe dream. Possible, of course, but they will want to see if those properties can produce successful sequels before committing.

Lynn Stephens

It still seems like Disney (more than anyone) has Frozen fever. With WDI already developing the Frozen Land in TDS, it would be cheaper and ea$ier to copy that for DHS. It breaks down like this:

TSL - For the little kids.
Frozen - For the girls.
Star Wars - For the boys and their fathers.

AGAIN, I want to stress that Frozen is not my choice but it is what makes "corporate" sense with demographics and monetizing and return on investment.

Mike S

It still seems like Disney (more than anyone) has Frozen fever. With WDI already developing the Frozen Land in TDS, it would be cheaper and ea$ier to copy that for DHS. It breaks down like this:

TSL - For the little kids.
Frozen - For the girls.
Star Wars - For the boys and their fathers.

AGAIN, I want to stress that Frozen is not my choice but it is what makes "corporate" sense with demographics and monetizing and return on investment.
Frozen's going to IPcot sadly.

Thanks for that name btw @Disneyhead'71.

Mawg

Anyway, to avoid a thread drift I will say some specifics for the DHS projects are becoming clearer. Nothing I can go into at the moment but give it time. I also expect more to be coming to the park.

I like this news, can you tell us if the New Toy Story land, Star Wars land and infrastructure needs eats up the 2.8 billion and if not how much do you think is still left over or take an educated guess.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
MGM studios was completed in 1989. Asbestos had been banned by that point for over a decade.

Not in the United States...

"In 1989, the EPA issued a final rule under Section 6 of Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) banning most asbestos-containing products. However, in 1991, this rule was vacated and remanded by the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. As a result, most of the original ban on the manufacture, importation, processing, or distribution in commerce for the majority of the asbestos-containing products originally covered in the 1989 final rule was overturned."

http://www2.epa.gov/asbestos/us-federal-bans-asbestos

There is no way this park is going to be able to handle the crowds these new attractions are going to draw w/o a major land expansion. Think about it, we are talking SWL, TSL and a 3rd land to be announced (Cars and/orFrozen). Taking a sliver out of the parking lot isn't going to cut it. What am I missing here?

Sue_Vongello

From a purely park operations/management perspective I think Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land both need one more family "flat" ride, to divert crowds. Something like Mater's ride in DCA themed around Pod Racing for Star Wars Land could work? And maybe a clone of one of those rides from Playland in Tokyo ... something cheap (gross) to bump up ride counts and divert crowds.

Upon further reflection I think that's one of my major problems with these "announcements" for DHS specifically ... because it doesn't address some of the major problems with the park ... i.e. number of attractions and number of attractions that are accessible for all ages.

Now I know @marni1971 mentioned more is coming, which is just great. So maybe those issues get addressed. But that is why TSMM is so insane with lines because its in a small minority of rides there that everyone can get on ... that needs to be corrected.

P.S. I hope GotG gets an attraction ... selfishly because Chris Pratt and Zoe Saldana are like two of my biggest crushes right now. Zoe is like my dream woman ... sigh ... if anyone has her number ... PM me ... please?!

Sue_Vongello

There is no way this park is going to be able to handle the crowds these new attractions are going to draw w/o a major land expansion. Think about it, we are talking SWL, TSL and a 3rd land to be announced (Cars and/orFrozen). Taking a sliver out of the parking lot isn't going to cut it. What am I missing here?

Did I miss something? Why would Frozen be rumored to be a new land at DHS? Aren't they building a Frozen land in EPCOT? Surely ... I mean surely they wouldn't put Frozen lands in two parks? Right?

so when do you guys think disney will "give us more info" about all of this up and coming stuff??

Also am I the only one who wants a pixar meet and greet like what they have for Epcot for Disney and friends but like a Pixar version where you can meet the characters that wont have an IP land?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom