DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

FettFan

I would think with Star Wars at least, they'd be building atop the current Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular....and given that the Indy area is used for cheerleader competitions,
ST+Cheer+Competition.jpg

I'm willing to wager they're waiting for a contract to expire before they break ground.

ULPO46

I would think with Star Wars at least, they'd be building atop the current Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular....and given that the Indy area is used for cheerleader competitions,
ST+Cheer+Competition.jpg

I'm willing to wager they're waiting for a contract to expire before they break ground.
Indy is here to stay for now. They dont want to keep closing things without opening new ones.

TalkingHead

The Board of Directors approves specific projects. It doesn't go to them before there are real plans.

The art was very detailed and specific. Not generic, no matter if the edges were blurred.

At the presentation, Scott Trowbridge said, "Well we're still working on the detail of the designs, but the renderings you're seeing today... they should give you a very good sense of the level of immersion...."

That doesn't imply that the concept art is more than blue sky renderings.

Someone posted that quote over at OU. Hadn't seen it posted over here.

Last edited:

ProjectXBlog

ST+Cheer+Competition.jpg

god help them when that giant ball rolls through and knocks them over like bowling pins

culturenthrills

I would be surprised if they use the Echo Lake area for Star Wars. I really hope they are going into the parking lot. To me it would make the most sense from an operational and building stand point. It would enlarge the park, they wouldn't have to demo as much, you can keep the Indy show going, which could either stay or be used for some other future expansion. It would make more sense as far as blending the new land into the park starting after Indy. It just makes no sense to put Star Wars in the Echo Lake area. But I guess we will find out.

FettFan

I would be surprised if they use the Echo Lake area for Star Wars. I really hope they are going into the parking lot. To me it would make the most sense from an operational and building stand point. It would enlarge the park, they wouldn't have to demo as much, you can keep the Indy show going, which could either stay or be used for some other future expansion. It would make more sense as far as blending the new land into the park starting after Indy. It just makes no sense to put Star Wars in the Echo Lake area. But I guess we will find out.

I don't think Echo Lake is going anywhere. To quote @Tom :
Echo Lake serves a purpose beyond aesthetics. I believe it's one of the many man-made reservoirs (retention ponds) used to help manage ground water. Thus, if they filled it in, they'd have to create another containment system of equal or greater volume somewhere else nearby.

Magenta Panther

If cuts happen than you can say I told you so; till than maybe you should give Disney benefit of the doubt at this time. Are you not one of those that little or nothing would be said at D23
Wrong once probably wrong now.

I don't think I said nothing would happen at D23. But I really can't remember. But anyway, after the way New Fantasyland turned out, it'll be a looooonnnggggg time before I give Disney the benefit of the doubt about the parks. It cut too many corners on all of the new attractions, and it shows. I'm afraid that I really think the days when Disney was capable of creating something as original and amazing as the Tower of Terror are over. And that makes me sad. :(

Tom

Beta Return
I don't think Echo Lake is going anywhere. To quote @Tom :

I was later corrected and told that Echo Lake is indeed for aesthetics only, and is not part of the water management system. I have no evidence either way. Regardless, Disney has been relocating water retention quite a bit in recent history, so there's nothing stopping them from filling in Echo Lake (which is really just a concrete reflecting pond).

truecoat

Amen, she makes emperor palpatine look like mother Teresa comoared to her. I cant recall that George was so secretive with his star wars films. I hope that if they ever make another indiana jones, it wont be so secretive. I hope that this secrecy is worth the wait. Not even the highest disney employees have clearance to know whats going on. I have faith in JJ as a director after all the rebooted star trek was ok. As for this land yes say goodbye to LMA and Streets of America. This is where the next two lamds will be going and yes the 2020-2021 dates are what is being projected. First dig may take place next year but rumors are circulating that parks and resorts alongside the Board, want to wait for Pandora to open as well as to see crowd flow ect. But construction may start even before the pandora area opens if what i hear is right. TWDC wants to use the next five years to build up and remodel their domestic parks. The amounts of record breaking crowds has had its effect on the resorts. Your prayers for fixed attractions will be answered but it does mean rides may get shut down for refurb for up to a year. All of this should be completed by 2023-2025 so expect construction during the MK/ WDWR 50th birdthday

The secrecy starts with J.J. He's been secretive on all his films and especially this one.

truecoat

Give or take just about. Probably around February or March of 16 all depends on what happens in the next twelve months. And yes ideas are still going around. Its kind of really difficult to make a ride off of Star Wars when the best thing possible is star tours. At best another coaster is being thrown around the tables. How ever it will be more meet and greet and touring an alien world/ restaurant than anything else. But the new Droids, wait until you look at them. Some will be cast members dressed up in 3po style suits talking to guest and others will be R2,R3,and R4 units that will have autonomity and be capable of interacting with guest. It wont disappoint. How ever this will take a longer time than toy story because all aloen world tech has alrwady gone to Pandora. So noe imagineers have to re invent the wheel with this one because sadly the best ride is Star Tours.

Star Tours the best possible thing? Your imagination is lacking.

truecoat

I don't think I said nothing would happen at D23. But I really can't remember. But anyway, after the way New Fantasyland turned out, it'll be a looooonnnggggg time before I give Disney the benefit of the doubt about the parks. It cut too many corners on all of the new attractions, and it shows. I'm afraid that I really think the days when Disney was capable of creating something as original and amazing as the Tower of Terror are over. And that makes me sad. :(

By using TOT, are you talking about the Disney Parks as a whole or WDW? I'd agree if you are referring to WDW.

Captain Neo

So what exactly happened to Cars Land for DHS? I want deets. Spirit was very adamant that it was happening (along with Star Wars and Toy story lands) and everything he has said has come to pass. Is it being saved for a later date when they can focus more on DHS rebranding? Is it cancelled? Or are other projects being considered to take its place? Personally I'm hoping for the last one I'd much rather see the Ratatouille ride, Monsters Inc Door Coaster or a brand new attraction/land based on a Pixar film that we haven't seen in the park yet (or better yet a non pixar property like Guardians of the Galaxy or a Frozen land).

DisneyCane

They forgot the reason why disney even built a theme park, PAYING ATTENTION TO DETAILS AND THE GUEST'S WANTS AND DISLIKES. But hey business is business and they must keep shareholders happy.

I'm pretty sure that Walt built Disneyland to MAKE MONEY. The things you mention were his vision to create a park that would reach that goal, they were not the reason he came up with the idea.

Shaman

It was mentioned a couple of times at the presentation that DHS would be more about experiencing the worlds created in movies as opposed to the behind-the-scenes/studios theme. I like this idea. Pavilion-like areas. So we have Star Wars and Toy Story. What's next?

Monsters Inc, GotG, and Cars have all been part of rumors for DHS in the past. If they happen at some point will they too come with 2 attractions each?

Even with the announced stuff, DHS needs more stuff for kids.

What happened to the carnival rides that were rumored? The ones that Shanghai wasn't going to use...

SJFPKT

Nope. LMA is going away. Judging from the building featured in the concept art LMA is the future home of the Slinky Dog coaster.

That building you have circles on the Toy Story concept art is the current TSMM Building

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-17 at 6.05.05 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-08-17 at 6.05.05 AM.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 116

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The sad part is they dont want to close it there are still a very select few rides still working even if it does mean half the park is open. Disney is onky about making money now a days. They forgot the reason why disney even built a theme park, PAYING ATTENTION TO DETAILS AND THE GUEST'S WANTS AND DISLIKES. But hey business is business and they must keep shareholders happy.

To hell with the Guest as long as they keep paying....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom