DHS CARS LAND

Skyway

Oh, and over at UNI, Potter 2.0 sounds better all the time. Just heard of a BIG change coming to help facilitate the expansion and it splains a lot (like why UNI execs were seen visiting a competitor recently!)

Harry Potter hotel rooms and/or timeshares?

t3techcom18

Out of curiosity, for those of you that are DL fans, were you upset when Disney brought ToT over to DCA? Just curious if people back then were complaining that they weren't getting a new attraction and just a clone of an existing one.

I like both properties and I wasn't bothered by it at all. There's two reasons for that:

1) ToT in DL is largely the same ride experience per se, but the building, some effects, certain sequences, and even lots of the queue are vastly different than the original. That makes it it's own version.

2) DL doesn't have that many cloned rides. There are very few that make it's way from WDW to DL. If anything, almost all cloned rides in the past decade for WDW have come FROM DL. DL still has the originality quotient above WDW (I'm not counting classics like POTC, HM, etc). WDW, however, has its clone quotient at either equal level or above the number of original attractions.

THAT is the disturbing part to me.

Carsland_WDW

I think many attractions at Walt Disney World end up better than the original:

Haunted Mansion
Splash Mountain
Dumbo
Jungle Cruise

I think that I, Carsland at Disney World, will follow that tradition.

GLaDOS

Door coaster and RSR.

Both with gift shops and a few food places.

My educated guess. Not a full blown Carsland. If at all. Things aren't all green and pretty in either park yet.

Any chance there's work done to the rest of DHS ala DCA's Project Sparkle?

JOSHG

I for one am STOKED about this! My 3 year old LOVES Cars and it's just not really economical for me to take my entire family to DCA. Just to fly out there would cost me nearly 2k before tickets, hotel and food. I can take an entire WDW vacation with dining for around 2k. It just doesn't make a lick of sense to go to DL for my family, but my son REALLY wants to see RSR.

wedenterprises

I'm on the fence about clones (they are better at WDW anyways), I love test track, and RSR looks amazing...but can someone please explain how Cars would fit thematically at DHS? Oh what's that, It doesn't? Thanks.

JOSHG

I'm on the fence about clones (they are better at WDW anyways), I love test track, and RSR looks amazing...but can someone please explain how Cars would fit thematically at DHS? Oh what's that, It doesn't? Thanks.
Cars totally fits if it's a part of Pixar Place...it is a Pixar movie after all.

Mike730

What's hilarious about this is that the old entrance was made to resemble a postcard. In the D23 Magazine issue that highlighted the changes to DCA, the free gift with the magazine was a magnetic postcard made out of the new elements of DCA.

I would support this - perhaps a single C/D dark right in place of these two attractions?
I'd like this as well, as long as that one C/D dark ride isn't Cars related. Perhaps something else pixar, but I personally don't think Cars deserves two major attractions.

Door coaster and RSR.

My educated guess. Not a full blown Carsland. If at all. Things aren't all green and pretty in either park yet.

Now now. It's not funny to, as an "insider", get our fanboi hopes up like that! Personally, I'd see this as a best case scenario.

fosse76

We were just looking at Paradise Pier which I know is more than the good neighbor hotels, but staying on property is just one of those options we do not want to do without.
Why? It's not WDW. There is very little reason to stay at a Disney hotel at DLR. There are plenty of safe, clean hotel options off property that are within walking distance of the parks (a few are even closer to the entrances than the Disney hotels).

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Why? It's not WDW. There is very little reason to stay at a Disney hotel at DLR. There are plenty of safe, clean hotel options off property that are within walking distance of the parks (a few are even closer to the entrances than the Disney hotels).
Because the price difference is not that much for me and I simply want to.

tomman710

Door coaster and RSR.

This is what I want. That is a proper expansion to Pixar Place and should alleviate alot of crowd issues, park issues, and gives TDO a proven commodity and another D-Ticket to market with the release of Monsters University ... now move Laugh Floor over ... retheme HIStK ...

... and of course, take down the hat.

devoy1701

Two things. First, If the difference was $500 on property $50 off property we would not be having this conversation. The difference for me is around $50-$100 per night thanks to being a TA. Second, flying out of Jacksonville sucks and can be costly. Flights from JAX to LAX typically start in the $400 range. To only other option is to drive 2-3 hours one way to Orlando and pay for long term parking. With a party of 4 that can save a decent bit but it is a major freaking hassle. I can drive up to 7 people to WDW for about $60 round trip

Like I have said until I am blue in the face, with my situation my money goes considerably farther at WDW than it does at DL.

Rent a car one way to Orlando International (and on the way back). No Parking fees, and you'll save quite a bit on flights. Thought about flying out of Orlando instead of Tampa a few times because of the same thing, but it's silly for us to rent a car for a one hour trip just to avoid paying the same amount in parking. But for a family of 4, the savings of 4 flights might be well offset for you guys.

devoy1701

I would again stress to anyone thinking about going to Disneyland that Paradise Pier is an Off-Property On-Property resort. It is across the street and a 1/4 mile walk from anything Disney and is nothing like being in Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian. If you really want an on-property experience, do not consider Paradise Pier.

t3techcom18

Like how Space and Splash Mountain have been the last few months?

No, not at all. That's due to a number of factors I won't specify here, at the risk of launching another civil war.

I'm talking about TT's ride system per se. When TT first opened, it went down at least once a day. As the years went by, it's consistency went up little by little but not by much. By the last two months of operation before it closed on April 15th, the building still went down at least once a week, sometimes more depending on how tempermental the system was acting.

Now, add RSR to the mix. It's having nearly the same exact problems as TT is having from opening; albeit, it's also another combination of different factors (track switches, AA issues, effects issues) but the main ride system is pretty much the biggest issue of them all.

To have the same type of ride system that isn't the most reliable and consistent system there is (and remembering both rides would have to go down for weather), would lead to some very interesting scenarios.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Rent a car one way to Orlando International (and on the way back). No Parking fees, and you'll save quite a bit on flights. Thought about flying out of Orlando instead of Tampa a few times because of the same thing, but it's silly for us to rent a car for a one hour trip just to avoid paying the same amount in parking. But for a family of 4, the savings of 4 flights might be well offset for you guys.
The thing is it is not quite a bit all the time. For the 4 of us that average savings is around $200. There are times when that number will go up to around $400 but that is typically when my kids are in school and extended travel is not possible. When I did pricing for June /July in 2013 the flights from JAX were in the $430 range MC0 was about $380.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom