DHS CARS LAND

Taylor

A land based on a Pixar film that takes place in ARIZONA is more suitable for Pixar Place at Disney's Hollywood Studios than at Disney CALIFORNIA Adventure... but Skipper John wanted new toy to play with. :rolleyes:
Radiator Springs is a mish mash of all things you would find on route 66 Arizona,Oklahoma,Texas,and Cali were represented in the movie wasn't in a single state

(before people call me stupid yeah I know route 66 goes through more states)

Radiator Springs is a mish mash of all things you would find on route 66 Arizona,Oklahoma,Texas,and Cali were represented in the movie wasn't in a single state

(before people call me stupid yeah I know route 66 goes through more states)
Although aspects of various locations along Route 66 made it into Radiator Springs, the town most closely resembles Peach Springs... Arizona.

RunnerEd

I'm a little late to the conversation and have just gotten up to speed; I'm in Emergency Management with the National Guard and have been dealing with Isaac. While I'm excited that we're getting CarsLand, my general philosophy on clones is something like this. If California gets a new attraction, it is fair game to clone at all Disney parks EXCEPT WDW unless it is one of those "signature" types that will be cloned or redone at all Disney Parks (TT, HM, Pooh, etc.) Same thing for WDW to DL; they can't have Expedition:Everest. However, an attraction from overseas is fair game for the first US resort that wants it. Paris is getting a Ratatouille E-Ticket; why not that for here. Same for some of Shanghai's stuff for DL but not WDW? It's just a thought to keep each park somewhat unique. WDW or DL may be a once every 5 year or so trip for us but Paris/Tokyo/China may be once or never in a lifetime for many of us.

Californian Elitist

A land based on a Pixar film that takes place in ARIZONA is more suitable for Pixar Place at Disney's Hollywood Studios than at Disney CALIFORNIA Adventure... but Skipper John wanted new toy to play with. :rolleyes:

Ha! Disagreed but okay. Hollywood Studios can't even get its theme right. Is it a Hollywood that never was or a park based on movies? One could definitely find a place that looks like Radiator Springs in Southern California. Not specifically Hollywood though, not to mention the real Pixar Place/Studios is in Frisco, which looks nothing like SoCal.

Ha! Disagreed but okay. Hollywood Studios can't even get its theme right. Is it a Hollywood that never was or a park based on movies? One could definitely find a place that looks like Radiator Springs in Southern California. Not specifically Hollywood though, not to mention the real Pixar Place/Studios is in Frisco, which looks nothing like SoCal.
Just because your identity crisis park just got a makeover doesn't mean you can belittle ours! :p

Taylor

It's both a celebration of movies (gmr star tours 2, TSMM, etc.) and the Hollywood that never was (TOT and the freakin hilarious street actors)

I'm not belittling your park, the truth is the truth. I'm just saying what other WDW goers are saying here. If they're saying it, it must be true.
It is true, but RSR does fit. It had attractions based on films and shows since day one, so why wouldn't such an attraction fit nearly 25 years later?

Taylor

I'm not belittling your park, the truth is the truth. I'm just saying what other WDW goers are saying here. If they're saying it, it must be true.
Alot of the reason some people say that. It was at first a working studio with a good backlot tour now not so much. But that wasn't a big part of the theme like I said celebration of film and Hollywood that never was

Californian Elitist

It is true, but RSR does fit. It had attractions based on films and shows since day one, so why wouldn't such an attraction fit nearly 25 years later?

There's more to Hollywood than just movies. In my opinion the theme has to be more specific. I just looked up the park on the Internet and it says it's supposed to represent Hollywood from the 30's and the 40's. If the concept is focused on the 30's and 40's era, why are the rides based on updated and current content?

flynnibus

Premium Member
There's more to Hollywood than just movies. In my opinion the theme has to be more specific. I just looked up the park on the Internet and it says it's supposed to represent Hollywood from the 30's and the 40's. If the concept is focused on the 30's and 40's era, why are the rides based on updated and current content?

The park was original about movie magic... and celebrating hollywood. The only part of the park that was themed to be constrained to a time/place was the entrance area. The rest of the park was setup to be like a movie studio. Later they added sunset blvd which expanded the themed area.. but the rest of the park still about movie magic. Areas were setup like soundstages, movie lots, etc.

The discussion about DHS and identity is not about things you would be accustomed to for MK/DL, where there is something that looks out of place, etc.. but is about the park continuing to try to be about movie magic and the making of the movies when the studios portion is dead, and most of the movie magic attractions are long gone.. mostly replaced by attractions simply celebrating movie subjects.

Californian Elitist

The park was original about movie magic... and celebrating hollywood. The only part of the park that was themed to be constrained to a time/place was the entrance area. The rest of the park was setup to be like a movie studio. Later they added sunset blvd which expanded the themed area.. but the rest of the park still about movie magic. Areas were setup like soundstages, movie lots, etc.

The discussion about DHS and identity is not about things you would be accustomed to for MK/DL, where there is something that looks out of place, etc.. but is about the park continuing to try to be about movie magic and the making of the movies when the studios portion is dead, and most of the movie magic attractions are long gone.. mostly replaced by attractions simply celebrating movie subjects.

Aaaahhh, okay. Now that makes more sense and I understand now. Thank you for explaining it to me. Based on what you've told me, it sounds like they need to give the park another name.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom