DHS CARS LAND

Spike-in-Berlin

this is a very rough and quick idea of what i see cars land/pixar place doing to hollywood studios. like i said im no planner and this is a bunch of pictures pasted together with some overpatched sketches, but i imagine the entrance to radiator springs will lead to the rest of pixar place, with the new themed bugs life play place. another idea is the paradise falls sky ride over the whole pixar area, which ends in the jungle of "up". removing the little mermaid makes room for the monsters inc. factory including the doors roller coaster. like i said, all for fun.

61168_10151160251451631_864857946_n.jpg

There will be definetely no new skyways in Disney parks, they removed them in the MK and DL all for some pretty good reasons and they will not come back.

hiptwinmama

I don't care how they do it... as long as I get to see Cars Land.
I am in awe with what they built in Ca but would never made the trip there when I can drive to WDW in only 7 hrs. I can't even imagine how much merchandise they are selling there. I know my family could easily drop $100-$150 on merchandise. Imagine how much money PhotoPass could make there too. Cars Land may cost and arm and a leg to build, but the revenue it will generate would be astronomical. Many families budget a half day for DHS, but Cars Land would be a game changer. It would them become a 1 1/2 to 2 day park. At least my family would be there 2 days.

So all you insiders.... now that Avatar is apparently in, does that mean that DHS projects are out, postponed, or still possibly in?

doctornick

So all you insiders.... now that Avatar is apparently in, does that mean that DHS projects are out, postponed, or still possibly in?

The consensus among insiders is that (thankfully) the Pandora project at DAK will not impact implementation of Cars Land at DHS. I do wonder if the scaling back of Pandora to only two attractions is related, however, in that TDO may not have wanted to fund a larger scale project at DAK in addition to the DHS work.

hiptwinmama

The consensus among insiders is that (thankfully) the Pandora project at DAK will not impact implementation of Cars Land at DHS. I do wonder if the scaling back of Pandora to only two attractions is related, however, in that TDO may not have wanted to fund a larger scale project at DAK in addition to the DHS work.

That makes perfect sense, it seems like there is more of an out cry for CS to be built at DHS. Maybe after CS opened they realized that CS at DHS would be a much bigger cash cow than Avatar at AK.

Spike-in-Berlin

I don't think there will be any rides or attractions based on "Up". TDO will not build more than 2 or 3 attractions based on Pixar movies in DHS and these will be based on movies that had a stronger impact on pop culture and especially a longer living legacy due to sequels e.g. Cars and Monsters Inc.

Turtle

I don't think there will be any rides or attractions based on "Up". TDO will not build more than 2 or 3 attractions based on Pixar movies in DHS and these will be based on movies that had a stronger impact on pop culture and especially a longer living legacy due to sequels e.g. Cars and Monsters Inc.
i think that's the sad truth :c

Spike-in-Berlin

i think that's the sad truth :c

Thank you. I also think many commentators are not aware that most Disney movies never spawn off an attraction and that many of the most popular and park-defining attractions in the MK and several other parks are NOT based on Disney movies. HM, PotC, BTMR, Space Mountain etc. are pretty much the heart of MK but all these rides were uniquely designed for the parks without being based on any particular movie. Some of these attractions were so strong and successful that vice versa THEY spawned off movies.
And at the moment there are 51 Disney "classics" and only 13 of them are represented as rides in the Disney park. So it's quite unrealistic to expect that every Pixar movie will spawn a ride.
At the moment I am sure if they expand Pixar Place it will be Cars or Monsters Inc., build even both would already be quite a daunting task for TDO standards because not even the FLE included 2 E-Tickets. Actually not even the FLE does include an E-Ticket because TLM and SDMT are both only strong Ds.

Turtle

Seeing the wonderful work WDI has done with CL in DCA I wonder if they would do dsomething similar with monstropolis instead. After all it wouldn't be a clone and the door coaster could finally be built
The theme could be that the monsters have a human appreciation day where they invite you to their world, to give thanks for powering their city. Streetmosphere would be phenomenal with eyeballs poking out of windows, force-perspective, monster cars parked on the street, and walking characters. At the end of the street you take a right and you will encounter the big factory which houses the door vault coaster, and there would be a Monsters University patio mini-campus with the book store, cafe, and dark-ride.

Attractions:1. The Monsters Inc. Door Vault: Go on a perilous adventure through the Monsters Inc. factory
2. Untitled Monsters University Prank War: When on a tour of the prestigious Monsters University campus you are caught in the midst of a prank-war between college monsters (assuming this is a point in the movie) (Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin 2.0 Technology)
3. The Laugh Floor: Come in and visit the newest factory location for a good old laugh (This would be Laugh Floor 2.0 with more of a story to the visit and also a Mike animatronic)

Dining:1. Harryhausens: Quick-service
2. Monsters Café: Quick-service including hot sludge sundaes, Gross Beef Sandwiches, Chili Cheese Flies, etc. (Main restaurant in new film)

Shopping: 1. The Bookstore: Exit to Monsters University Prank War attraction
2. Untitled MailRoom: Exit shop of the Door Vault
3. Untitled Joke Store: Joke Store

Adam5897

Door Coaster is rumoured to be built alongside Cars Land at DHS!

This excites me more than FLE and Avatat Land combined. A few days ago I was watching Monsters inc and everytime the "door scene" is played I think to myself if disney does not make a suspended rollercoaster themed to this moment they are really missing out because I think It could be one of the best thrills at WDW, right after ToT. DHS really needs to get more thrill rides and emmersive enviornments. ToT was in the right direction And Cars Land shows that it can be done with a great movie like Cars so I really hope if and when TDO revamps DHS its done right because I believe it has the potential to be one of the best parks

Adam5897

I have an idea for that land. There could be a Monsters University Patio with a dark ride themed to a campus golf-cart tour and you get stuck in the midst of the college prank-war using Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin ride technology (Look at Teaser Trailer), the Monsters Cafe which is the main restaurant in the new movie (chili cheese flies, hot sludge sundaes, gross beef sandwiches, etc.), Monsters University bookstore. Laugh Floor could be themed to a second factory of the company opens for the first time which would be 10x enhance with Mike Wazowski animatronic and more of a story to it. The main attraction would be the Door Coaster inside the factory at the end of the street. Streetmosphere would be phenomenal with eyes poking out of windows, forced perspective, an occasional walking creature (similar to Lucky The Dinosaur but less $$), and the theme is "human appreciation day" where monsters invite you to their world to thank you for powering their city

what a great idea! I just love the thought of walking down the street into the factory and entering the factory...but i dont care where this ride is ocated wether it be in the buildint next to toy story or anywhere else in DHS i just want it to be built. Anyways...If the monsters inc coaster was built when do you think it would be open?

Turtle

what a great idea! I just love the thought of walking down the street into the factory and entering the factory...but i dont care where this ride is ocated wether it be in the buildint next to toy story or anywhere else in DHS i just want it to be built. Anyways...If the monsters inc coaster was built when do you think it would be open?

doctornick

Although I don't think we'll get a full blown Monstropolis (a la Cars Land), I hope we might get a mini area themed to Monsters Inc with some street theming. I think that as a film, it would lend itself well to a themed "land" and there's probably enough space to put in more than just the Door Coaster. Harryhausens if it would fit would be good, or even moving Laugh Floor over.

Turtle

But the new film is going to need to make LOTS (350 million?) of money in the box-office for TDO to know a whole land would be as successful as Carsland money wise.

Turtle

Although I don't think we'll get a full blown Monstropolis (a la Cars Land), I hope we might get a mini area themed to Monsters Inc with some street theming. I think that as a film, it would lend itself well to a themed "land" and there's probably enough space to put in more than just the Door Coaster. Harryhausens if it would fit would be good, or even moving Laugh Floor over.
if they're going to put a restaurant, e-ticket, and c-ticket in a "mini-land" they might as well add a Monster University patio with a store, restaurant and another ride, and seal the deal and call it a land. But that's me dreaming lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom