DHS Aerial View

Atomicmickey

Siri/Shazam says it sounds like "Call to Adventure" by Kevin MacLeod. It shows up in an "album" called "Comedy Scoring" but at the moment I can't confirm with a preview for some reason.

That's it, thanks! There's a youtube version of it. I guess it's a (purchaseable) royalty free music clip. Pretty dang good for royalty free. I thought it was park music of some sort!

Bacon

c0ba85f05397408d8986c56b4eb99718.jpg

Bacon

FOR CORRECTION ALL RIGHTS GO TO THE PEOPLE WHO MADE THE MAP I SIMPLY EDITED IT TO MAKE IT MORE UP TO DATE

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
New aerial photos up on blog mickey http://blogmickey.com/2017/09/photo...galaxys-edge-attractions-land-september-2017/.
star-wars-galaxys-edge-air-09202017-12.jpg

Can someone explain to me what's going on with the concrete work, as compared to California, is this area just going to dead space filled with dirt and plants, or is this the queue area at an odd angle because there isn't room to the side to accommodate it as there is in California?

@marni1971 has indicated that the area marked in blue will be part of the queue. I am still unclear on the red part because there doesn't seem to be anyway to access this area.

upload_2017-9-20_16-18-16.png

discos

@marni1971 has indicated that the area marked in blue will be part of the queue. I am still unclear on the red part because there doesn't seem to be anyway to access this area.

View attachment 231878
Maybe the area you've circled in red, as well as the parallel section across from it, will be filled with dirt and foliage planted to hide the tops of buildings in Galaxy's Edge from Grand Avenue?

mbesty

Maybe the area you've circled in red, as well as the parallel section across from it, will be filled with dirt and foliage planted to hide the tops of buildings in Galaxy's Edge from Grand Avenue?

The parallel section across from the red is definitely designated as berm. I think it's safe to assume the red area, given that there's no access, is destined to become berm and landscaping as well, tricky area with all the lands coming together in a tight space, but it's too bad there isn't better use of the dead space though at the back of muppets.

matt9112

The parallel section across from the red is definitely designated as berm. I think it's safe to assume the red area, given that there's no access, is destined to become berm and landscaping as well, tricky area with all the lands coming together in a tight space, but it's too bad there isn't better use of the dead space though at the back of muppets.

yeah if I was Disney I would tuck small shops or interactions into these places...anything really.

Goofyernmost

yeah if I was Disney I would tuck small shops or interactions into these places...anything really.
Landscaping, is part of the land, an important part of the land and probably more important then the individual attractions. Not wasted space. It's like saying that they are wasting space by having a movie theater in a building. They could put so many more people in without that waste of space.

matt9112

Landscaping, is part of the land, an important part of the land and probably more important then the individual attractions. Not wasted space. It's like saying that they are wasting space by having a movie theater in a building. They could put so many more people in without that waste of space.

true but in this context of the (red outlined area) it's easily feasible to use that space and theme and landscape on top of it. modern engineering allows this. sure maybe it's not needed but if they expect to compete with the current (best themed area in orlando) they need to tuck cool things in every corner. eye candy alone isn't going to break ground. hogsmead had eye candy. that's all my point was.

doctornick

One question: where would Buzz/Woody meet, since their meet will be closed off when TSL opens?

I too have wondered that. We haven't seen any clear areas confirmed for that purpose, but it would seem surprising to not have M&G's in the area. If anything I'd have thought there would be more M&G's in TSL than currently (say, one with Buzz and a seperate one with Woody and Jessie).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom