Deustchland Meets Disneyland (or "My Idea For a Disneyland Resort In Germany)

mharrington

Original Poster
Thanks for your responses! But I have a question: I'm having a difficult time with my fireworks show. Can anyone tell me what I should do there?

mharrington

Original Poster
Oh, yeah, I have a rough image of what Schloss Cinderella (AKA Cinderella Castle) will look like. It was actually "copied" from a thread in which another forum member created his own Disney park concept for Sydney, Australia! Anyway, here's the link to the picture: http://img161.imageshack.us/my.php?image=schlosscinderellaaq5.jpg.

Anywho, what do you think? My park is set in Germany as you all know. And since Germany is in Europe, where Gothic castles are the norm, I wanted the castle to have the storybook feel just like Disneyland Paris' castle. By the same token, however, I also wanted it to remain as true to the original WDW castle as possible. So that's how I developed the best of both worlds.

What do you think again?

mharrington

Original Poster
With the exceptions of the parades, I'm having a tough time trying to figure what live entertainment to have in my park. Can anyone provide me with some ideas? I think I have one idea, based on Disneyland Paris' old Mickey's Magical Book show, but that's pretty much it.

mharrington

Original Poster
As I mentioned before, when this park opens, there will be less attractions than Disneyland Paris, but a lot more than Hong Kong Disneyland. I'm thinking of maybe going with the way Tokyo Disneyland opened in 1983. Here's the link to the specific attraction roster from back then:

http://www.resortathome.com/insidetdr/attraction1983.html

Maybe this list will help decide what to include on opening day, because I'm having difficulty trying to decide...

Perhaps it would be best if I wrote it out for you. Anywho, here's the Tokyo Disneyland attraction roster from when it opened in 1983:

World Bazaar
  • Main Street Cinema
  • Penny Arcade
  • Omnibus
  • Fire Engine
  • Horseless Carriage

Adventureland
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Western River Railroad
  • Enchanted Tiki Room

Westernland
  • Westernland Shootin’ Gallery
  • Country Bear Jamboree
  • Diamond Horseshoe Revue
  • Mark Twain Riverboat
  • Tom Sawyer Island Rafts
  • Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes

Fantasyland
  • Peter Pan's Flight
  • Snow White's Adventures
  • The Mickey Mouse Revue
  • Pinocchio's Daring Journey
  • Dumbo The Flying Elephant
  • Cinderella's Golden Carrousel
  • Haunted Mansion
  • It's a Small World
  • Skyway To Tomorrowland

Tomorrowland
  • Meet the World
  • Magic Carpet Round the World
  • Space Mountain
  • The Eternal Sea
  • Starcade
  • Star Jets
  • Skyway To Fantasyland
  • Grand Circuit Raceway

Now here's the full attraction roster for Disneyland Berlin.

Main Street U.S.A.
  • Disneyland Railroad
  • The Disney Gallery
  • Fire Truck
  • Horse-Drawn Trolley
  • Paddy Wagon
  • Omnibus
  • Phantom Manor

Frontierland
  • Admiral Joe Fowler Riverboat
  • Big Thunder Mountain
  • Country Bear Jamboree
  • Mark Twain Riverboat
  • Outlaw Roundup Shootin' Gallery
  • River Pirate Keelboats
  • Splash Mountain

Adventureland
  • Adventure Isle
  • Das Dschungel-Touren
  • Die Fliegen-Teppiche von Aladdin
  • Indiana Jones Adventures: Temple of the Fire Snake
  • Raging Spirits
  • Tarzans Baum-Haus

Fantasyland
  • Die Abenteuer von Pinocchio
  • Die Abenteuer von Winnie Puuh
  • Alice Im Wunderland
  • Alice's Tea Cups
  • Cinderella Karussell
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • Der Honigbaum
  • "it's a small world"
  • Mickys PhilharMagie
  • Peter Pan's Flight
  • Schloss Cinderella
  • Schneewittchen und die Sieben Zwerge

Toon-Town
  • Chip und Chaps Baum-Haus
  • Donalds Boot
  • Goofys Motor Mania
  • Der Haus der Supergenie Primus Von Quack
  • Mickys Toll Ebenen
  • Mickys Wunder Haus
  • Minnis Schonheit Haus
  • Plutos Endstuck-Umdrehung
  • Toon-Town Hall of Fame
  • Toon-Town Hochstrasse
  • Tick, Trick und Tracks Walze Derbies

Discoveryland
  • 20,000 Meilen Unter dem Meer
  • Brava Centauri Arcade
  • Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast
  • Cosmic Highway
  • Laugh Floor Comedy Club
  • Orbitron
  • Space Mountain
  • Star Tours
  • Stitch Encounter
  • Tron 4D

With the above list in mind, can you explain to me which ones should open with the park on opening day and which ones should be opened at later dates? Because I don't want them all to open; I want there to be less opening day attractions than Disneyland Paris, but a whole lot more than Hong Kong Disneyland. Can anyone make any recommendations? I was considering having either Big Thunder or Space to be open (only one of those should be open). And which one do you think should open first, Pirates or Phantom Manor? I myself am considering Pirates, but maybe you can think of something.

mharrington

Original Poster
What do you think of these companies for sponsors?
  • Coca-Cola (Official soft drink sponsor of Disneyland Berlin)
  • Esso (Official gasoline sponsor of Disneyland Berlin)
  • Hasbro (Official toy sponsor of Disneyland Berlin)
  • Hertz (Official rent-a-car sponsor of Disneyland Berlin)
  • Kodak (Official camera and film sponsor of Disneyland Berlin)
  • Lufthansa (Official airline sponsor of Disneyland Berlin)
  • Nestlé (Official snack sponsor of Disneyland Berlin)
  • Opel (and) Vauxhall (Official car sponsor of Disneyland Berlin)
  • Siemens (Official electronics sponsor of Disneyland Berlin)

Can you think of any other sponsors? I'm thinking of using Siemens as the sponsor for Small World.

Figment fan

Those sponsors are good, mharrington, but has Disney ever had a car sponsor? Anyway, you are a very dedicated person on this. Well done!

For the fireworks show, how about doing a version of Wishes! or Remember... Dreams Come True or something like that. As I said in my Park thread, you could always use my version of Fantasmic! if you want to. But it's up to you, mharrrington!

mharrington

Original Poster
Those sponsors are good, mharrington, but has Disney ever had a car sponsor? Anyway, you are a very dedicated person on this. Well done!

Maybe not in the States, but they do in the international parks. For example, Nissan is the sponsor for Tokyo's Splash Mountain. And Opel is a sponsor at Disneyland Paris, although for a while it was Renault. And I think Hong Kong's car sponsor is Honda, possibly for Autopia.

mharrington

Original Poster
For the fireworks show, how about doing a version of Wishes! or Remember... Dreams Come True or something like that.

Those are some pretty good ideas, but I would like something original. Don't get me wrong, Wishes! is a good idea, but it's already been duplicated at another resort; otherwise, I would've gone with this. Remember... is more of a historic-type Disneyland show. Maybe I could use Disney In the Sky, the fireworks show at Hong Kong.

mharrington

Original Poster
Oh, and just so you know, save for Alice Im Wunderland, the other FYL dark rides to be found at Disneyland Berlin, Peter Pan, Pinocchio, Snow White and Winnie the Pooh, will all be like the respective versions found in Florida. In the case of Peter Pan, it will feature the four-passenger capacity of France. And the Pinocchio ride will be the version I have thought up for Florida. You can read about it by clicking here.

Also, expect some pics soon... :animwink:

Figment fan

Expect some pics soon... :animwink:

Woah! I'm looking forward to it!

Anyway, here's an idea you could use in Adventureland in your park - The Magic Carpet Adventures of Aladdin is a simulator ride. This is how it would go:

You could be on your way to the Sultan's palace for a grand tour, and when you arrive, you get into your four-people carpet. Then Genie appears and sends the carpet hurtling down into the streets of Agrabar, before getting back on track. However, just then red clouds appear, and to make matters worse, Jafar stands at the top of them. He yells at Genie for getting in his way for too long, and zaps him away. Luckily, Aladdin and co. appear to save you, but he traps them in a force field. He aims his cobra staff at you, and sends you to the other ends of the earth.

However, when you get there, Genie reappears, and then we hurtle back to Agrabar in a sudden dash of speed. Jafar now stands on top of the destroyed palace, and is about to fire his cobra staff at you, when Aladdin knocks it out of his hand. Just then, we are told to distract Jafar long enough for Aladdin, Abu, Jasmine and Iago to get the lamp. We circle round Jafar always evading the blasts from his cobra staff. Eventually, Aladdin gets the lamp and sucks Jafar into it, turning Agrabar back to normal.

You then are sent back to the sultan's palace, where the heroes congratulate you for defeating Jafar and saving Agrabar. After leaving the ride vehicle, you exit back into Adventureland.

Is that allright for you, mharrington?

mharrington

Original Poster
Anyway, here's an idea you could use in Adventureland in your park - The Magic Carpet Adventures of Aladdin is a simulator ride. This is how it would go:

You could be on your way to the Sultan's palace for a grand tour, and when you arrive, you get into your four-people carpet. Then Genie appears and sends the carpet hurtling down into the streets of Agrabar, before getting back on track. However, just then red clouds appear, and to make matters worse, Jafar stands at the top of them. He yells at Genie for getting in his way for too long, and zaps him away. Luckily, Aladdin and co. appear to save you, but he traps them in a force field. He aims his cobra staff at you, and sends you to the other ends of the earth.

However, when you get there, Genie reappears, and then we hurtle back to Agrabar in a sudden dash of speed. Jafar now stands on top of the destroyed palace, and is about to fire his cobra staff at you, when Aladdin knocks it out of his hand. Just then, we are told to distract Jafar long enough for Aladdin, Abu, Jasmine and Iago to get the lamp. We circle round Jafar always evading the blasts from his cobra staff. Eventually, Aladdin gets the lamp and sucks Jafar into it, turning Agrabar back to normal.

You then are sent back to the sultan's palace, where the heroes congratulate you for defeating Jafar and saving Agrabar. After leaving the ride vehicle, you exit back into Adventureland.

Is that allright for you, mharrington?

Maybe I could replace the carpet ride I have now with this idea. Thanks.

Also, expect some pics soon...
Actually, believe it or not, there actually is a pic up here already. It's not mine, but it should give you an idea of what to expect here. It's of Schloss Cinderella (or Cinderella Castle). To view the image of the castle, click here.

What do you think?

mharrington

Original Poster
Oh, and just so you know, save for Alice Im Wunderland, the other FYL dark rides to be found at Disneyland Berlin, Peter Pan, Pinocchio, Snow White and Winnie the Pooh, will all be like the respective versions found in Florida. In the case of Peter Pan, it will feature the four-passenger capacity of France. And the Pinocchio ride will be the version I have thought up for Florida. You can read about it by clicking here.

In regards to the Peter Pan ride, the music will be exactly the same as in Florida and Japan. Click here at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIfPIoo14kE to listen to a sample. This is the music heard during the London and Neverland fly-overs.

mharrington

Original Poster
I have one live show planned out, more or less, to be played at the Storybook Theatre at Disneyland Berlin's Fantasyland; Mickys Magisch-Buch, a somewhat modified version of Le Livre Magique de Mickey that ran at Disneyland Paris from 1992-1997. Those of you not familiar with this show, it involved Mickey opening a giant storybook which opened into various Disney fairtytale cartoon acts.

However, there will be a few differences. Other than obviously using German instead of French, this show will have all of the "Big 5" (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto) instead of just Mickey in the opening segment, and bumpers in between each fairytale act. Like Le Livre Magique de Mickey, Mickys Magisch-Buch will be broken up into main segments, each telling a different story, with different sets of characters, only instead of three main segments, there will be four. Here is what I have so far:

The opening segment will feature 4 of "Big 5" (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy), and a bit comical opening at that. Eventually, each of them tries to open the book, but to no avail. Then Pluto runs in from backstage frantically with Mickey's Sorcerer hat and cape. With that, Mickey realizes that magic is needed to open up the book and start the show, so he puts on his hat and cape, and magically opens the book, which starts our show.

In between acts, Mickey and the gang return in "bumpers" to separate each act, and offer a little more fun and humor with the "Big 5".

There are four acts in the show, each represented by a different Disney film.

Finally, we have the grand finale, with all the characters together like in Le Livre Magique de Mickey had at Disneyland Paris' show.

I'm having difficulties deciding which movies should be used as acts; can anyone lend a hand?

mharrington

Original Poster
Just as Hong Kong Disneyland opened as part of Disneyland's 50th anniversary on September 12, 2005, Disneyland Berlin will open as part of Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary on September 10, 2021. How's that for a good opening day?

Figment fan

Disneyland Berlin will open as part of Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary on September 10, 2021.

It's a bit far off, but still a good idea for an opening date.

Also, nice logo for the park as well. In regards to your idea for the live castle show, the four acts should be as follows:

1. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
2. Pinnochio
3. The Little Mermaid
4. Beauty and the Beast

But you can use what you want if you like.

mharrington

Original Poster
It's a bit far off, but still a good idea for an opening date.

Also, nice logo for the park as well. In regards to your idea for the live castle show, the four acts should be as follows:

1. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
2. Pinnochio
3. The Little Mermaid
4. Beauty and the Beast

But you can use what you want if you like.

Great, those are perfect! Thanks a bunch.

mharrington

Original Poster
Here's the full attraction roster for Disneyland Berlin.

Main Street U.S.A.
  • Disneyland Railroad
  • The Disney Gallery
  • Fire Truck
  • Horse-Drawn Trolley
  • Paddy Wagon
  • Omnibus
  • Phantom Manor

Frontierland
  • Admiral Joe Fowler Riverboat
  • Big Bear Explorer Canoes
  • Big Thunder Mountain
  • Country Bear Jamboree
  • Mark Twain Riverboat
  • Outlaw Roundup Shootin' Gallery
  • Splash Mountain

Adventureland
  • Adventure Isle
  • Das Dschungel-Touren
  • Die Fliegen-Teppiche von Aladdin
  • Indiana Jones Adventures: Temple of the Fire Snake
  • Raging Spirits
  • Tarzans Baum-Haus

Fantasyland
  • Die Abenteuer von Pinocchio
  • Die Abenteuer von Winnie Puuh
  • Alice Im Wunderland
  • Alice's Tea Cups
  • Cinderella Karussell
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • Der Honigbaum
  • "it's a small world"
  • Mickys PhilharMagie
  • Peter Pan's Flight
  • Schloss Cinderella
  • Schneewittchen und die Sieben Zwerge

Toon-Town
  • Chip und Chaps Baum-Haus
  • Donalds Boot
  • Goofys Motor Mania
  • Der Haus der Supergenie Primus Von Quack
  • Mickys Toll Ebenen
  • Mickys Wunder Haus
  • Minnis Schonheit Haus
  • Plutos Endstuck-Umdrehung
  • Toon-Town Hall of Fame
  • Toon-Town Hochstrasse
  • Tick, Trick und Tracks Walze Derbies

Discoveryland
  • 20,000 Meilen Unter dem Meer
  • Brava Centauri Arcade
  • Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast
  • Cosmic Highway
  • Laugh Floor Comedy Club
  • Orbitron
  • Space Mountain
  • Star Tours
  • Stitch Encounter
  • Tron 4D

That's the full attraction roster, but not all the attractions listed will be open on opening day. However, I don't have any idea which attractions to have and which to have open a later date. Can you maybe give me a hand here? Here's what you can do: anything that should not open on opening day September 10, 2021, put in bold and anything that should leave unbold. Just so you know, I'm planning on having less attractions than Disneyland Paris on opening day, but MUCH more than Hong Kong Disneyland; I'm going with the tactic of Tokyo Disneyland.

mharrington

Original Poster
Nice opening roster, mharrington! Hope to see loads more good things from your park!

Yes, but I'm trying to figure out which attractions to omit from the opening day roster and which ones to keep in. For instance, I'm thinking of having Big Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain being the opening day mountains (and Space Mountain open at a later date) and I'm having a hard time trying to decided which attraction to have open as well, Pirates or Phantom Manor. Can anyone give me a hand with which attractions in the full attraction roster should be included on opening day and which ones should be withheld until a later date. Also, if only one could open first, which one should it be, Pinocchio or Snow White? I know for a fact that Peter Pan WILL open on opening day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom