News Destination D23 2023

Figments Friend

Yep.

I told you guys there was no way in Hades we would hear anything about the Imagination Pavilion getting any love.

One does have to find it interesting that todays Disney promotes and exploits the Figment character every way possible, and the yet the Attraction that he is housed in is totally ignored by management.
You would think they would want to invest in a more imaginative experience to keep the ball rolling….but, nope.

This all just proves that the staying power of the character traces directly back to the Original Attraction’s inspirational power and GENUIS.
There has never been anything like it before or since.
The character lives on….

-

lazyboy97o

The problem is that many, including inside Disney, expect Epic Universe to lead to increased attendance at MK at the same time. While they can get by without it, it would be ideal to have some additional capacity added in time for EU.
But to truly handle increased demand the new capacity cannot induce demand. They need small scale additions, not something big and grand.

mattpeto

Yep.

I told you guys there was no way in Hades we would hear anything about the Imagination Pavilion getting any love.

One does have to find it interesting that todays Disney promotes and exploits the Figment character every way possible, and the yet the Attraction that he is housed in is totally ignored by management.
You would think they would want to invest in a more imaginative experience to keep the ball rolling….but, nope.

This all just proves that the staying power of the character traces directly back to the Original Attraction’s inspirational power and GENUIS.
The character lives on….

-

We had so much cut from the last round and the Imagination Pavilion didn't even seem part of the master plan.
  1. Festival Pavilion
  2. Mary Poppins
  3. PLAY! Pavilion
  4. Spaceship Earth Refurb
After December, they are clearly done with Epcot for now. The only reason why Test Track will get love is because of the sponsorship funding.

Where is Kodak when you need it?

Jrb1979

We had so much cut from the last round and the Imagination Pavilion didn't even seem part of the master plan.
  1. Festival Pavilion
  2. Mary Poppins
  3. PLAY! Pavilion
  4. Spaceship Earth Refurb
After December, they are clearly done with Epcot for now. The only reason why Test Track will get love is because of the sponsorship funding.

Where is Kodak when you need it?
Test Track getting love cause of sponsorship tells they don't have the money to spend on doing any of that.

It's why they keep selling people on these blue sky ideas that will never happen.

TheMaxRebo

To answer the question posed, the line was gigantic and snaked around the interior of the building.
It was difficult to find the end!

-

Yeah, I heard from some on attendance that line management was pretty poor and then a lot of people were left still in line and didn't get to meet him in the end which is frustrating

Tha Realest

Yeah, I heard from some on attendance that line management was pretty poor and then a lot of people were left still in line and didn't get to meet him in the end which is frustrating
And then, they apparently exited the park and didn’t have resort transportation unless staying at the Contemporary or GF

Figments Friend

Good morning, from the Contemporary Resort!

On to Day 3….

IMG_2039.jpeg

Chip Chipperson

And now a complaint….
Need to vent about what was a little perplexing about the evening.

So at tonight’s Epcot after party for the D23 attendees, they put on a nice party for us.
Big bash in the World Showcase building, after hours access to three Attractions in Future World…er…I mean World Celebration, and food and goodies galore.
Good stuff, a lot of fun.

However…
Once the midnight event concluded for the night, they only provided transportation to the Contemporary and the Grand Floridian….NONE of the other Resorts.
Um, yeah……
This was a problem.
How were all of these attendees like your fellow dragon here supposed to get back to their Resort hotel when the Disney bus service is done for the night?

They noted in the event information that folks can just grab a Uber or hire a Minnie Van…but some of us aren’t able to do this and many attendees were left potentially ‘stranded’ at the Park and very confused.
I was lucky as my cohort in D23 adventure this weekend was able to call a cab for us.
If I was on my own, I would have literally been stranded there.

I would think that if the D23 folks were planning on this after hours event for attendees they would have arranged some type of adequate transport back to the various Disney Resort hotels.
I can’t be the only one at the event that was not staying at the Contemp or Grand Flo!

-
That really stinks. I know from recent experience that the Minnie Van service is often shut down by midnight with very few available as that time approaches, so telling people at midnight that they can get a Minnie Van is either total cluelessness on their part or an intentionally misleading statement. It sounds like they assumed most people not staying at those resorts would drive to Contemporary and failed to consider any other possibility.

Figments Friend

I am here at the event, and the entire floor of the panel room is covered in yellow star confetti….

Must have been part of the ‘Wish’ presentation.
I was not here for the Studios panel…so missed it.

-

HuckleBerryFin

I wonder if Disney has ever approached Fujifilm, Sony, or any other tech related company that is involved with photography to find a sponsorship for Imagination.

Clearly the Test Track retheme is mostly being done due to the sponsored funding behind it.

Is SSE and JII lacking a sponsor really that important for the company to move forward?

TheMaxRebo

I wonder if Disney has ever approached Fujifilm, Sony, or any other tech related company that is involved with photography to find a sponsorship for Imagination.

or something that involves creativity more broadly than photography ... not to ignite the Apple rumors but having Apple sponsor it with focus on iMovie or the film making with iPhones and stuff could be a good match

DC0703

Clearly the Test Track retheme is mostly being done due to the sponsored funding behind it.

Is SSE and JII lacking a sponsor really that important for the company to move forward?

I'm fairly certain that Disney's marketing department has been very aggressive in trying to get sponsors over the years. They don't simply wait for companies to come to them.

Regarding your second question, having a sponsor isn't a necessity for a ride overhaul, but it helps prioritize it. In other words, in the queue line of Disney's upcoming projects, having a sponsor is like having a fastpass - it often brings it to the front of the line.

FigmentFan82

Reminder that the prevailing thought here is that expansion/transformation for DAK and MK is most likely a go, the exact concepts are still in flux.

Something will happen in Dinoland and Beyond Bug Thunder, but what it will be remains to be seen.

RobbinsDad

Yep.

The character lives on….

-
I was thinking about this the other day. How hard would it be for Pixar to create a Dreamfinder/Figment short (15-20 minutes or so) that played in the IP theater? Seems like an easy way to make fans happy and greatly enhance the pavilion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom