News Destination D23 2023

Disstevefan1

Whatever they decide to do beyond thunder mountain I can’t get excited about because we are a minimum of 7 years away whatever will be opening there.

Projects big or small are taking longer and longer and now with CFTOD involved it’s going to take even longer.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Used to be one of our favorite restaurants the pricing of the prefixe is a challenge for us especially now that two of my kids are "Disney Adults"

Miss getting a bunch of flat breads, sushi, and apps and just sharing things.
For sure. Overwhelming guest reaction is negative. But today $$ matters more for Disney.

TheMaxRebo

You literally just explained exactly why they did it.

They don’t want families sharing apps and taking up a table when we you can sell out the restaurant forcing them all to pay full rip for multiple courses of increasingly mediocre food.

Oh, I get why they do it ... but it has resulted in a restaurant we used to do quite often to no longer do .... but if they are still filling it up obviously don't need me and we will eat elsewhere or save it for a Date Night or something

Fordlover

They’re in a bit of a bind

They had zero intention of adding anything for a decade after the last couple of years of slow roll openings

Bobism…

But the business is in trouble…Bob is in Trouble…and significant economic issues are hanging over all of it.

I don’t think they can afford it considering the stock pressure they’re under either.

But they caused it all. Bad management philosophy for way too long. You reap what you sow
You sure? I've been assured by several people on this forum that the company is in great shape, and there is no risk to the business. D+ tis but a scratch and will definitely be profitable by October*. Stock is preparing for a massive jump (off a cliff). The Studio side is about to hit an unprecedented string of box office hits. The Parks can be ran into the ground and people will still go.... Actually this one is probably true.

*October of 2032

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You sure? I've been assured by several people on this forum that the company is in great shape, and there is no risk to the business. D+ tis but a scratch and will definitely be profitable by October*. Stock is preparing for a massive jump (off a cliff). The Studio side is about to hit an unprecedented string of box office hits. The Parks can be ran into the ground and people will still go.... Actually this one is probably true.

*October of 2032
…I’m sure…
That they are wrong.

That is the current conditions. And a rebound right now is not indicated

csmat99

The only thing that could potentially increase capacity at WDW is the BeyondThunder *Blue Sky* "announcement."

Everything else is a reskin/retheme/redo.

And while I will take any extra capacity they are offering (kind offering something that might happen at some point in maybe the next decade or so?), it is malpractice not to increase capacity at MGM or AK!
I agree but just to have more space won't help with capacity issues. They must have at least two big rides in that area. Or they didn't learn their lesson from Little mermaid.

csmat99

So they’ve nixed the Zootopia land altogether and sticking a show in to replace its tough to be a Bug? Not sure how that’s going to work.

I’ve heard the track layout is the same as dinosaur but they won’t be able to clone it will they? Doesn’t the Indy ride have a massive hall area with different levels?

Encanto makes sense in this South America area but there was never mention of a ride for that land? So again, a nice update to the area but it doesn’t add capacity.

For behind BTM they are better off making the whole area a Villians land.

I dont doubt that they will be adding the most additions than they have ever done but when it’s all spread out over the international parks too, while more than Epic universal is adding with 1 park, it won’t feel significant enough in WDW whatever they add.

Edit: also I know I am alone in thinking this but I guarantee that Disney are letting the right side of Hollywood studios (animation courtyard, RnR etc) have a slow death for when they will probably get the rights to Marvel in the parks when that whole area will be come an Avengers Campus
They will never get the rights to Avengers unless they want to overpay Comcast 3-4 times over.

csmat99

…I’m sure…
That they are wrong.

That is the current conditions. And a rebound right now is not indicated
I think the fact they basically punted again with Blue sky for two major developments does give weight to the fact Iger came back only to stabilize and then sell to Apple. The big question then does Apple want anything to do with the parks or they would just sell them off.

UNCgolf

Even if Disney ever does get Marvel rights back in Florida, they probably won't be interested in building an Avengers area. They'll want something newer -- it could still be Marvel if something like X-Men take off, though.

I wouldn't be holding my breath for them to get those Marvel rights, though.

MagicHappens1971

I think the fact they basically punted again with Blue sky for two major developments does give weight to the fact Iger came back only to stabilize and then sell to Apple. The big question then does Apple want anything to do with the parks or they would just sell them off.
One of my many problems with this whole “theory” is who is going to buy the parks?

doctornick

I could see a compromise/trade being made with SImpsons IP or other IPs being involved
If there were ever a “deal” for Marvel rights in Florida, I’m certain it would involve sharing the rights to the characters not Uni giving them up. There’s no realistic way that it makes sense for Uni to willingly lose the rights and have to spend a bunch just to retheme the area.

But Uni being willing to share the rights (or at least give Disney access to additional characters) could at least be conceivable even if still unlikely.

In the Parks
No
1694473758272.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom