News Destination D23 2023

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Indeed, they reference the Northern part of South America and the Southern part of Central America settling on calling it the Tropical Americas.

Remember, the park is secretly and actually Disney's Jungle Kingdom.

I know it's a very unpopular opinion but I do think they did themselves a disservice by calling it Animal Kingdom as anything they add that doesn't fit that exactly gets bashed.

If it was "Disney Adventure Kingdom" (realizing they wouldn't be naming too close to Islands of Adventure) or something similar, but mostly animal based (like having a tagline of some kind) it would have given them more leeway.

UNCgolf

We're in an airport to ride a hang glider that traverses hundreds or thousands of miles.

None of it makes sense.

That's a different argument. I wasn't talking about the conceit of the ride itself making any sense -- just that a ride about flying around world locations makes more sense in EPCOT than a ride that takes place entirely in California.

Although in the Land location, it's a bit strange that it focuses so much on manmade landmarks and not just different natural environments.

Last edited:

Epcot81Fan

I know it's a very unpopular opinion but I do think they did themselves a disservice by calling it Animal Kingdom as anything they add that doesn't fit that exactly gets bashed.

If it was "Disney Adventure Kingdom" (realizing they wouldn't be naming too close to Islands of Adventure) or something similar, but mostly animal based (like having a tagline of some kind) it would have given them more leeway.
Just go the full way and call all four parks “Magic Kingdom North, South, East, and West” and then you won’t have to be bothered by all of this needlessly limiting “theming”.

WaltsTreasureChest

Ooh you said the word! Another shot for @Brian
IMG_8638.gif

celluloid

Killing the island would hurt capacity? Don't the rafts have an hourly cap of like 300? Certainly whatever they add beyond thunder would have significantly more interest and likely capacity than Tom sawyer island
Huh? With both rafts operating as intended it is well over a thousand.

surfsupdon

What are the unannounced projects? Can someone announce them, please?!

I’m hoping for the island of Barbados at CBR to receive a new paint scheme so it is not identical to Trinidad! C’mon Disney!!

James Alucobond

What are the unannounced projects? Can someone announce them, please?!
I am certain things would have been said by now if they could have been. But ... if something's actually close to completion and we're not just talking about shovels going in the ground, perhaps it's in reference to entertainment? I think it's been suggested quite a few times that new parades and whatnot are on the horizon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom