News Destination D23 2023

trainplane3

Loaded down with more free giveaways…and this is NICE STUFF….

Currently was just given a large Figment figure…very cutesy…very kwai-ish….
Entire ballroom seating is covered in this large boxed figures.
Wow…nice surprise for this Figment fan.

I can see the eBay flippers going nuts over these….already seeing people taking more then one of these.
Saw a group of eight people with two each, and one woman with two plus a plastic bag full of four more.
🤔
These are supposed to be for all attendees…and I can help but some will miss out.
RIGHT NOW, if you want one….you need to be in the National Geographic oanel.
I think they are using these to lure fans into this panel.

Pix of the figure are probably already out there….(and likely already in eBay…I will take pix later.

Really nice giveaways.
I think this is where the $320 went to….
-
I saw somewhere else it was this one:
1694283672558.png

I'm guessing they didn't sell too well honestly.

LSLS

So, 2 rethemes, a bar, the opening date for an animatronic that was announced last year, a theater show, and another blue sky concept? Is that essentially the recap? So potentially 3 more things shut down for a year plus for retheming and maybe something new if they don't have a change for that area next year?

celluloid

Universal has three months free still in all Annual Pass tiers and you could renew and add on EPIC when the resort expands in less than two years. After that research and see if you care to get a WDW AP again.

Visit the other three of the Top Ten thebe parks that Josh Mentioned by attendance ranking, but not nabe.

Disney Analyst

Now that I’ve slept more I can reflect better.

Given this is a Destination D23 event, there was certainly more shared than I guess we’ve had before.

They did confirm the AK dinoland redo, even if we don’t know that Encanto or Indy will happen (I feel they would). And that looks great. A huge improvement.

They also confirmed that Beyond Big Thunder is indeed still a thing, and I am hopeful this means they will go all in on the villains.

tanc

Bruce Vaughn is definitely a divine intervention for the direction of Animal Kingdom. I could not imagine how much the previous plans were being pushed until he came back. I think central America has been a very wanted location for a long time, and it only makes way more sense to add it than any other land.

DisneyDebRob

So, 2 rethemes, a bar, the opening date for an animatronic that was announced last year, a theater show, and another blue sky concept? Is that essentially the recap? So potentially 3 more things shut down for a year plus for retheming and maybe something new if they don't have a change for that area next year?
That is correct. A lot of “imagine this” and What if’s”. Just enough to get people talking and thinking and in my opinion a year from now it all goes by the wayside. Except for the re themes maybe and the new show, or update for CBJ. Not much money to put out and it will keep the diehards interested in the “new” things.

TheMaxRebo

After a few hours to process everything - my biggest takeaway is that I still didn't get a sense of urgency from them - no timeframe on any of the Dinoland stuff, still nothing that we know of to come in 2025, taking 14 months to get an animatronic in the HM (totally missing Halloween, etc) ....

BUT I do like some of the stuff directionally. I like that it is now a geographic themed land that has IP in it for AK (vs random IP mini lands) I like that they aren't getting rid of the Country Bears, I like that they are updating TT, I like the name of the new show at Epcot, etc ...

... so guess I am feeling a little more hopeful but also more frustrated at the same time 😂

Tha Realest

After a few hours to process everything - my biggest takeaway is that I still didn't get a sense of urgency from them - no timeframe on any of the Dinoland stuff, still nothing that we know of to come in 2025, taking 14 months to get an animatronic in the HM (totally missing Halloween, etc) ....

BUT I do like some of the stuff directionally. I like that it is now a geographic themed land that has IP in it for AK (vs random IP mini lands) I like that they aren't getting rid of the Country Bears, I like that they are updating TT, I like the name of the new show at Epcot, etc ...

... so guess I am feeling a little more hopeful but also more frustrated at the same time 😂
Pretty soon the Dusters are going to say, “It’s smart to let Universal have 2025. Let’s save our powder for 2026 and beyond…”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom