Destination D23 2021

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Whether the Chapek thing was true or not, the way Disney’s PR responded was shocking. Seems very off-brand for them to even comment on something like this.

Well... remember this?

"A little birdie told us there are some rumors flying around about our beloved Tiki birds at Walt Disney World Resort. We’re sorry that our fans are being fed incorrect information by unscrupulous sources. While “toucan” play at that game, we deal in facts here at the Disney Parks Blog. Although we won’t address every rumor, we want to set the record straight: there are no plans for our feathered friends to fly the coop any time soon"

Cmdr_Crimson

Whether the Chapek thing was true or not, the way Disney’s PR responded was shocking. Seems very off-brand for them to even comment on something like this.
I'm sure the fans would LOVE to see him...
tumblr_p285ddFvaE1vbcnq8o1_400.gifv

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
A hopeful moment of Schadenfreude doesn't make a baseless speculation (by a site that declares itself at war with Disney) true.

The D23 crowd are hyped about Disney. Things announced in the past that left most of us on this forum puzzled or saddened got big cheers at D23.

As long as Chapek doesn't announce any bad news, he'd be cheered over and over again for any good news. Announce FoF return date? Cheers. Announce a night parade? Cheers. Show off footage of Cosmic Rewind? Cheers.

Then he leaves the stage not mentioning DG+ or ILL or trams.

No boos.
You're forgetting the part where he's introduced and walks across the stage. Not even a swell of orchestral backing music could hide the boos.

doctornick

She would've said the same. Maybe worse
I don’t think so. I don’t know anyone personally, but as just a person looking from the outside, there’s been a distinctive change in PR since Chapek has been around. I know Zenia has her detractors here but it always seemed to me that Disney did a great job of “controlling the narrative” under her guidance while still maintaining a positive and respectful treatment of their fan base.

ImperfectPixie

I don’t think so. I don’t know anyone personally, but as just a person looking from the outside, there’s been a distinctive change in PR since Chapek has been around. I know Zenia has her detractors here but it always seemed to me that Disney did a great job of “controlling the narrative” under her guidance while still maintaining a positive and respectful treatment of their fan base.
She was also very good at making sure none of the poop flung by the fanbase actually stuck to Iger.

Lilofan

Iger's inner circle is leaving at the end of 2021. Loyal to him were Zenia the top communications chief and Braveman , the top legal guy. All including Iger are leaving at the end of the year.

jpinkc

So they responded to a rumor about why the CEO won't be at D23 but haven't said anything to try to clean up the bad press from the CFO's comments about cutting portion sizes being "good for some guests' waistlines?"
Of course not they want to spread some Pixie Dust to make it all go away.............. Until they tell us all the new things we are getting, which never seem to arrive as promised or on the time they project..............

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This thread shows what an isolated bubble this forum lives in.

The general public knows nothing of an off-putting attempt at a joke by the CFO at a quarterly call.

D23 isn't a quarterly or stockholder meeting with questions being asked (wait until the beginning of 2022 for that).

If you think that people who are paying big bucks to hobnob with Disney bigwigs at D23 are upset about the $15 Genie+ fee, then you don't know this crowd.

ToTBellHop

The general public knows nothing of an off-putting attempt at a joke by the CFO at a quarterly call.

D23 isn't a quarterly or stockholder meeting with questions being asked (wait until the beginning of 2022 for that).

If you think that people who are paying big bucks to hobnob with Disney bigwigs at D23 are upset about the $15 Genie+ fee, then you don't know this crowd.
That’s all good and well but who am I supposed to throw these 75 soggy Mickey waffles at? What a waste.

Casper Gutman

Do you think they noticed the lack of parking lot trams? The declining service? The increasing crowds and lengthening lines? The sluggish return of entertainment? You really think G+ doesn't rub some the wrong way?

For some reason, Chapek is dodging one of his company's biggest public events. The PR spin is nonsense on its face.

Casper Gutman

Hey, do you think Disney will announce its big investment into the super savory and family-friendly world of sports gambling at D23?

Bet the whole vacation fund on The Mighty Ducks! And when you lose, a couple of large men in officially licensed mouse ears will beat you senseless behind the dumpster unless you pay up!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom