News DeSantis moves to bring state safety oversight of the Walt Disney World Monorail including suspending the service for inspections

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
You mean the Supreme Court? Good luck with that. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Sorry, whatever your name is
It's in the Federal court in Northern District of Florida.

And even if it gets appealed all the way to SCOTUS, it won't matter. SCOTUS justices aren't politicians: they're bound by law and the constitution. And as has been clearly explained to you: US Constitution > State Law.

MagicHappens1971

Au contraire mon frere, we’re not taking about the country, we’re talking about Florida.
"California ignored federal immigration, marijuana, gun control and gay marriage laws and by doing so, the country followed them and now the fed’s have fallen into line with California’s ideals. Florida is using the same playbook and it will end the same. California is no longer the engine of change…Florida is. Hey, most of the Californians are here anyway."

You were talking about the country. It's all here in your post.

While the FL legislature has been gerrymandered and has a Republican supermajority, the state is not the most Republican state.

But I digress, as this is not a political thread.

Figgy1

With all due respect, this is nothing else but a political issue. How do you keep politics out of it? It’s like keeping God out of religion. Kind of pointless.
We've been politely asked to discuss only the merits of the case and what affect the outcomes may have on Disney on several occasions.

Patcheslee

But inspections do review procedures- which if different could have avoided the human mistakes and/or had other checks in place that could have caught the first error before the trains collided
Speaking from production experience with process documentation that is to be brought up every cycle because the process varies: people don't always open it until there's an inspection. And them come to find out their training was lacking.

Last edited:

Crunchie9

I do feel safer that state mandated inspections are now enforced. Boeing did their own inspections for years and we know what the results of that experiment happened.

Smiley/OCD

I do feel safer that state mandated inspections are now enforced. Boeing did their own inspections for years and we know what the results of that experiment happened.
You mean like those in depth inspections of the PIU pedestrian bridge that collapsed or maybe the inspections of the Surfside condo? Yeah, I feel a LOT safer now…

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I did a business study on them. The TSA inspections were contracted out to Boeing. It’s actually quite the study on corporate governance

My aeronautical engineer dad was a senior project engineer at M-D for 30 of his 40 years in the business. I'm quite familiar with Boeing and how the merger affect the resulting company.

Crunchie9

My aeronautical engineer dad was a senior project engineer at M-D for 30 of his 40 years in the business. I'm quite familiar with Boeing and how the merger affect the resulting company.
I find it fascinating to be honest. From the band aide solution of adjusting the engines to the lack of training of pilots to save costs.. to the malfunction that happened in flight but was averted by a standby pilot only to take the same damn plane and fly it right away.. this time crashing.

Fascinating yet scary.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I find it fascinating to be honest. From the band aide solution of adjusting the engines to the lack of training of pilots to save costs.. to the malfunction that happened in flight but was averted by a standby pilot only to take the same damn plane and fly it right away.. this time crashing.

Fascinating yet scary.

Unfortunately, when Boeing merged with M-D, the corporate philosophy of M-D that drove my dad insane infected Boeing. He complained frequently that the "bean counters" taking over decision making in the industry as a whole would not be good. He'd seen it happen at a major carrier he was an executive at.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom