News DeSantis moves to bring state safety oversight of the Walt Disney World Monorail including suspending the service for inspections

Trauma

The inspectors involved will be aware of the expectations and preferences of their superiors and will be selected based on their superiors' anticipation that they will meet those expectations and honor those preferences.
I would think falsifying an inspection report for something pertaining to public safety and mass transit would but illegal.

These “inspectors” hate Disney so much they are willing to suffer legal consequences?

I think you are a little into conspiracy theory land with this.

lazyboy97o

I would think falsifying an inspection report for something pertaining to public safety and mass transit would but illegal.

These “inspectors” hate Disney so much they are willing to suffer legal consequences?

Falsification is not required. But there you go calling people liars again.

MagicHappens1971

They don’t need to falsify anything to shut down the monorail for 8 hours on Christmas Day for an “routine inspection”

MagicHappens1971

I doubt state inspectors would be working on Christmas day.
It was more conjecture than anything. Okay, let’s not say Christmas Day, they could do the same on December 23rd. Or the day before Thanksgiving, or any day that they feel like. If you don’t think the governor who is already weaponizing the government against Disney won’t do the same in regards to Monorail inspections, you’re naive.

Trauma

It was more conjecture than anything. Okay, let’s not say Christmas Day, they could do the same on December 23rd. Or the day before Thanksgiving, or any day that they feel like. If you don’t think the governor who is already weaponizing the government against Disney won’t do the same in regards to Monorail inspections, you’re naive.
That is ridiculous and you know it.

lazyboy97o

You need to stop making these ridiculous statements and treat the governor like a liar. Just because he had a whole speech at Walt Disney World about this doesn’t mean it’s what he intends to do, because he is a liar and doesn’t mean it or anything else he has said or published.

Trauma

What's ridiculous? That the same hostile governor of Florida is using is governmental powers to punish a company, wouldn't use those same governmental powers (via this new legislation) to "punish" Disney by shutting down the Monorail for extended periods of time?
So you are suggesting we are going to have the monorail shut down once a week for 8 hour inspections ?

Brian

So you are suggesting we are going to have the monorail shut down once a week for 8 hour inspections ?
They're already shut down at least once a week, sometimes more, for weather or mechanical issues. They deploy buses to the affected routes and all is well in the world.

Now there'll be NY Times stories about it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Suspending service…

Just more ridiculous…this is like a comic book issue tantrum

1683163367629.gif

MagicHappens1971

They're already shut down at least once a week, sometimes more, for weather or mechanical issues. They deploy buses to the affected routes and all is well in the world.

I don't know if I'd say they shut down "once a week" and even if that was true, it's not for extended periods of time.

lazyboy97o

This is exactly why nobody believes when you say you think retaliating against speech is wrong. You’re making excuses and rationalizing it, trying to water it down and turn it into a Gotcha when you know full and well that it’s all part of the same pattern of behavior.

hopemax

Under this new oversight, what might change if the monorail has an incident like the door or similar, regarding a timeline? Previously, Disney would try and get them operating again in hours. Would this still be the case, or could potentially spill into a 2nd day?

Brian

I don't know if I'd say they shut down "once a week" and even if that was true, it's not for extended periods of time.
Perhaps it's improved since I left Disney. At the time when I was still working there (a few years ago now), there were shutdowns fairly regularly.

This is exactly why nobody believes when you say you think retaliating against speech is wrong. You’re making excuses and rationalizing it, trying to water it down and turn it into a Gotcha when you know full and well that it’s all part of the same pattern of behavior.
No, I'm saying that there is a very simple solution to the antics of this governor, at least as it pertains to monorails. That's it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom